Yahoo News/YouGov coronavirus poll: MOST AMERICANS REJECT ANTI-LOCKDOWN PROTESTS!

"Yahoo News/YouGov coronavirus poll: Most Americans reject anti-lockdown protests

An overwhelming majority of Americans, Republicans included, are rejecting right-wing protests — encouraged by President Trump — to immediately “reopen” the country in the midst of the world’s largest and deadliest coronavirus outbreak, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

The survey, conducted April 17 to April 19, found that a full 60 percent of the public opposes the largely pro-Trump protesters whose calls for governors to “liberate” their states by lifting lockdown measures have attracted intense media attention in recent days — and whose message the president amplified Friday in a series of all-caps “LIBERATE” tweets about three swing states: Minnesota, Michigan and Virginia.

Only 22 percent of Americans say they support the protesters. Despite Trump’s messaging, even Republicans oppose the protests 47 percent to 36 percent. Asked whether they agree or disagree with Trump’s “LIBERATE” tweets, only a quarter of Americans say they agree.

The margins aren’t close. Seventy-one percent of Americans — and 56 percent of Republicans — say they are more concerned about lifting the coronavirus restrictions too quickly than lifting them too slowly. Only 29 percent of Americans say the opposite. The same number (71 percent) say they want public health officials “to be fully able to test and trace new cases and outbreaks” before reopening; only 29 percent say they want the country to reopen “as soon as possible to prevent further economic damage.” And more than twice as many Americans say the U.S. is not conducting enough coronavirus testing to track future outbreaks of the virus (52 percent) than say it is (22 percent).

Overall, 65 percent of Americans say that Trump could have reduced the damage done by the coronavirus — either “a lot” (41 percent) or “somewhat” (24 percent) — if he had acted sooner."

Percentage of Americans AGAINST anti-Lockdown Protest: 60%

Percentage of Americans SUPPORTING anti-Lockdown Protest: 22%

Who really cares ?

Nobody is really locking down anyway.

I've seen more block parties and neighborly visits and stores full of people to think people are really giving a shit about you and your paranoia.

Really, what state?
You cannot tell by his user name? Damn foreigner!

Arizona. I'm sure there are some idiots there. Unfortunately for Trump, not enough to prevent it going BLUE this November.

"Yahoo News/YouGov coronavirus poll: Most Americans reject anti-lockdown protests

An overwhelming majority of Americans, Republicans included, are rejecting right-wing protests — encouraged by President Trump — to immediately “reopen” the country in the midst of the world’s largest and deadliest coronavirus outbreak, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

The survey, conducted April 17 to April 19, found that a full 60 percent of the public opposes the largely pro-Trump protesters whose calls for governors to “liberate” their states by lifting lockdown measures have attracted intense media attention in recent days — and whose message the president amplified Friday in a series of all-caps “LIBERATE” tweets about three swing states: Minnesota, Michigan and Virginia.

Only 22 percent of Americans say they support the protesters. Despite Trump’s messaging, even Republicans oppose the protests 47 percent to 36 percent. Asked whether they agree or disagree with Trump’s “LIBERATE” tweets, only a quarter of Americans say they agree.

The margins aren’t close. Seventy-one percent of Americans — and 56 percent of Republicans — say they are more concerned about lifting the coronavirus restrictions too quickly than lifting them too slowly. Only 29 percent of Americans say the opposite. The same number (71 percent) say they want public health officials “to be fully able to test and trace new cases and outbreaks” before reopening; only 29 percent say they want the country to reopen “as soon as possible to prevent further economic damage.” And more than twice as many Americans say the U.S. is not conducting enough coronavirus testing to track future outbreaks of the virus (52 percent) than say it is (22 percent).

Overall, 65 percent of Americans say that Trump could have reduced the damage done by the coronavirus — either “a lot” (41 percent) or “somewhat” (24 percent) — if he had acted sooner."

Who really cares ?

I've seen more block parties and neighborly visits and stores full of people to think people are really giving a shit about you and your paranoia.

Really, what state?

Arizona. I'm sure there are some idiots there. Unfortunately for Trump, not enough to prevent it going BLUE this November.
Your non partisan colors are showing. LoL.

Dems just don't understand what America is all about.

It's my right to go out in public and congregate. You can't stop me just because there's a pandemic.

Do they even read the Constitution?

You don't have the freedom to infect and kill innocent people. No Sir!
12 out of 100k die. Relax, snowflake.

Right now in the United States, 5% of people that are infected die from coronavirus. That's 50 times worse than the death rate from seasonal flu. Plus, even if you don't die, you can act as a vector for the disease to spread and kill other people.

You are either on the side of the pathogen or on the side of the United States. Looks like Trumpers are on the side of the pathogen. That makes them traitors and enemies of the United States.

Who really cares ?

Really, what state?

Every Republican with any rational sense is rooting for the whole country to turn blue this November.

It's my right to go out in public and congregate. You can't stop me just because there's a pandemic.

Right now in the United States, 5% of people that are infected die from coronavirus. That's 50 times worse than the death rate from seasonal flu. Plus, even if you don't die, you can act as a vector for the disease to spread and kill other people.

