Would you try living on the moon, Mars or elsewhere?

They're free to think that, and they probably do, but God gave man dominion over every other living thing on this earth ...

Totally wrong: God gave all human beings - whether they believe in him or not - the crown for his living creation - the responsibility for all and every life on planet Earth. And what you call "living things" are our animalic sisters and brothers.

Last edited:
Totally wrong: God gave all human beings - whether they believe in him or not - the crown for his living creation - the responsibility for all and every life on planet Earth.
Dominion means dominion. With that comes responsibility. And no, not wrong at all.

... Right now I'm struggling with a decision of whether or not to kill a colony of bees so I can mow my yard in peace. ...

Wild bees are able to disturb your peace? What kind of super-idiot are you? Do you not know how to behave in case of harmless bees?

Wild bees are able to disturb your peace? What kind of super-idiot are you? Do you not know how to behave in case of harmless bees?
Lemme go get a shovel and shove a few hundred into your underwear. Then we'll see what kind of shit you talk.

Dominion means dominion. With that comes responsibility. And no, not wrong at all.

If you think so, anti-Christian. Ever thought about why most Christians prefer to be a servant instead to be a master in the rotten English sense of this word? What about to try to be a servant of your bees if you really like to be a "master of the bees"?

Last edited:
We choose to go to the Moon and Mars, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too. - Or something like that.
No, the US government went to the moon to beat the Russians.

That was all.

CA governor Gavin Newsome wants to speed up his bill to fight climate change. We've been to the moon back and are thinking about sending a manned mission to Mars. Once a planet or moon is found that we may be able to colonize, would you be one of the first colonists to live there if you thought the Earth was going downhill too fast? There may be Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, that is like Earth. Usually, the first colonizers are the most successful.

Unfortunately, the gravity on Mars and the moon are too weak. So it would have to be a suitable planet much further afield. So scientists need to concentrate their efforts on a propulsion system that would allow us to get across space in a reasonable timeframe as we're talking lightyears.

Maybe using the moon or Mars as a base to set off from may be an option, but not really to live on permanently.

If I were still in my 20's, I would. Now, not so much. Sure I would visit if I could, but I doubt I could contribute much constructive these days day in and day out like such a new undertaking would require.

I was just thinking it would be a great place to retire to!

Totally wrong: God gave all human beings - whether they believe in him or not - the crown for his living creation - the responsibility for all and every life on planet Earth. And what you call "living things" are our animalic sisters and brothers.

I met Donovan when I was a whippersnapper. Didn't really know who he was though at the time other than I had heard the name before. He was performing at the Borders book store in Building 5 of the WTC. Weren't a lot of people there that I recall. Maybe 30-40ish at the most.

I met Donovan when I was a whippersnapper. Didn't really know who he was though at the time other than I had heard the name before. He was performing at the Borders book store in Building 5 of the WTC. Weren't a lot of people there that I recall. Maybe 30-40ish at the most.

A great artist.

Unfortunately, the gravity on Mars and the moon are too weak. So it would have to be a suitable planet much further afield. So scientists need to concentrate their efforts on a propulsion system that would allow us to get across space in a reasonable timeframe as we're talking lightyears.

Maybe using the moon or Mars as a base to set off from may be an option, but not really to live on permanently.
We know the moon and Mars do not have a magnetic field, so they are not suitable for permanent colonization. They may be just for temporary satellite locations. The closest planet we have found to colonize could be Europa, but we haven't visited there.

Coolness factor aside, it seems like a lot of money and resources to spend to put a few thousand people on a barren, frozen rock.

It’s kinda like people living in Antarctica, sure it makes sense to build bases for a few dozen scientists to live there to conduct studies. But there’s zero reason to actually colonize Antarctica.

CA governor Gavin Newsome wants to speed up his bill to fight climate change. We've been to the moon back and are thinking about sending a manned mission to Mars. Once a planet or moon is found that we may be able to colonize, would you be one of the first colonists to live there if you thought the Earth was going downhill too fast? There may be Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, that is like Earth. Usually, the first colonizers are the most successful.

No, like living in an empty desert.

Forum List

Back