Yet more leftist logic. Rainbow flag burned in NY and it makes NATIONAL news.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Rainbow flag again set on fire at N.Y. gay bar - The Boston Globe

Burning Rainbow flag is bad... apparently a hate crime.
Burning the American flag is patriotic? And apparently applauded by many on the left.

While I think burning private property is a crime if it doesn't belong to you i don't think burning the stars and stripes should be "protected speech".

Local bar in NY gets a flag burned and its national news. How many other flags are burned every week and nary a peep?

That would be a good two-part question to ask candidates during a debate from either party:

Do you support the right to burn the American Flag? And do you support the right to burn a Rainbow Flag?

That would cause a few onstage puckers, you betcha.

FWIW I support the right to burn both flags and I always have. I think burning the American flag is disgusting, but we have the right to burn it. The rainbow flag is more personally threatening, akin to burning crosses. Also disgusting. So in short, both disgusting, but you have the right to burn them. Also have the right to be filmed burning them--with all the repercussions that follow.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
That would be a good two-part question to ask candidates during a debate from either party:

Do you support the right to burn the American Flag? And do you support the right to burn a Rainbow Flag?

FWIW I support the right to burn both flags and I always have. I think burning the American flag is disgusting, but we have the right to burn it. The rainbow flag is more personally threatening, akin to burning crosses. Also disgusting. So in short, both disgusting, but you have the right to burn them. Also have the right to be filmed burning them--with all the repercussions that follow.

I support the right to burn the flag if it is your flag. I think it is stupid and disgusting, but it is your right.

But that does not give you the right to burn someone else’s flag.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Burning the American flag is patriotic? And apparently applauded by many on the left.

While I think burning private property is a crime if it doesn't belong to you i don't think burning the stars and stripes should be "protected speech".

Local bar in NY gets a flag burned and its national news. How many other flags are burned every week and nary a peep?
Leftists need their own country, one that does not share a border with the USA

Co-sign this response ^ 110%

Good thing we have you to keep up on all the gay news. :gay:

I support the right to burn the flag if it is your flag. I think it is stupid and disgusting, but it is your right. But that does not give you the right to burn someone else’s flag.
Should it be illegal, then?
Destruction of someone else's property is already illegal. Re-read his post. He supports the right unless its someone else's property. Purdy simple.

I support the right to burn the flag if it is your flag. I think it is stupid and disgusting, but it is your right. But that does not give you the right to burn someone else’s flag.
Destruction of someone else's property is already illegal. Re-read his post. He supports the right unless its someone else's property. Purdy simple.
Great, thanks so much.

Yes, it should be illegal to steal a flag from someone and burn it.

It should not be so to burn your own. Me not liking something does not mean it should be illegal.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Great, thanks so much.
Oh!

It was totally my pleasure to clarify!!

It should not be so to burn your own. Me not liking something does not mean it should be illegal.

So you're talking about property, not ideology. OK.

I think burning any flag is reprehensible. That said, one has a reprehensible right to do it. Free speech is protecting that which many of us loathe.

I think burning any flag is reprehensible. That said, one has a reprehensible right to do it. Free speech is protecting that which many of us loathe.
And, bingo.

It would be nice if the burning of a flag got people's attention and initiated communication.

Unfortunately, in our present condition, the only thing it initiates is "consequences".

So you're talking about property, not ideology. OK.
Have some coffee.

He talked about both.

Thats why he differentiated between RIGHTS(ideology), and posessions (yours/not yours).

Youre See through.

Leftists need their own country, one that does not share a border with the USA

They had several, and destroyed them.

Forum List

Back