Ya' Got A Minute???

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to celebrate this birthday.....

Frédéric Chopin
, French in full Frédéric François Chopin, Polish Fryderyk Franciszek Szopen, (born March 1, 1810, Żelazowa Wola, near Warsaw, Duchy of Warsaw [now in Poland] [see Researcher’s Note: Chopin’s birth date]—died October 17, 1849, Paris, France), Polish French composer and pianist of the Romantic period, best known for his solo pieces for piano and his piano concerti. Although he wrote little but piano works, many of them brief, Chopin ranks as one of music’s greatest tone poets by reason of his superfine imagination and fastidious craftsmanship.

....with a Minute Waltz...

Frédéric Chopin
, French in full Frédéric François Chopin, Polish Fryderyk Franciszek Szopen, (born March 1, 1810, Żelazowa Wola, near Warsaw, Duchy of Warsaw [now in Poland] [see Researcher’s Note: Chopin’s birth date]—died October 17, 1849, Paris, France), Polish French composer and pianist of the Romantic period, best known for his solo pieces for piano and his piano concerti. Although he wrote little but piano works, many of them brief, Chopin ranks as one of music’s greatest tone poets by reason of his superfine imagination and fastidious craftsmanship.

Chopin, kind of old and stodgy, stiff and behind the times now, much like the Constitution. I was always more of a Mussorgsky fan myself, a living artist (in his music), up to date, hip, kinda with it, Dude! And Russian to boot, much like our president!

I bet Chopin never played his piano in the air upside down!

Wow.. PC actually posted in a forum that is not Political.

Johannes Brahms. Is the answer to all your wet dreams.

Frédéric Chopin

One wouldn't expect a redneck to appreciate the beauty of the old world composers, but I do.

Frédéric Chopin

Chopin, kind of old and stodgy, stiff and behind the times now, much like the Constitution. I was always more of a Mussorgsky fan myself, a living artist (in his music), up to date, hip, kinda with it, Dude! And Russian to boot, much like our president!

I bet Chopin never played his piano in the air upside down!

I always loved the story behind 'Exhibition.'

Frédéric Chopin

One wouldn't expect a redneck to appreciate the beauty of the old world composers, but I do.

Who is the 'redneck'?

Frédéric Chopin

Who is the 'redneck'?

Me! :)

I don't want to leave out our Democrat pals, who work tirelessly to bring millions of unvetted Muslim refugees, steepted in war and murder, into our nation.....

...so, a birthday the party of 'submission' may wish to celebrate:

Khalid-Sheikh-Mohammed.jpg

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
MILITANT

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, (born March 1, 1964, or April 14, 1965, Kuwait), Islamist militant who, as an operational planner for al-Qaeda, masterminded some of that organization’s highest-profile terrorist operations, most notably the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in 2001.

Prior to his birth, Mohammed’s parents immigrated to Kuwait from Pakistan’s Balochistan province. Mohammed was raised in Kuwait, attending public high school there, and he became a member of the Muslim Brotherhood as a teenager. In 1983 he moved to the United States to attend Chowan College (now Chowan University) in Murfreesboro, North Carolina. He transferred to North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, and he earned a degree in mechanical engineering in 1986. After graduating, Mohammed traveled to Afghanistan, where he is believed to have received terrorist training during the Soviet occupation of that country.
Britannica.com

Frédéric Chopin

Frédéric Chopin

I used to give a number of recitals.....I don't recall every playing Chopin....

I should have.

And March 1st is significant in American history: in an earlier thread, a poster pointed out that George Washington was not our 'first' President.

Here's his argument:

March 1, 1781 The new United States was actually formed with the

adoption of the Articles of Confederation. Although the

document was agreed upon by Congress on Nov. 15, 1777,

but was not signed until Maryland agreed to it on this date.

Upon the signing, John Hanson (the first man to serve a full term in this position) is considered to be the first President, from 11/5/1781 to 11/3/1782

A popular urban legend or bar bet suggests that Hanson was the "first President" of the United States.

The origin of the claim that Hanson is the "forgotten" first President stems from a 1932 book by Seymour Wemyss Smith titled John Hanson - Our First President. Nevertheless, officially Hanson was the third presiding officer of the Congress of the United States, and he considered himself a successor to the first two men to hold the office, Samuel Huntington and Thomas McKean, who themselves were successors to prior Presidents of the Second Continental Congress. Nor was the office an executive position like the office of President that was created under the Constitution.

Hanson was, however, the first to serve a full one-year term, and the first to formally use the title President of the United States in Congress Assembled. http://cojoweb.com/ref-presidents day.html

The following men served as President of the United States in Congress Assembled:

· Samuel Huntington (March 1, 17812July 9, 1781)

· Thomas McKean (July 10, 1781November 4, 1781)3

· John Hanson (November 5, 1781November 3, 1782)

· Elias Boudinot (November 4, 1782November 2, 1783)

· Thomas Mifflin (November 3, 1783October 31, 1784)

· Richard Henry Lee (November 30, 1784November 6, 1785)

· John Hancock (November 23, 1785May 29, 1786)

· Nathaniel Gorham (June 6, 1786November 5, 1786)

· Arthur St. Clair (February 2, 1787November 4, 1787)

· Cyrus Griffin (January 22, 1788November 2, 1788

¯The first president of the First Continental Congress was Payton Randolph, September 5, 1774

Frédéric Chopin

I used to give a number of recitals.....I don't recall every playing Chopin....

I should have.

Chopsticks/Chopin. What’s the difference?

Frédéric Chopin

Excellent Flick.

Frédéric Chopin

Excellent Flick.

I got the hots for Val Kilmer in that movie.

Frédéric Chopin

Excellent Flick.

It’s the best flick ever.

Frédéric Chopin

Excellent Flick.

I got the hots for Val Kilmer in that movie.

LOL! Who didn't, d?

Forum List

Back