Yikes: McCarthy & Taylor-Greene warn telecom companies not to turn over Jan 6 phone records

I’m not sure you’re the most rational person, and someone who isn’t rational really can’t judge what is and isn’t rational.

So yeah, we saw one barricade being removed by capitol police. Keep in mind, that was after multiple manned barricades had already been overrun by violent protestors at other areas in the capitol leading to injuries in the police. See the crowd of hundreds behind that fence? See the handful of police supposed to defend it? They could have remained and gotten their asses kicked like the other police.

Or they could have done the RATIONAL thing and fall back to the building where they could better defend points of entry.

So tell me. Is that not a rational explanation for what you saw? If so, what isn’t rational about it?

Where is your evidence of that? Those were probably the first people to get to the Capital.

Let’s have a name. Who has been held in solitary confinement for over a year.

Yeah, like the media is going to print their names.

Voters will remember this.

The Nazis have built their entire political strategy around hatred of Der Juden, the whites. They are counting on hatred from all non-whites with self-hatred by a big chunk of white people to let them further their hold on power.

When the mentor of democrats, Adolf Hitler did this, he selected the Jews, which were a small minority. Deciding to scapegoat the majority seems insane, but the Nazis have gotten remarkably far with it.

Where is your evidence of that? Those were probably the first people to get to the Capital.

Yeah, like the media is going to print their names.

Eyewitness testimony.

Besides, the first police to start facing off with Trump supporters were on a different side.

An Extremely detailed list of videos can be found here.

Why won’t the right wing media print their names?

Eyewitness testimony.

Besides, the first police to start facing off with Trump supporters were on a different side.

Right, and I'm sure you went through all 500 videos.

What he said was he started recording when people started to shake their fists. That's a reason to not try and stop them? Of course they were outnumbered. They knew that from the start.
Where they expecting, a dozen protesters to show up?

There are over 750 of them in custody. Do you want each and every one of their names?

Right, and I'm sure you went through all 500 videos.

What he said was he started recording when people started to shake their fists. That's a reason to not try and stop them? Of course they were outnumbered. They knew that from the start.
Where they expecting, a dozen protesters to show up?

There are over 750 of them in custody. Do you want each and every one of their names?
There are not 750 people in custody. I thought someone claiming that a person has been kept in solitary for over a year would know the name of this person. It doesn’t seem like that big of an ask. The fact that you don’t know would perhaps be an indication that this claim might be complete bullshit.

As for the Capitol, people manning the fences had been injured. You expect them to stand there and get their asses beat? That doesn’t make any sense. So the protest at the capitol that day was supposed to be quite small, just a little rally by Alex Jones. Trump’s rally was much larger but did not occur at the capitol. But more to the point, they didn’t expect Trump supporters to get so violent. I didn’t. There’s not really any precedent for it.

Regardless, believing that the cops leaving the fence and falling back is evidence it was an “inside job” or some such nonsense is delusional and fails to consider a much more rational alternative.

There are not 750 people in custody. I thought someone claiming that a person has been kept in solitary for over a year would know the name of this person. It doesn’t seem like that big of an ask. The fact that you don’t know would perhaps be an indication that this claim might be complete bullshit.

As for the Capitol, people manning the fences had been injured. You expect them to stand there and get their asses beat? That doesn’t make any sense. So the protest at the capitol that day was supposed to be quite small, just a little rally by Alex Jones. Trump’s rally was much larger but did not occur at the capitol. But more to the point, they didn’t expect Trump supporters to get so violent. I didn’t. There’s not really any precedent for it.

Regardless, believing that the cops leaving the fence and falling back is evidence it was an “inside job” or some such nonsense is delusional and fails to consider a much more rational alternative.

Wait a minute, nobody thought that many people would be there? Did you ever see any Trump rally before 1/6? All his appearances were standing room only with a huge line waiting outside.

The FBI alerted the Capital police about this possibility. Correct, we on the right are not normally violent people, but do you take that chance? Trump too had this information which is why he wanted troops there before it began. They told him to shove his troops, they'll handle it just fine. Piglosi is the overseer of the Capital police.

No, I can't find anybody that was in solitary for a full year. Would a person who wrote an article that was in solitary for six months satisfy you? I have that. The point is nobody should be in solitary unless they are so violent they can't be trusted in the general prison population. The commies used it as punishment for their crimes instead. None of our US prisons do that. Like I said, Nazism.

Eyewitness testimony.
Oh wow?

That directly contradicts the videos your tried so hard to suppress but the courts finally forced you to release.

Who are we going to believe, the Reich, or our lying eyes?

Who's names?

Interesting. I wonder why they would be worried about such a thing. It was just a tour that got a little rowdy!

Any guesses?

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) have warned telecommunications companies against sharing information with the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) joined House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in threatening telecommunications companies that comply with a records request from the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday. Greene is pictured after a press conference outside the Capitol in Washington, D.C. on August 23, 2021.

