WTF is wrong w/ USMB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
☭proletarian☭;2191608 said:
You idiots can't infer from the screenshot that I'm referring to the homepage not displaying properly?

Damn, you people are stupid.

it is probably because of your flash and possibly javacript and other blocking scripts. many of those scripts just strip out of the javascript and other code, leaving the resulting layout to be completely borked. have you recently updated any of your advertising/flash/javascript blockers/filters and after updating the boards broke? if so that is the culprit.

☭proletarian☭;2191760 said:
Looks like you need to get AdBlock.

By the way the "f" symbol you're seeing is a shockwave flash advert trying to display.
I don't worry about ads, unless they're popups.

The box you see is the result of Flashblock
Why would you want to block SWF, but aren't worried about ads?

I don't worry about ads ever, because none ever load on my browser, ever, anywhere. Flash or not.

flash is really annoying on page load where youd on't expect it. wastes bandwith and often time produces noise

☭proletarian☭;2191760 said:
I don't worry about ads, unless they're popups.

The box you see is the result of Flashblock

I don't worry about ads ever, because none ever load on my browser, ever, anywhere. Flash or not.

flash is really annoying on page load where youd on't expect it. wastes bandwith and often time produces noise
I guess you don't understand.

AdBlock blocks ALL display adverts and all ad scripts, whether they are SWF or not. Therefore you really don't NEED FlashBlock or NoScript.

If you look at the screengrab I posted, you will see what I mean. Compare mine to the OPs and see which one you would rather have.

I guess you don't understand.

AdBlock blocks ALL display adverts and all ad scripts, whether they are SWF or not. Therefore you really don't NEED FlashBlock or NoScript.

If you look at the screengrab I posted, you will see what I mean. Compare mine to the OPs and see which one you would rather have.

but not all swfs that produce noise are ads or considered ads. many sites just play music and other nonsense on page load which drives me and many other people crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back