X is worth 71% less now than when Musk bought it.

so he bought it to lose money? Did he need the tax write off?

He didn't hide why he bought it. He thought it was important for it to be platform for "free speech" where people aren't banned or censored depending on their political or ideological views. I thought you'd be all for that since you're such a libertarian.... If Twitter went under tmw and Musk lost every dime he's put into it and then decided take out an equal amount of money and burn it, and then decided to take another equal amount and throw it out the window of one of his rocket ships he'd still have more money than he and 3-4 generations of his family could ever spend. I dont think the money he spent on it is all the important to him.

He thought it was important for it to be platform for "free speech" where people aren't banned or censored depending on their political or ideological views.

Yet he made membership required to even read a Tweet or whatever they are calling it now. Does that sound like a platform for free speech.

But the reach of that speech is certainly amplified through Twitter and platforms like it. How is Twitter not censoring speech worse than it doing so?

Then why limit who can read what is posted on it?

Yet he made membership required to even read a Tweet or whatever they are calling it now. Does that sound like a platform for free speech.
You asked why he bought it. The execution of that vision is a different story. And I don’t think you need to pay to read a tweet. Got a link to that?

Link? I don’t use Twitter so maybe you’re right but I though what changed was the blue check mark system not who could post/read.

You asked why he bought it. The execution of that vision is a different story. And I don’t think you need to pay to read a tweet. Got a link to that?

Link? I don’t use Twitter so maybe you’re right but I though what changed was the blue check mark system not who could post/read.

Twitter will now require users to have an account on the social media platform to view tweets, a move that owner Elon Musk on Friday called a "temporary emergency measure".

Users who try to view content on the platform will be asked to sign up for an account or log into an exiting account to see their favorite tweets.

"We were getting data pillaged so much that it was degrading service for normal users!" Musk said in a tweet.

It has not gone away.

Nope. You dont

Do I have to pay to use Twitter?​

It is free for anyone to set up a Twitter account and to use all of Twitter’s organic features, such as Tweeting. If you’d like to run more targeted campaigns, there are lots of paid campaign options to help you do this

Twitter will now require users to have an account on the social media platform to view tweets, a move that owner Elon Musk on Friday called a "temporary emergency measure".

Users who try to view content on the platform will be asked to sign up for an account or log into an exiting account to see their favorite tweets.

"We were getting data pillaged so much that it was degrading service for normal users!" Musk said in a tweet.

It has not gone away.
Yeah you have to have an account which is free. Kinda like you have to have an account to use Gmail or Facebook etc.

Nope. You dont

Do I have to pay to use Twitter?​

It is free for anyone to set up a Twitter account and to use all of Twitter’s organic features, such as Tweeting. If you’d like to run more targeted campaigns, there are lots of paid campaign options to help you do this

So, you proved me correct. Thanks.

Kinda like you have to have an account to use Gmail or Facebook etc.

And yet you are not holding them up as the paragon of free speech.

So, you proved me correct. Thanks.
? Could you post to Twitter without an account prior to Musk taking it over? So the only thing that's changed is you have to have a FREE account to view posts. How is that objectively worse than before he took over with regards to "free speech"?
And yet you are not holding them up as the paragon of free speech.

? Again you asked why he bought it. Now you want to hold me accountable because you don't agree with the execution of that vision? I don't own Twitter, nor does Elon call me on how its run. I don't even use Twitter. In your opinion is Twitter "freer" with regards to speech now or prior to when Mush bought it?

? Could you post to Twitter without an account prior to Musk taking it over? So the only thing that's changed is you have to have a FREE account to view posts. How is that objectively worse than before he took over with regards to "free speech"?

? Again you asked why he bought it. Now you want to hold me accountable because you don't agree with the execution of that vision? I don't own Twitter, nor does Elon call me on how its run. I don't even use Twitter. In your opinion is Twitter "freer" with regards to speech now or prior to when Mush bought it?

I am not holding you accountable, I just do not buy your BS about Musk and why he bought Twitter

Musk/Twitter/X still bans people, so is it really free?

I am not holding you accountable, I just do not buy your BS about Musk and why he bought Twitter

So you think he's lying about it? Why would he do that? That wasnt my opinion it was the reason HE said he bought it.

Again you're trying to hold me accountable for that they are doing. I'm not defending Twitter or Musk.

Did you think Twitter is "freer" from a free speech perspective before or after Musk took it over? Were more people able to express a wider spectrum of opinions before or after?

So you think he's lying about it? Why would he do that? That wasnt my opinion it was the reason HE said he bought it.

because he wants attention, he is an attention whore, even more than most billionaires

Did you think Twitter is "freer" from a free speech perspective before or after Musk took it over? Were more people able to express a wider spectrum of opinions before or after?

No idea, I left Twitter after the banned Trump

I have no reason to believe he is not.
By that logic I have no reason to believe you’re not lying about everything you’ve ever said. That’s a fucked way of going through life.
Unless he’s given you some reason to believe he’s lying I can imagine why your going in stance would be that he is. Unless you have a bias going in. By all accounts more people are able express a greater spectrum of opinions and ideologies now than before. Regardless of what those opinions or ideologies are that’s to the good. Right Libertarian?
whatever you need to tell yourself is good by me

Forum List

Back