WTF is wrong with this board lately?

Can anyone answer with something more than bullshit?

What issues are you having?

I mean from time to time the board does a bad gateway but it is usually fixed in about ten to twenty minutes and if you are on at five in the morning there is a weird moment when the board does a bad gateway for another ten to twenty minutes but again back up and running.

If the board is lagging or moving slow it might because of your browser or settings and nothing to do with the board but if you believe it is a technical issue my advice is to notify Flacaltenn about this issue in PM along with Kat if she is still around to see if they can answer the issue you are experiencing...

Does that make you feel better Dick and I hope I was helpful...
Well when I'm typing a message the editor runs off into the weeds and it hangs up. I have to close tension and reopen to get it busted loose. I'm using an android tablet which has always been problematic. It just did it again and when I reopened there was some bullshit ad sitting there. For the umpty umpth time disable ads when the editor is open.
I always have problems when I try and post with my tablet...ad blocker and keeping it updated will help a lot....

I mean from time to time the board does a bad gateway but it is usually fixed in about ten to twenty minutes and if you are on at five in the morning there is a weird moment when the board does a bad gateway for another ten to twenty minutes but again back up and running.

If the board is lagging or moving slow it might because of your browser or settings and nothing to do with the board but if you believe it is a technical issue my advice is to notify Flacaltenn about this issue in PM along with Kat if she is still around to see if they can answer the issue you are experiencing...

Well when I'm typing a message the editor runs off into the weeds and it hangs up. I have to close tension and reopen to get it busted loose. I'm using an android tablet which has always been problematic. It just did it again and when I reopened there was some bullshit ad sitting there. For the umpty umpth time disable ads when the editor is open.

I haven't seen that problem at all, the server they use is sometimes slow, but that is it for me.

Well typically when I'm typing a message the editor runs off into the weeds somewhere and it hangs up. I have to close the session and reopen to get anywhere. I'm using an android tablet and its never been what I'd call, smooth sailing or great.

I am using Apple IPhone and have had little issues except I sometimes have to hit done so I can see what I wrote but outside that I rarely have issues with the board software.

As I wrote check with Kat or Flacaltenn to see what they say because they know more about how to handle these issues and if Aye is around she is also someone and maybe Coyote...

I always have problems when I try and post with my tablet...ad blocker and keeping it updated will help a lot....

I run the site in Duck Duck Go, so it help a lot with ads and so on...

Well typically when I'm typing a message the editor runs off into the weeds somewhere and it hangs up. I have to close the session and reopen to get anywhere. I'm using an android tablet and its never been what I'd call, smooth sailing or great.
Are you sure its not your browser that is at fault?....
Yeah, I get booted off a lot, but it's off the internet entirely and it has nothing to do with USMB. I've been on a lot lately and haven't gotten any bad gateways.
Do you use Chrome?....
Yes. We resolved my issues in a Computers thread last week, if you want to eyeball it. Now I have to retype a post to the OP I lost because I was booted off..

Last edited:
it's getting hung up and off in the weeds so often now it's getting impossible to use.

You know, performance issues are not uncommon among men your age...

Look Cambodian Spie this thread is clean and nice and not one of this early morning threads about getting the little blue pill from China!!!

Anyhoo, I am out!

I don't know what 'tension' is, but I get hung up, too, sometimes typing a post--it freezes. If I minimize the keyboard and hit the back arrow at the bottom of the screen once, it puts me back in business. It's not just USMB though. It happens on the other message board I go to, as well ( they do both use Xenforo or whatever they call it).

Might be easier than what you're doing now?

it's getting hung up and off in the weeds so often now it's getting impossible to use.
I have noticed one thing that I thought was my fault but I just proved it's not. Several times I have made a post and clicked "post reply" and the post never shows up. I thought I was doing something wrong but I'm not. I have to repeat the post for it to show up. I don't care if you address it or not, just saying.

That's what happened when Willhaftawaite left. He was the only one who knew where all the duct tape and WD40 went!
Well, to be fair, WD40 has changed their ingredients , so there's that.
The retirement communities down in Florida caused a shortage of it also, and it's way worse than the leftist buying up all the toilet paper.

I have noticed one thing that I thought was my fault but I just proved it's not. Several times I have made a post and clicked "post reply" and the post never shows up. I thought I was doing something wrong but I'm not. I have to repeat the post for it to show up. I don't care if you address it or not, just saying.
Me too.

Forum List

Back