Would you support supporting supporters of a sports bra?

Many years ago while in between wife (mistake) number one and my best friend and forever lover wife #2. I had just came off an 18 month desk assignment. I was not exactly in top shape, and at the ripe old age of 29 I was sent back to school with a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds who had just graduated basic training. (ie they were in peak physical condition),

As a Staff Sergeant (at the time) I did not march inside the formations but next to them as Student cadre. This included the morning run. I was really not in shape to run "Whitehouse to whippy dip" Those who have been to Ft Gordon understand, this is about a 3 mile run.

The first day I ran with the company I started to fall back. The Drill Sergeants did not want me to look bad in front of 300 Privates; so one of them dropped back to me and said " Go up and take the first platoon, I'm going to call cadence for the company."

Naturally since all of a sudden I have been assigned as basically the acting Platoon Sergeant for the 1st Platoon I caught up to them quickly.

I then realized that the 1st platoon was about 60 females, aged 18 and 19 (mostly) wearing nothing but their PT shorts and regulation bras and tee shirts. Needless to say This good Sergeant did not fall back one step. But completed the run with the 1st platoon.

:drillsergeant::salute:

Many years ago while in between wife (mistake) number one and my best friend and forever lover wife #2. I had just came off an 18 month desk assignment. I was not exactly in top shape, and at the ripe old age of 29 I was sent back to school with a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds who had just graduated basic training. (ie they were in peak physical condition),

As a Staff Sergeant (at the time) I did not march inside the formations but next to them as Student cadre. This included the morning run. I was really not in shape to run "Whitehouse to whippy dip" Those who have been to Ft Gordon understand, this is about a 3 mile run.

The first day I ran with the company I started to fall back. The Drill Sergeants did not want me to look bad in front of 300 Privates; so one of them dropped back to me and said " Go up and take the first platoon, I'm going to call cadence for the company."

Naturally since all of a sudden I have been assigned as basically the acting Platoon Sergeant for the 1st Platoon I caught up to them quickly.

I then realized that the 1st platoon was about 60 females, aged 18 and 19 (mostly) wearing nothing but their PT shorts and regulation bras and tee shirts. Needless to say This good Sergeant did not fall back one step. But completed the run with the 1st platoon.

That DI knew how to motivate.

Were you veering to the left at all?

Forum List

Back