Wuhan Death Rate in US Cut Nearly in Half

10 times nearly zero is still nearly zero. But if you focus on the numerator without considering the denominator then you can make insulting allegations.
Go get a 5th grade math book.
Haven't done the math in last 3 days, but doesn't take a mathematician to know that more people tested will raise the denominator enough to outpace the numerator, but nobody but you thinks it is going to get down to the morbidity of the 4 or so more common Flu viruses (combined) that we are and have been mass vaccinating against for years. Stay safe in you home school math class, wash your hands, follow the advice of the president (when he is on script, not talking off the cuff), avoid crowds and don't eat the chalk for you blackboard. It ain't a peppermint stick.
Again, the flu is not nearly as selective so the comparison is moot.
Time to stop throwing the baby out with the bath water.
If you are saying that Covid-19 is much more infectious than any of the standard flu viruses we deal with on a yearly bases, you are correct. Throw baby out with bath water? Well, infectious rate for babies and children is in fact very low, but I would simply make sure to wash their little hands regularly and keep them away from other groups of children, run the bathwater down the drain and clean the tub or sink using a disinfectant spray. The threat is not moot yet and not expected to be anytime soon. Bye the way, Medium.com seems to have shut down the link you supplied, supporting (poorly) that other thread you started to downplay the Covid-19 world pandemic, and have put the post you sight under investigation for breaking Medium.com's standards. Which is really a shock, coming from medium. You will simply have to improve your sources.

What Im saying the for the percentage of people affected by the virus in the overall population, the government has grossly over reacted and the media is in a fear factor feeding frenzy.
The Government and the media actions are far worse than the virus and will change America forever.
Get the latest info here
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
The number of cases in my state is doubling or more every two or three days, going from zero cases 2 1/2 weeks ago to 371 today and our first death occurred today. I am over 65, so nowhere near the apparent target age group (21-30 yr olds are 122 of the 371) in the state, but it sounds serious to me. My Republic Governor, Bill Lee started taking taking conservative appropriate action the day it showed up, Since then has declared an emergency and issued sound instructions to minimize danger and slow the threat as much as possible, but not to downplay or minimize the threat to the people of the state. We're kind of conservative down here. We want to conserve Tennesseans.

No problem, just remember latest numbers
Wuhan Virus Confirmed cases in the United States = 26,747
Death from Wuhan Virus = 340 or 1.271%
(340 / 26747) * 100
1.271% or a 98.72 Survival rate
Note most of those that died suffered from underlying medical conditions
Total US Population Affected by the Virus = 0.00596061548%
Leaving the rest US Population like Ivory Soap 99 and 44/100% pure

February 28 said it was more than 20 times worse than flu.
Not anymore. I’m convinced that rate will continue to diminish as more are tested.
Flu kills roughly .1%.
As of yesterday, March 20, Wuhan is down to 1.3% in US. Not being reported that way. It sucks that I have to do my own investigation and reporting.
19,700 cases, 273 deaths. Do the math. The media won’t (can’t).
Also consider that the death rate is still almost exclusive to people with compromised conditions, be it age and/or wellness. Flu is not as discriminatory.

Mortality rate
A recent study estimated that the mortality rate from COVID-19 is 2.3 percent, more than 20 times the death rate from the flu.
Then...
Why it’s too early to compare COVID-19 with the flu

Now...
The US has reported 273 coronavirus deaths, and more than 19,700 cases across all 50 states. Here's what we know about the US patients.
What totally amazes me is that out of all the 200,000 cases or so NOT ONE SINGLE DEATH of a child under 9 years old! A virus that doesn't kill kids? Has that ever happened?
I don’t know. I don’t think I want to know.
As soon as one does you can expect it to be reported as proof that all children are vulnerable.
Oh there's plenty of reporting already about children at risk. They found one kid who basically has no immune system who got the Chinese virus. He's recovering just fine.
Correctamundo! Take Tennessee for example. Little over a week ago there were less than 23 cases in about 3 counties of the whole state. Now there are 371 reported on the state's website, in 32 counties. Of those 371 cases only 4 cases are involve children under 10 years if age, the lowest of any age group in the state. The real target group appears to be the 122 cases identified in young adults between the ages of 21 and 30, no other age group having even half as many cases. Novel Coronavirus
And what is the death rate?

That's the difference between them and us. Thank God we have a President who takes care of business.

the first real test will be NYC where the Democrat Governor was weeks ahead of TrumpO on crisis management.

10 times nearly zero is still nearly zero. But if you focus on the numerator without considering the denominator then you can make insulting allegations.
Go get a 5th grade math book.
Haven't done the math in last 3 days, but doesn't take a mathematician to know that more people tested will raise the denominator enough to outpace the numerator, but nobody but you thinks it is going to get down to the morbidity of the 4 or so more common Flu viruses (combined) that we are and have been mass vaccinating against for years. Stay safe in you home school math class, wash your hands, follow the advice of the president (when he is on script, not talking off the cuff), avoid crowds and don't eat the chalk for you blackboard. It ain't a peppermint stick.
If you are saying that Covid-19 is much more infectious than any of the standard flu viruses we deal with on a yearly bases, you are correct. Throw baby out with bath water? Well, infectious rate for babies and children is in fact very low, but I would simply make sure to wash their little hands regularly and keep them away from other groups of children, run the bathwater down the drain and clean the tub or sink using a disinfectant spray. The threat is not moot yet and not expected to be anytime soon. Bye the way, Medium.com seems to have shut down the link you supplied, supporting (poorly) that other thread you started to downplay the Covid-19 world pandemic, and have put the post you sight under investigation for breaking Medium.com's standards. Which is really a shock, coming from medium. You will simply have to improve your sources.

