Yessireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nobody wants an EV

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.

I can still buy a bigger car in great condition packed full feature rich with every imaginable deluxe feature I could ever want with power out the ass screaming fast and still have enough money left over to fill my tank for the next 32 years for what one of your Teslas would cost me. Don't need it.
In the 1908, you could buy a strong horse, and buggy and lots of hay for the price of a Model T Ford, but by the 1920's there were more than 8 million cars on the road.

And in five years you will be able to buy a used Tesla that will exceed that car in every category.
Really? I'll be able to buy a Tesla that comfortably seats 5 in a plush leather interior with 5 way power seats, power pedals, tilt power steering, brakes, windows, AC, large trunk, cruise, AM/FM, cassette and 5 disc CD changer and moon roof, plus rear window defroster with 300 HP and traction control all for only $4,000?

Probably be able to buy a Chinese EV new that will exceed that car in every category.
Why would I want to buy a chinese EV? Why would the USA even allow chinese EVs sold here? Can I buy a Cadillac in China?

If you look at the sales curve of EV's in the US, EU, and China, you see the future.
Maybe your future, not mine. When they replaced the steam locomotive with electric diesel, it had all the advantages of steam but was better and cheaper. EV cars is an expensive, uncertain, emerging technology with evolving battery technology largely still being developed and defined and with many hidden and unforeseen issues that consumers cannot know yet because you first have to even find a place on the road you can even charge one at.

You be the guinea pig. I'll watch and laugh.

Let's get one thing straight here: I think the prospects of electric cars is wonderful! I am all up on the advantages of simple DC motors. But in my life, I've bought cars for as little as $450 I think, and the main thing was that the body needed a little work. With the advent of EVs, there will be no such opportunity! EVs will DRASTICALLY raise the cost of owning a car and transportation because no matter what, you will never see even used EVs going for so cheap for young kids and people on a stringent budget to buy and fix up, and a lot of people depend on and live off the fixer-up used car market!

For one thing, the new bodies you can't just rivet new metal to them or braze, then finish up with a little putty and sanding----- repairing a body now is high tech needing special tools, skills and composites! Then of course the other thing is that unlike that $450 car of mine that had a big 400 c.i, engine and big plush interior, any EV selling for $450 won't be worth buying. That either means that the storage batteries are totally shot needing immediate replacement and there will be no good, cheap EV batteries or generic ones, they cost a boat full, so immediately, you will have to invest THOUSANDS of dollars to buy new factory batteries or they will have just been put in the car by the previous owner meaning that the car will not be going for $450! Or anything remotely close to it.

Then of course, the other thing you risk is that every EV having highly specialized batteries for it, then all they need to do is retire that battery, it becomes unavailable, and VOILA! You instantly have a worthless auto that you can't even drive to the junkyard.

I'm convinced ... I'm going green ...

humvee-military-5.jpg

Let's get one thing straight here: I think the prospects of electric cars is wonderful! I am all up on the advantages of simple DC motors. But in my life, I've bought cars for as little as $450 I think, and the main thing was that the body needed a little work. With the advent of EVs, there will be no such opportunity! EVs will DRASTICALLY raise the cost of owning a car and transportation because no matter what, you will never see even used EVs going for so cheap for young kids and people on a stringent budget to buy and fix up, and a lot of people depend on and live off the fixer-up used car market!

For one thing, the new bodies you can't just rivet new metal to them or braze, then finish up with a little putty and sanding----- repairing a body now is high tech needing special tools, skills and composites! Then of course the other thing is that unlike that $450 car of mine that had a big 400 c.i, engine and big plush interior, any EV selling for $450 won't be worth buying. That either means that the storage batteries are totally shot needing immediate replacement and there will be no good, cheap EV batteries or generic ones, they cost a boat full, so immediately, you will have to invest THOUSANDS of dollars to buy new factory batteries or they will have just been put in the car by the previous owner meaning that the car will not be going for $450! Or anything remotely close to it.

