Zone1 You Call Me A Racist Because I Disagree With You

So you're argument is dumb based on the way players are selected. I see you have nothing to sayy about coaches who don't havve to physically compete and the fact that a league that is 80 percent black has 3 black head coaches.

My point exactly.

It's ok to choose a running back based on talent, but not ok to choose a coach based on talent.

Thank you for posting here IM2, you give so many of these people here a much needed dose of reality. I don't always agree with you, of course, but I always do appreciate your contributions. It is especially entertaining to see Team MAGA recoil in horror at what you post.

Racial minorities are the intended targets of this sociological largesse, but women are included, as well. This obsession with diversity and inclusion is in the process of leading the nation to decline in a number of areas.

I would ask the question, what exactly is this decline, and how is it harming America?

The author goes on to say that requirements in the STEM disciplines are being "watered down" in the sake of inclusion of minorities, once you go on past the B.S. in any of the STEM disciplines you have to know what you are doing in science and you can no longer skate by with just that diploma at the Bachelor level. Even those who do manage to skate by are in for a rude awakening when they graduate, so this number would be tiny. Like, real tiny.

How is it a bad thing to get more minorities and women involved in traditionally white male STEM disciplines? That is exactly what we should be doing if we can ever hope to compete with China, where high school graduates from China can come to the U.S. and ace the highest levels of chemistry taught at good schools, I personally know people like this, dumber than a box of rocks but scientifically, they are sharp as a tack right out of high school.

What would happen to the NFL or NBA IF they hired players based on DEI?

:rolleyes:

republicans want more of the African American vote. They want more of the Hispanic vote, they want more of the Armenian vote , and the list goes on

Instead they should ask why do they not get more of these votes.

Then they just scratch their heads and say I don't know

See the plan is working.

Oh, and so we see a reference to Shelby Steele.

Here is another example of just how desperate whites on the right are to hear someone black diss other black people. So let's look at some woords by Shelby Steele.

Consider his opinion in this example.

“Because white guilt is a vacuum of moral authority; it makes the moral authority of whites and the legitimacy of American institutions contingent upon proving a negative: that they are not racist. The great power of white guilt comes from the fact that it functions by stigma, like racism itself. Whites and American institutions are stigmatized as racist until they prove otherwise."
-“White Guilt, How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era

What moral authority did whites lose? Does Steele even consider that a behavior enforced by a series of laws and policies from approximately 1619 until 1965 might be the reason for whatever “stigma” he claims? Would actions done due to racism be a reason to disqualify institutions that maintain a system built on white supremacy? Is holding individuals and institutions accountable to end racism creating a stigma? Does the continuing racism that we see have anything to do with society today?

Or how about this one?

“I think one of the cruelest things a society can do is to take the best and the brightest young black Americans and basically say to them you simply cannot compete with the best and brightest of other races. We won’t allow you to do that. You can’t do it. You have to depend on our paternalism.”
-“White Guilt, How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era

When a black person makes a comment like this, you must ask if they are participating in the use of crack. Steele is a man who lived his first nineteen years of life during legalized Jim Crow. His undergraduate work was done in a small, predominantly white college named Coe College in Iowa. Steele did his graduate study at the University of Utah. Today he opposes Affirmative Action. Did it ever cross his mind that maybe, just maybe, he was admitted into any of those schools thanks to Affirmative Action? Was Steele oblivious to everything that was going on around him? Did Steele miss how whites could not compete without rigging the system in their favor?

Did he miss all the group preferences whites were getting from the government before he decided that blacks were betrayed by so-called group preferences mandated by the government? Whites were getting them all around him, and they didn’t seem to have any problems. It has been this type of thinking that has hindered racial progress in this country. If you play football without pads or a helmet and the other team is fully equipped, it is not wrong to demand that you get the same equipment. But Steele would instead have tried tackling Derrick Henry while Henry was fully padded with Steele wearing street clothes, then wonder why he got his collarbone broken after Henry ran him over.

Seriously, these guys have no contact withh reality. Their arguments are so ridiculous as to be comedic. Yet we see whites hailing these nuts as great intellectual minds and telling us how blacks should adopt their ideas.

Last edited:
Don't hear no one making a peep about the fact that 97% of kickers are white.
People physically compete against each other for positions. Best man gets the job. You don't see many black Mr. irrelevants making NFL teams,, there are no blackk Brock Purdy's.

Thank you for posting here IM2, you give so many of these people here a much needed dose of reality. I don't always agree with you, of course, but I always do appreciate your contributions. It is especially entertaining to see Team MAGA recoil in horror at what you post.

Racial minorities are the intended targets of this sociological largesse, but women are included, as well. This obsession with diversity and inclusion is in the process of leading the nation to decline in a number of areas.

I would ask the question, what exactly is this decline, and how is it harming America?

The author goes on to say that requirements in the STEM disciplines are being "watered down" in the sake of inclusion of minorities, once you go on past the B.S. in any of the STEM disciplines you have to know what you are doing in science and you can no longer skate by with just that diploma at the Bachelor level. Even those who do manage to skate by are in for a rude awakening when they graduate, so this number would be tiny. Like, real tiny.

How is it a bad thing to get more minorities and women involved in traditionally white male STEM disciplines? That is exactly what we should be doing if we can ever hope to compete with China, where high school graduates from China can come to the U.S. and ace the highest levels of chemistry taught at good schools, I personally know people like this, dumber than a box of rocks but scientifically, they are sharp as a tack right out of high school.
Thanks odanny. We are adults, we won't agree on everything. But at least come back with a fact based objection instead of the stuff we see from these MAGATS. Wiilliams was getting paid very well by right wing foundations. He was paid 1.9 million in grants alone.

That is exactly what we should be doing if we can ever hope to compete with China, where high school graduates from China can come to the U.S. and ace the highest levels of chemistry taught at good schools, .....
How ridiculous can you get?

People physically compete against each other for positions. Best man gets the job. You don't see many black Mr. irrelevants making NFL teams,, there are no blackk Brock Purdy's.

Purdy wasnt really irrelevant. He took his college team to 4 straight bowl games. He was drafted last who knows why, probably because people were hung up on size and physicality , but he had already proven to have a knack for the game and was winner before he was in the NFL. If you can read defensses under pressure and still have good timing with your recievers and put the ball where its supposed to go, scouts will probably like you.
The irrelevelant tag really isnt fair, he was forced to start last year as a rookie 3rd stringer, due to injuries.

….especially since math and reading are racist, amiright?

Purdy wasnt really irrelevant. He took his college team to 4 straight bowl games. He was drafted last who knows why, probably because people were hung up on size and physicality , but he had already proven to have a knack for the game and was winner before he was in the NFL. If you can read defensses under pressure and still have good timing with your recievers and put the ball where its supposed to go, scouts will probably like you.
The irrelevelant tag really isnt fair, he was forced to start last year as a rookie 3rd stringer, due to injuries.
I saw Brock Purdy play in college and a lot of teams made a mistake. I live in the Big 12 market. They had Breece Hall and Montgomery as runninng backs and Alan Lazarrd at wideout as well. All these guys are NFL players.

Yep because Steele is an idiot.
no he isnt ... you dont want a black conservative to be President of Harvard .. Steele is an intelligent successful man ... you however are an angry racist taking marching orders from a divisive political party .

Forum List

Back