McCarthy and Greene on Tuesday both suggested that the companies would face repercussions for complying with the committee's request for data once Republicans are in control of the government. The committee asked 35 telecommunications and social media companies to supply it with the records on Monday.

Some of the requested records pertain to Greene and other Republican members of Congress who were involved in the January 6 "Stop the Steal" rally supporting former President Donald Trump's false claims that he "won" the 2020 election, according to CNN. Shortly after the rally, the Capitol was breached by rioters who claimed that Trump was a victim of election fraud.
The cover up is going to get Kevin McCarthy;

The cover up is going to get Kevin McCarthy;

I live how these embarrasisng idiots think saying "I have nothing relevant to add to this investigation!" somehow clears them or should get them out of testifying.

But, as usual, they assume the cult will fall right in line, no matter how fucking stupid what they say is.

Naturally, they are correct.

Nobody thinks less of the Trumpers than ther own cult high priests.

Wait a minute, nobody thought that many people would be there? Did you ever see any Trump rally before 1/6? All his appearances were standing room only with a huge line waiting outside.

The FBI alerted the Capital police about this possibility. Correct, we on the right are not normally violent people, but do you take that chance? Trump too had this information which is why he wanted troops there before it began. They told him to shove his troops, they'll handle it just fine. Piglosi is the overseer of the Capital police.

No, I can't find anybody that was in solitary for a full year. Would a person who wrote an article that was in solitary for six months satisfy you? I have that. The point is nobody should be in solitary unless they are so violent they can't be trusted in the general prison population. The commies used it as punishment for their crimes instead. None of our US prisons do that. Like I said, Nazism.
Well, not really sure they did know how many people would be there. Trump didn't have his rally at the Capitol, he had it at the Ellipse, which is like a mile away from the Capitol. There was a rally at the Capitol but it was a little Alex Jones job. The Capitol police did not take the FBI seriously, that's true. It's a failing to take a warning seriously, but hindsight is always 20/20. The Capitol Police were hesitant to have the Capitol lined with military but requested the Guard to be readily available. Apparently the military decided to doddle that day.

I do like your admission that Trump was aware that his supporters would be violent but didn't cancel the rally.

Pelosi is not overseer of the Capitol police, yet again this is a bullshit assertion.

Sure, hit me with the person in solitary for 6 months. But before you do, I'll remind you that you described such a person as a trespasser. We shall see if that is an accurate description of the name you give.

Our US Constitution gives every citizen the right to a fair and speedy trial. Some of these trespassers have not only been held for over a year, but in solitary confinement as political enemies.
As for how prisons operate, guess what? They're shit. Us Democrats have been trying to reform prison system for a long time and the right has attacked us at basically every turn. Now you're mad because some of your political allies are getting the treatment you guys wanted for others.

No. You see, the BLM that exists in that racist, decrepit lump between your ears does not exist in reality.

Right...

1642128653001.png

Well, not really sure they did know how many people would be there. Trump didn't have his rally at the Capitol, he had it at the Ellipse, which is like a mile away from the Capitol. There was a rally at the Capitol but it was a little Alex Jones job. The Capitol police did not take the FBI seriously, that's true. It's a failing to take a warning seriously, but hindsight is always 20/20. The Capitol Police were hesitant to have the Capitol lined with military but requested the Guard to be readily available. Apparently the military decided to doddle that day.

I do like your admission that Trump was aware that his supporters would be violent but didn't cancel the rally.

Pelosi is not overseer of the Capitol police, yet again this is a bullshit assertion.

Sure, hit me with the person in solitary for 6 months. But before you do, I'll remind you that you described such a person as a trespasser. We shall see if that is an accurate description of the name you give.

So where did I say that Trump "knew" his supporters would be violent? That's like saying I bought auto insurance because I knew I would be involved in a car accident.

As for how prisons operate, guess what? They're shit. Us Democrats have been trying to reform prison system for a long time and the right has attacked us at basically every turn. Now you're mad because some of your political allies are getting the treatment you guys wanted for others.

Prison reform? When the hell was that? And when did Republicans ever support inhumane treatment for political foes?

Evidence galore: Sullivan County native boasted online about Capitol riot role

Prosecutors have shared with defense lawyers more than 1,000 photos, video clips and social media posts to support their case against Lang, who is accused of fighting with police officers at a Capitol entrance for more than two hours and swinging a baseball bat at them. Lang faces 11 charges for his alleged role in the Jan. 6 siege, including assaulting a police officer with a dangerous weapon.

Lang told the judge on Friday that his solitary confinement has taken a physical and mental toll on him and prevented him from viewing the evidence at length to help prepare his defense.

"I have not been able to review one hour of the evidence against me," he said.

FBI have identified Edward Lang as the man with the shield and baseball bat in this photo from Jan. 6, in which a pro-Trump mob clashes with police and security forces as people try to storm the US Capitol.
Poor fella. Just trespassing while peacefully protesting.

Forum List

Back