What Im saying the for the percentage of people affected by the virus in the overall population, the government has grossly over reacted and the media is in a fear factor feeding frenzy.
The Government and the media actions are far worse than the virus and will change America forever.
Get the latest info here
The number of cases in my state is doubling or more every two or three days, going from zero cases 2 1/2 weeks ago to 371 today and our first death occurred today. I am over 65, so nowhere near the apparent target age group (21-30 yr olds are 122 of the 371) in the state, but it sounds serious to me. My Republic Governor, Bill Lee started taking taking conservative appropriate action the day it showed up, Since then has declared an emergency and issued sound instructions to minimize danger and slow the threat as much as possible, but not to downplay or minimize the threat to the people of the state. We're kind of conservative down here. We want to conserve Tennesseans.

Get the latest info here

No problem, just remember latest numbers
Wuhan Virus Confirmed cases in the United States = 26,747
Death from Wuhan Virus = 340 or 1.271%
(340 / 26747) * 100
1.271% or a 98.72 Survival rate
Note most of those that died suffered from underlying medical conditions
Total US Population Affected by the Virus = 0.00596061548%
Leaving the rest US Population like Ivory Soap 99 and 44/100% pure
Yep. Well aware, keeping 3 different dashboard type websites in my bookmarks. As testing and cases rise, I actually expect the the mobility percentage rate to drop some more because infections are probably going to rise dramatically, but I take it seriously and advise all to take it seriously, exercise precautions as feasible to their situation and take care of you and yours out there.

Not anymore. I’m convinced that rate will continue to diminish as more are tested.
Flu kills roughly .1%.
As of yesterday, March 20, Wuhan is down to 1.3% in US. Not being reported that way. It sucks that I have to do my own investigation and reporting.
Also consider that the death rate is still almost exclusive to people with compromised conditions, be it age and/or wellness. Flu is not as discriminatory.

Then...

Now...
The US has reported 273 coronavirus deaths, and more than 19,700 cases across all 50 states. Here's what we know about the US patients.
What totally amazes me is that out of all the 200,000 cases or so NOT ONE SINGLE DEATH of a child under 9 years old! A virus that doesn't kill kids? Has that ever happened?
I don’t know. I don’t think I want to know.
As soon as one does you can expect it to be reported as proof that all children are vulnerable.
Oh there's plenty of reporting already about children at risk. They found one kid who basically has no immune system who got the Chinese virus. He's recovering just fine.
Correctamundo! Take Tennessee for example. Little over a week ago there were less than 23 cases in about 3 counties of the whole state. Now there are 371 reported on the state's website, in 32 counties. Of those 371 cases only 4 cases are involve children under 10 years if age, the lowest of any age group in the state. The real target group appears to be the 122 cases identified in young adults between the ages of 21 and 30, no other age group having even half as many cases. Novel Coronavirus
Dude! See Post #41. I haven't figured in 3 or 4 days, but his sound about right. Your probably gonna be fine guy, if you don't blow it off like the 20 to 30 year olds.

Get the latest info here
What is the fuck off rate? Bye.

Really? He instituted a travel ban from China before trump?

idiot. H1N1’s first discovered cases were in the US. And how did that travel ban work out?

February 26 TrumpO bragged he had the bug stopped at the border except for fifteen people. And they were all getting better within days.

THE PRESIDENT; Our borders are very controlled. Our flights in from certain areas that we’re talking about are very controlled.​

And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.
Really what did TrumpO’s border closing do except delay his administration getting serious by a few weeks?

That's the difference between them and us. Thank God we have a President who takes care of business.

the first real test will be NYC where the Democrat Governor was weeks ahead of TrumpO on crisis management.
Horse shit.

Trump was on top of this thing before the Chicoms even gave it a name, you fucking liar.

Welcome to my ignore list, Ignoramus

Flu kills roughly .1%.

Mortality rate
A recent study estimated that the mortality rate from COVID-19 is 2.3 percent, more than 20 times the death rate from the flu.
Then...

Now...
I came across a headline earlier and read the brief summary...
It was a 'heads up' released by the criminal WHO director,
something like, young/er people... don't quite remember the wording,
are not as immune/unlikely to be infected as they thought

Basically, expect cases to increase in younger age brackets

I'll go see if I can find the article to link to...

Flu kills roughly .1%.

Mortality rate
Then...

Now...

Just in my state 21 to 30 year old infections outpace any other age group by 3 or 4 : 1. Comparing 10 yr old and younger the 21-30 yr old group becomes 30 : 1.

Flu kills roughly .1%.

Mortality rate
Then...

Now...

Infected is one thing. Sick and dead are another. You can be infected and have no symptoms.

Flu kills roughly .1%.

Mortality rate
Then...

Now...

Just in my state 21 to 30 year old infections outpace any other age group by 3 or 4 : 1. Comparing 10 yr old and younger the 21-30 yr old group becomes 30 : 1.
Infected is one thing. Sick and dead are another.

Flu kills roughly .1%.

Mortality rate
Then...

Now...

Infected is one thing. Sick and dead are another. You can be infected and have no symptoms.
But they spread it around to the people in the danger range more, because they move around more and don't take precautions.

Flu kills roughly .1%.

Mortality rate
Then...

Now...

But they spread it around to the people in the danger range more, because they move around more and don't take precautions.
The danger group needs to take the precautions. It’s not like the non-risk group are blowing pot smoke randomly in public and contaminating the breathing air of others including children and babies with THC. It’s people living their lives as necessary. Those in the risk group must take precautions. Just as they are advised with summer air pollution warnings.

Forum List

Back