WSJ poll on values shows serious decline.

It’s interesting to me. Thirty plus years ago I heard the comedian Jerry Clower. He talked about something that is relevant. He said that when people talk about what is wrong in the Country, or the world. The person talking is the one who doesn’t need to do anything different to make the country better. Everyone needs to be more like him. That fellow is always perfect to his thinking.

Interesting observation. As true today as when he said it. Many years before I first heard it.
Were you hoping to make a point? Hoping to refute my post?

You need to remember history better.
Covid didn’t appear until December. So blaming the falling numbers on Covid, or Biden, long before they showed up is a deflection.
The question in the poll I posted the results of was do you think Patriotism is important? The people who answered yes are similar,in fact identical to your poll.
It wasn’t a how important on a scale. It was yes, or no.
You accuse me of following talking points while busily rewriting history to deflect from the truth. A truth you know in your heart but won’t admit.

Using your Gallop site.
Economy is a third of the replies for those saying most important issues.
Now don’t you think that people who were answering this would put money as more important if they wondered what was important? That number went up.
Stop pretending that the Republicans hold the high ground on Patriotism. Most of the troops supported Biden in the election. Not Trump.
And it would be hard to argue that those who risk their lives in the Military are not Patriotic.
1. Look again at the Gallop chart. 2019 was the peak of patriotism. 2020 is when it started falling. Here is the chart of Covid. Patriotism went up during Trump but is still falling under Biden. Why is that?
iu
The Corona virus really started in March and exploded from there.

2. 98% of Republicans said patriotism is important. Only 2% said no. Republicans do hold the high ground on patriotism, and always will. Do you consider the founding fathers patriots or slave owners?

3. After Biden's disaster in AFG we all know how the active military will vote in 2024. I'm not sure how they voted in 2020, but veterans voted for Trump

america is about capitalism. In capitalism the goal is to make as much money as possible. There's nothing at all wrong about getting married in ones late 30s even early forties when one is financially way ahead. Who loses in this scenario? Nobody. Church's need to do something to attract more people. That's an easy one. And there's more than enough kids being born. I

The Wall Street Journal has conducted a poll and the results are enlightening. At least to some of us.

The percent of people who think the “Traditional Values” are important has dropped. Dramatically.

A majority thought Patriotism was important during the Clinton Era. There was a drop to the opinions during 2019. And now? 38% of the people think it is important.

And before you say it is those folks that make the numbers bad. I think it is more about who is wrapping themselves in the term. Who is the proverbial standard bearer. After all. Only 59% of Republicans think Patriotism is very important.

I especially think it shows doom for the Trump and even DeSantos Presidential Aspirations. The America First for Patriots message just isn’t resonating anymore.

And before you say this is proof the Left hates America. I think it is a rejection of the idealism of those claiming to be Patriotic. I think the term has been redefined in the minds of the people today to represent things abhorrent to the traditional Americans. I think this shows the nation really wants a slightly right of center Moderate to lead us into the future.

The term "Patriotism" has been hijacked by the further right. Either you believe the crap they spew or they'll label you a traitor.

Forum List

Back