You knew 2020 would suck when we lost Neil Peart in January.

Never got them. Not that their music wasn't excellent, it's just that something didn't translate from Canadian.

Never got them. Not that their music wasn't excellent, it's just that something didn't translate from Canadian.

I think it may be that their music was more opera and storytelling than the typical American rock.
Something that is directly attributed to the guy who wrote most of Rush's material.

RIP Neil.

I think it may be that their music was more opera and storytelling than the typical American rock.
Something that is directly attributed to the guy who wrote most of Rush's material.

RIP Neil.

I always thought they were a ripoff of Yes, whom I did like at the time.

Perhaps it was Geddy Lee's less than stellar vocals?;) It's the ONLY negative thing about their music, IMHO.
Their first album in 1974 was explosive for the time....when they played Working Man on the radio, floods of calls came in asking who it was- a lot thought it was Led Zeppelin when they first heard them.
And I was 15 when I first saw them opening for Ted Nugent up in Akron Ohio and the same year had front row for the 2112 tour....so they were like gods to me as a kid.

I think Power Windows was their last good album so I lost interest in the 80's - leaned more toward more metal music. But now I look back and just appreciate their contribution as a whole and focus on their best stuff -imo -74 to 85.

Forum List

Back