WTF? Is this Texas bill hooey?

I agree with the writer..I can see shooting someone threatening the students..but the PROPERTY??? Dumb.

ftp://ftp.legis.state.tx.us/bills/84R/billtext/html/house_bills/HB00800_HB00899/HB00868I.htm

snip,
"Sec.38A.003.EDUCATOR'S DEFENSE OF SCHOOL PROPERTY. (a)
An educator is justified in using force or deadly force on school
property, on a school bus, or at a school-sponsored event in defense
of property of the school that employs the educator if, under the
circumstances as the educator reasonably believes them to be, the
educator would be justified under Section 9.43, Penal Code, in
using force or deadly force, as applicable, in defense of property
of the school that employs the educator."
I wonder what Section 9.43. Penal Code says?

Another good reason to send the kids to school with a gun in their backpacks?

Let them shoot it out on the playground.

Yup, extremist. If it passess, Abbot will veto it. If it overrides the veto, the courts will throw out and may consider empowering the Travis County attorney for charging legislators with the attempted disruption of the good order of Texas.

The idiot "Kos" translation of the bill notwithstanding, the bill would allow teachers to be immune from law suits if they use deadly physical force to protect themselves or other teachers or students. Nobody ever suggested that the Constitution be changed to allow deadly physical force to be used to protect property. Be careful of basing your legal education on stupid blogs.

There is nothing wrong with shooting someone trying to damage or steal your property. If vandals and theives don't want to get shot, don't do the crime.

Hell, in Texas you can shoot someone for just tresspassing, since it is assumed such a person is up to no good. It goes the same for people with businesses, so it's not much of a stretch to extend that to school teachers and their place of work.

New Topics

Forum List

Back