"You have humiliated us"

Ret. Navy Admiral to Trump: ‘I Would Consider It an Honor if You Would Revoke My Security Clearance’
McRaven-4.jpg

a Washington Post op-ed Thursday afternoon. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him."

ADVERTISING
McRaven gave 37 years of his life to the Navy before retiring in 2014 with the honor of being the longest serving Navy SEAL to still be on duty.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," McRaven continues.

Admiral McRaven also served as the first director of the NATO Special Operations Forces Coordination Centre (NSCC), and ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command, and just retired as chancellor of the University of Texas System.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," the Admiral continues. "If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."

The Post includes this short clip of McRaven calling Trump's attack on the free press as "the enemy of the American people," possibly "the greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime.
----------------------------------------------- the thing with ALL these boneheads , vets or what ever . is that they all voluntarily joined up and made careers and were paid for doing their jobs by taxpayers . Nothing more and nothing less Edward .

He's retired, he doesn't need clearance, revoke it
Get your sorry ass out of this country traitor Trump is less than a scumbag next to this man ,,as you are too

Address my post and save your false bravado, punk

There is no reason for the retired admiral to have a security clearance
He has one and he wants your scumbag to take it away
I think all who are no longer employed by our government should be stripped of their 'privilege'. It makes no sense to keep it

Unless of course the country ends up in sudden war, and then the retired folk with a ton of knowledge might suddenly be called upon.
At which point, a new background check and a new security clearance can be initiated.

They have this thing called an "interim clearance". You see, they issue it upon preliminary checks and it can be waivered if the person had a prior clearance and is effective for 180 days. More than enough time to reissue his security clearance if needed.

Ret. Navy Admiral to Trump: ‘I Would Consider It an Honor if You Would Revoke My Security Clearance’
McRaven-4.jpg

a Washington Post op-ed Thursday afternoon. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him."

ADVERTISING
McRaven gave 37 years of his life to the Navy before retiring in 2014 with the honor of being the longest serving Navy SEAL to still be on duty.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," McRaven continues.

Admiral McRaven also served as the first director of the NATO Special Operations Forces Coordination Centre (NSCC), and ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command, and just retired as chancellor of the University of Texas System.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," the Admiral continues. "If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."

The Post includes this short clip of McRaven calling Trump's attack on the free press as "the enemy of the American people," possibly "the greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime.

THANK YOU, ADMIRAL McRAVEN! He and John Brennan are STANDING UP FOR THE U.S.A.! If I cannot be literally at your side, I, as an American, will be standing at your side in thought and spirit. I am so proud of you both. It is so wonderful to see true Patriots standing up for all of us.

Exactly what is it about the PRIVILEGE of having security clearance after you no longer work for the government that is "the USA"? What is the source of your sudden pseudo-patriotism?

McRaven-4.jpg

ADVERTISING

Looks like you’ve found yourself someone who doesn’t like Trump. :)

This gentleman is now the Chancellor of U of Tx.
He also received awards from the fbi and cia while serving under the last administration. Of course, he will defend them.

Get your sorry ass out of this country traitor Trump is less than a scumbag next to this man ,,as you are too

I think all who are no longer employed by our government should be stripped of their 'privilege'. It makes no sense to keep it

I believe the idea is for them to be a sort of information resource in reserve. Theoretically, someone from the current administration could go to them for info or advice. The security clearance allows them to actually be told about the situation on which they would advise.

Unless of course the country ends up in sudden war, and then the retired folk with a ton of knowledge might suddenly be called upon.
------------------------------------------------------------------- thing is that 'mrobama' got rid of many experienced Generals and Military men because they were REAL Generals and military men Frigid . I'll get some info for you when i have a minute Frigid . But check out General Boykin real quick Frigid .

I believe the idea is for them to be a sort of information resource in reserve. Theoretically, someone from the current administration could go to them for info or advice. The security clearance allows them to actually be told about the situation on which they would advise.
Exactly why there can't be a person from the Obama administration that has anything of value to offer

-Geaux

McRaven-4.jpg

ADVERTISING

Why didn't he lose his security clearance the minute he retired? That should have been automatic.

seems to me that all the worship of military and officials , vets and other authority figures in unhealthy as all heck . And it is bad in the general adult population but much worse for young Americans still in lower grades of public school .

Exactly, well said.

and this 'mcsalmon ' or what ever he is is getting out of the 'UT' for whatever reason . just a comment .

On 9/11 while Trump was on celebrity apprentice Brennan and McRaven were protecting America So all you good patriots you republican scum sleep on that CU all tomorrow

Yeah, retired people are losers, right? Trump only does winners, and as he's the only US president, he's the only winner, everyone else is a loser.

I never said that...did I?

You loons really need to stop making shit up when you're butthurt

He's retired what does he need clearance for and from his whining (and Brennan's) it's probably wise to revoke it who knows what lengths they will go to
You moron These men are part of the bravest who ever served our country and your dumb ass still supports the scum in our WH ..... FN traitor

First off, don't use words you don't know the meaning of. Secondly, WTF is the point of this post--that you finally found an anti-Trump retired military guy?

While that is quite a feat, it's not exactly proof of anything. I'm sure with a simple Google search, I can not only find many military who support Trump, but many more that didn't have very pleasant things to say about DumBama.

But again, it's pointless to do so.

seems to me that all the worship of military and officials , vets and other authority figures in unhealthy as all heck . And it is bad in the general adult population but much worse for young Americans still in lower grades of public school .
Yeah and this pos in our WH is such an inspiration such a great example for our young

Forum List

Back