'You might be right': Two bipartisan governors on how civility can fix post-Trump America + bipartisan policy solutions to go along with civility

It's not about making a point, it's about making a difference. Making a difference means actually trying to solve a problem instead of yelling at the other side about how horrible they are

Just get Proportional Representation, it'd change everything.

5 million US jobs depend on Mexico, Mexico is the top trading partner for 30 American states

we need Mexico!

go to Mexico, it's not like Afghanistan, 80 percent of the violence happens in 20 percent of the cities
Most Americans support a prosperous and fair trade agreement with Mexico, and Canada, like the one Trump established unlike the former agreement mess where US got screwed. The geography alone is most conducive to continuing the relationship.

Fair policy does not, by any standard definition of the word fair, equate individuals and families going through the legal process to obtain US citizenship and work visas as opposed to those cutting in line illegally. No comparison for those who see the distinction clearly.

Most Americans support a prosperous and fair trade agreement with Mexico, and Canada, like the one Trump established unlike the former agreement mess where US got screwed. The geography alone is most conducive to continuing the relationship.

Fair policy does not, by any standard definition of the word fair, equate individuals and families going through the legal process to obtain US citizenship and work visas as opposed to those cutting in line illegally. No comparison for those who see the distinction clearly.

Nobody is "cutting in line" illegally.

please see the policies i lay out later in this thread and decide if you would vote for a centrist uniter for president
So moderate tax increases and letting the perverts have limited access to our children? Or maybe ALMOST killing babies in the womb?

Define a centrist. What is a centrist's moral foundation?

Last edited:
Statements like these are why nobody takes you seriously

22dc-border-1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Of course illegal entries are cutting in line. Do you understand the growing percentage of total US population for undocumented immigrants, just adding 1.13 million from 1/20 to 1/21? Your assessment that “nobody is cutting in line” is not the truth. If it were true, we should have open borders without checkpoints, allowing 10 million annually. Because, as you’ve implied, if nobody is cutting in line than increased numbers shouldn’t matter, right? Do you support we should let 5 million in illegally before Christmas?

There is a reason that US immigration quotas limit the number of entries per country per year. It is also used as a way to attempt a fair distribution among countries.

Fact- The percentages are continuing to grow unless something is done dramatically to reduce illegal entry, and it is certainly not happening under Biden beyond mere words.

Last edited:
It's not about making a point, it's about making a difference. Making a difference means actually trying to solve a problem instead of yelling at the other side about how horrible they are

Sure it is! We have been moving to the Left for YEARS. Now the Left wants to sing cumbaya, just in case they get hosed in the midterms.

Imagine the joke, if an NFL football team was offered an option not to tackle hard, once the opposing team got in field goal range and was able to win the gm. People would demand the coaches head if he/she accepted.

You either win, or you lose. It is all up in the air..........or that is what I am told, even if I do not believe it. If this is what Americans want, then who am I to argue. But before the vote, argue I will!

Of course illegal entries are cutting in line. Do you understand the percentages that is growing for undocumented immigrants just adding 1 million over the last year let’s add another million over the next is that what you’re saying without any worries no concerns? Do you support we should let 5 million in illegally the next year? Do you understand immigration quotas per country that the US uses to attempt to play fair? Fact- The percentages are continuing to grow unless something is done dramatically to reduce illegal entry, and it is certainly not happening under Biden beyond mere words.

You are simply mindless rambling. We don't "let" anyone in illegally.

Yes, her: Giorgia Meloni, who heads the Fratelli d’Italia party. Did you not watch the video? She is speaking to Italians against the goals of globalists. Do you support the globalist agenda to create perfect human consumers?

Last edited:
You are simply mindless rambling. We don't "let" anyone in illegally.
I see you follow the Hitler method. Tell an outrageous lie long enough and maybe a few useful idiots will believe it.

Tell us again. Nobody's crossing the border illegally. Say it like you really believe it this time 😂

I don't see any inherent value in "centrist" views, or even necessarily civility. But I would like to see a leader who recognized the need for consensus. We need to stop using democracy as a mallet to beat the "other side" over the head with whenever "our side" gets a leg up. We need candidates who will say something like:

"If elected, I will represent all my constituents, not just those who voted for me. I pledge to refrain from signing any bill, or implementing policy, that doesn't enjoy broad support, or at least acceptance. You might not agree with all of my ideas, or my party's ideas, and that's fine. It's my job to persuade you, to convince you that those ideas are worth a shot. If I can't do that, those ideas will have to wait."

Forum List

Back