Wrestling Legend Paul Orndorff Jr., Known as 'Mr. Wonderful,' Dead at 71

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Ah the memories.

RIP

Paul Orndorff Jr., better known as WWE Hall of Famer "Mr. Wonderful," has died. He was 71.

Orndorff's son, Travis Orndorff, announced the news of his father's death on Instagram Monday.

"It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my father, Paul Parlette Orndorff Jr. . He is better known as 'Mr. #1derful' Paul Orndorff," Travis captioned an image of himself hugging his dad.

He continued, "Most of you will remember him for his physique. Many will remember his intensity. But if I could only get you to understand and see his heart. He will always be Pop, Paw Paw, and Daddy at home. And as much as many of you hated him as a wrestler, he absolutely loved you for it. He was an amazing father that showed me more love than I ever deserved. I love you Daddy."

Ah the memories.

RIP

Paul Orndorff Jr., better known as WWE Hall of Famer "Mr. Wonderful," has died. He was 71.

Orndorff's son, Travis Orndorff, announced the news of his father's death on Instagram Monday.

"It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my father, Paul Parlette Orndorff Jr. . He is better known as 'Mr. #1derful' Paul Orndorff," Travis captioned an image of himself hugging his dad.

He continued, "Most of you will remember him for his physique. Many will remember his intensity. But if I could only get you to understand and see his heart. He will always be Pop, Paw Paw, and Daddy at home. And as much as many of you hated him as a wrestler, he absolutely loved you for it. He was an amazing father that showed me more love than I ever deserved. I love you Daddy."

71 is rather on the upper end of how old most of these wrestlers live. Many die much younger.

Ah the memories.

RIP

71 is rather on the upper end of how old most of these wrestlers live. Many die much younger.

Yep, it's insane what they put their bodies through. Then the dependence on pharmaceuticals to deal with the pain.

I recall hearing Rowdy Roddy Piper say in an interview as he was financially stressed that he wanted access to his pension early and stated, if I remember "they tell me I have to wait until I'm 65, I mean come on, I'm not going to make it to 65". He was being very serious and he was right. He only made 61.

The Iron Shiek sent a passionate tweet. Seems they were close friends.

Ah the memories.

RIP

Yep, it's insane what they put their bodies through. Then the dependence on pharmaceuticals to deal with the pain.

I recall hearing Rowdy Roddy Piper say in an interview as he was financially stressed that he wanted access to his pension early and stated, if I remember "they tell me I have to wait until I'm 65, I mean come on, I'm not going to make it to 65". He was being very serious and he was right. He only made 61.

The Iron Shiek sent a passionate tweet. Seems they were close friends.

Roddy did an hour long documentary once, I have the whole thing saved on video. In it, he takes the host on a tour of his house which his whole family maintained was haunted by ghosts.

Here's a little piece of it.

Forum List

Back