You are either on the side of the pathogen or on the side of the United States. Looks like Trumpers are on the side of the pathogen. That makes them traitors and enemies of the United States.
Nope. 5% of those who were tested and were infected. Right now 12 out of 100k die. I had the virus and so did my wife and kids. I was the only one tested. Stats are flawed. 12 out of 100k die. That’s nothing. Sad but nothing. Why do you lie so much? If it were 5%, deaths would be 7mil. Show one model that predicts 7 mil of deaths. You’re such a foreign liar and you’re not Edge. Stop muddying his name.

Last edited:

Who really cares ?

Really, what state?

Every Republican with any rational sense is rooting for the whole country to turn blue this November.
Another Fascist post. Your true colors are showing. Link that it is “every” Republican

You do not have the freedom to determine who has the freedom to go about their life.

Oh yes we do, that's why we have laws. Those that think as you do are jailed or killed because they threatened the freedom and well being of other people.
Mental illness on parade is tough to watch
You would in fact advocate the shooting of a person who is not wearing a mask. No One Owes you your good health except you. Lock yourself away but don’t talk about killing people who won’t you sick fuck.

You want to give a shot at explaining that photograph? Are you going to tell us what really happened or are you going to give us the media spin?

Two people, possibly health care workers held a counter protest and were told to go back to China by some ignorant trolls who don't give two shits about the safety of fellow Americans.

Yeah, that's what I knew you would see. So predictable, like one of Pavlov's dogs.

Yahoo is still a thing?

Funny.
Yesterday the big box stores were packed far beyond a normal Sunday. Hoards of folks out shopping and voting with their feet with little concern as the majority were not wearing masks. No organized protest, just folks done with sitting at home. This is MN and in no way were all these shoppers conservatives.

Yahoo is still a thing?

Funny.
Yesterday the big box stores were packed far beyond a normal Sunday. Hoards of folks out shopping and voting with their feet with little concern as the majority were not wearing masks. No organized protest, just folks done with sitting at home. This is MN and in no way were all these shoppers conservatives.

Here on the liberal infested west coast the people are already ignoring this economic shutdown. The Home Depot parking lot was packed Saturday. Traffic has picked up a lot. I think people are quickly growing tired of the fake news panic shut down.

Who really cares ?

Really, what state?

Yeah...that's happening.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Yahoo is still a thing?

Funny.

Here on the liberal infested west coast the people are already ignoring this economic shutdown. The Home Depot parking lot was packed Saturday. Traffic has picked up a lot. I think people are quickly growing tired of the fake news panic shut down.

I hear it from friends all over the country.

As I've posted....the Mesa, AZ area is hardly staying home.

Nope. 5% of those who were tested and were infected. Right now 12 out of 100k die. I had the virus and so did my wife and kids. I was the only one tested. Stats are flawed. 12 out of 100k die. That’s nothing. Sad but nothing. Why do you lie so much? If it were 5%, deaths would be 7mil. Show one model that predicts 7 mil of deaths. You’re such a foreign liar and you’re not Edge. Stop muddying his name.

The United States has been in lockdown since the middle of March, so that has slowed the virus's spread. It does not change the fact that 5% of the nearly 800,000 Americans who have been infected have died. Plus that is not counting the several thousand who have died from covid-19 but never received a test before they passed. They don't test dead people.

Without the lockdown and mitigation efforts that have been ongoing for over a month now, 2.4 million Americans would be dead by August 1, 2020. That's more Americans dead from every war the United States has fought in for the past 250 years in just FIVE MONTHS!

This is deadly serioius, which is why the country has had to shut down as much as possible to slow and prevent the spread.

The reason 42,000+ people dead is way to high, is because TAIWAN only has 6 dead from this pathogen. What TAIWAN did in January, EVERY FIRST WORLD COUNTRY had the capability of doing. That means the United States has 42,000 people dead that did not have to be. 42,000 dead because of TERRIBLE POLICY AND ACTION by DONALD TRUMP!

The United States could have been like TAIWAN, but instead we have the 12 highest infection rate per capita and the 12th highest death rate per capita from this pathogen.

This is an outrage and a disaster. The only people who thing otherwise are the ingorant, and those without a conscience.

You do not have the freedom to determine who has the freedom to go about their life.

Oh yes we do, that's why we have laws. Those that think as you do are jailed or killed because they threatened the freedom and well being of other people.
Mental illness on parade is tough to watch
You would in fact advocate the shooting of a person who is not wearing a mask. No One Owes you your good health except you. Lock yourself away but don’t talk about killing people who won’t you sick fuck.

If you break laws and or threaten the safety and security of the American people, you will be arrested or shot if it becomes necessary. The United States Military and United States Police Force has being doing that for 250 years to defend the United States.

I got 250 years of U.S. history to back me up on this.

Who really cares ?

Really, what state?

Yeah, I live in Arizona, those protests don't mean shit.

This state's wingnut contingent is being watered down by the day. McSally is running behind in every poll and Trump is running even with Biden.

Another poll by the media...that coincidently says exactly what the media has been saying. How gullible are you?

Forum List

Back