Wussified British 'straight' men cuddle with each other

That article seems weird to me because it seems to imply that cuddling is something which would be natural for women to do with each other.

“Homophobia hasn't disappeared, but straight men today are not expected to be homophobic like they were in the 1980s and 1990s," he said. "This enables them to be [engaged] in softer gendered behaviors -- they can cuddle and hug, wear fashionable clothes, care about looking good, and openly declare love for their friends.”

Cuddling is "gendered"? Do a majority of women cuddle with other women?

Hugging ... sure. Declaring love ... sure. Caring a lot about clothes and looks ... sure. But cuddling? That's not normal where I live.

That article seems weird to me because it seems to imply that cuddling is something which would be natural for women to do with each other.

“Homophobia hasn't disappeared, but straight men today are not expected to be homophobic like they were in the 1980s and 1990s," he said. "This enables them to be [engaged] in softer gendered behaviors -- they can cuddle and hug, wear fashionable clothes, care about looking good, and openly declare love for their friends.”

Hugging ... sure. Declaring love ... sure. Caring a lot about clothes and looks ... sure. But cuddling? That's not normal where I live.

Maybe the Brits have a different definition of "cuddling"? :lol:

Maybe so!

But they did refer to spooning, so it sounds like they probably mean what I mean.

... I think I saw girls cuddling on Anne of Green Gables ... and it seemed odd there too.

Brits are fags... We knew this for quite a long time. Spooning with another dude and calling yourself straight? Nah, that's 100% faggotry.

Maybe so!

But they did refer to spooning, so it sounds like they probably mean what I mean.

... I think I saw girls cuddling on Anne of Green Gables ... and it seemed odd there too.

Indoctrination?

That they are secure enough in their own manhood that they are not afraid to make contact with other men is not indoctrination.

I fail to see why this should bother you. If you don't want to do it then don't. But what the hell is such a big issue?

That's the usual answer "secure in their own manhood" but I've got to tell you, I've been around Brits quite a bunch, and outside of their men in military, today's male Brits, are not exactly "manly" in any fashion. They are pretty much metrosexual-in-touch-with-their- feelings, pussies.
Just sayin'.

If two guys survived a plane crash in the middle of winter in Alaska and the temperature is -40 degrees. They sent out a mayday call on the radio and the rescue team said it would take several hours for them to reach the crash site.

In this emergency situation it's OK for two men to cuddle to keep from freezing to death.

Otherwise, for two guys to cuddle means they are faggots. ..... :cool:

Amelia....If you did spoon with another chick....I think it might look something like this.

spooning_by_jennaknots.jpg

The English have a history of being effeminate. Yankee Doodle Dandy.

The English have a history of being effeminate. Yankee Doodle Dandy.

That and winning wars which you wouldn't think go hand in hand.

I think this thread in general gives a unique insight in to the mind of Steve. Not even secure enough to give a man a hug without dirty thoughts running through his head.

Here is the white paper:

Cuddling and Spooning

Sleeping in each other's bed was the result of being forced to due to dorms and or school trips which had them sharing beds in hotel rooms.

The guys described "cuddling" as anything from helping one another through hangovers, by holding their heads as they were sick and or rubbing another head /shoulders because of an excessive headache due to too much partying. If a teammate was injured the same applied trying to help him if he nneeded help, be it applying ice, etc. Cuddling could also be a quick one armed hug or hug in greeting. Most guys said the cuddling was quick and just a friendly gesture.

The article in the op and the conclusion drawn on interviewing 40 guys from the same sports team in the same class is silly. These guys have a mutual camaraderie, which I believe exists in many close knit teams, soldiers etc... I honestly don't think it's anything new.

Forum List

Back