Then of course, the other thing you risk is that every EV having highly specialized batteries for it, then all they need to do is retire that battery, it becomes unavailable, and VOILA! You instantly have a worthless auto that you can't even drive to the junkyard.
That's similar to the attitude many had when they first put computers in cars. "I can't work on it. I can't even set the points", "you're telling me it doesn't even have a carburetor or distributer"? "Only the dealer knows how to work on the computer, and they cost thousands, and if it's bad, the car is nothing but scrap iron". " The front end is all plastic, I can't hammer out a dent in plastic". Are you old enough to remember all that?

Corrupt Biden administration passing edicts to help out big billionaires who buy them off.........EV do well with corrupt dems in.

I just checked. If I want to get my EV car charged, it is between a 30 minute to 50 minute drive from my home each way depending on time of day! Which of course takes me to a place I'd otherwise have NO reason for driving too!

ITMT, I probably pass 900 gas stations getting too. Insanity. Only the brainwashed would buy an EV.

I just checked. If I want to get my EV car charged, it is between a 30 minute to 50 minute drive from my home each way depending on time of day! Which of course takes me to a place I'd otherwise have NO reason for driving too!

ITMT, I probably pass 900 gas stations getting too. Insanity. Only the brainwashed would buy an EV.
When the model T came out in 1908, there were almost no places to get gasoline. By the 1920s there were over 8 million cars on the road, and the government had long been giving grants to oil companies to build gas stations in counties that didn't even have any cars yet. The infrastructure will expand to meet the demand. There might not be enough charging stations today, but there will be soon.

The environmental damage to create those cars is ignored along with the mere fact if you get every petro driver to drive one the amount of electricity to charge them daily will jump massively and we do not have the infrastructure for that type of increase no matter in California or Texas.

The environmental damage to create those cars is ignored along with the mere fact if you get every petro driver to drive one the amount of electricity to charge them daily will jump massively and we do not have the infrastructure for that type of increase no matter in California or Texas.
Then it's a good thing that every petro driver won't drive one immediately. There are still plenty of gas powered cars on the road, and that number will gradually decrease as electric cars, and the infrastructure to power them increase. You didn't think the conversion was going to happen all at once at 3:30 next Tuesday afternoon, did you?

Electric cars are a stupid idea. Nobody will ever buy one of those things ------------Oh, wait.
YOu missed it.
Tesla far and away makes most of its revenue from EVs.
Buuut... they make most of their profits in other venues.
If all Tesla did was sell EVs, get no emission credits, and no investment $$ on EVs (money that was invested, not earned)... Tesla would be bankrupt.

I hope you don't think that moment won't arrive. Every major car manufacturer has announced that as its goal. This makes you look like denial is just a way of life for you.
No car manufacturer will produce more EVs than the market will bear.

That's not denial that's a fact.

right now the global market share of EVs is about 2%.

Yes it will go up but there's no way in hell every single car manufacturer in the US never mind the world is going to stop making ICEs until the market for them is way more robust than 2% of global demand

YOu missed it.
If all Tesla did was sell EVs, get no emission credits, and no investment $$ on EVs (money that was invested, not earned)... Tesla would be bankrupt.
And?

Old boy, when was the last time you replaced a tube in your big flat screen TV? Or in the radio in your car? Do you remember the price of the first 40" flat screen TV's? You could buy ten 70" flat screen TV's for that price now. The price of batteries is constantly coming down. And I have never seen a $450 car that was worth straightening out the dings in it. There are batteries on the market now that will be good for over a million miles. Yes, in 15 years, there will be cheap used EV's on the market.

No car manufacturer will produce more EVs than the market will bear.

That's not denial that's a fact.

right now the global market share of EVs is about 2%.

Yes it will go up but there's no way in hell every single car manufacturer in the US never mind the world is going to stop making ICEs until the market for them is way more robust than 2% of global demand
It is called an exponential curve. Learn what it means, and get back to us on EV's.

YOu missed it.
Soon, Tesla's energy business will outpace it's vehicle business. However, Tesla is constantly improving it's profit margin per vehicle with things like the giga-press.

Forum List

Back