CDZ Would you support enhanced interrogation if:

I've staked no claim to inventing any of those measures. Merely point out some of the alternatives. Some of which, would most certainly be more effective in this situation.

And I’ve pointed out that seasoned interrogators know how effective levels of these are, and can tell how quickly they will work on the individual.

I guess when we pass the point that they will likely work Faun, what? Let the suspect go? After all, until the bomb kills a few million, you got nothing to hold him with, right?
Your method gets nothing from the terrorist and millions die. How can you live with yourself?

Your method gets nothing from the terrorist and millions die. How can you live with yourself knowing there was something else you could have done?
Oh? Which method is that?

Oh? The method that is in the OP.
No, I mean which method did I propose that you can show would have failed?

And I’ve pointed out that seasoned interrogators know how effective levels of these are, and can tell how quickly they will work on the individual.

I guess when we pass the point that they will likely work Faun, what? Let the suspect go? After all, until the bomb kills a few million, you got nothing to hold him with, right?
Your method gets nothing from the terrorist and millions die. How can you live with yourself?

Your method gets nothing from the terrorist and millions die. How can you live with yourself knowing there was something else you could have done?

All up to, and not including torture. I think you knew this, but maybe you are that stupid?

All up to, and not including torture. I think you knew this, but maybe you are that stupid?
LOL

Need I remind you? You’re the one proposing we use s method which a terrorist believes will lead him to heaven where 72 virgins await his arrival — yet still think your method has any hope.

But you think “all” other” methods will fail.

:lol:

LOL

Need I remind you? You’re the one proposing we use s method which a terrorist believes will lead him to heaven where 72 virgins await his arrival — yet still think your method has any hope.

Ever had your skin slowly removed from your body without pain killers?

Want to test how effective it might be? 72 virgins or not?

LOL

You can ignore the elephant in the room all you want, but again, terrorists want to be martyred. That part of their plan. Threatening them with death, ever a painful one, is not growing to garner any useful information. The best chance of that lies in other methods. The ones you think will fail.

Your method leaves 1 terrorist with little skin and millions of dead Americans. How do you live with yourself? :dunno:

LOL

You can ignore the elephant in the room all you want, but again, terrorists want to be martyred. That part of their plan. Threatening them with death, ever a painful one, is not growing to garner any useful information. The best chance of that lies in other methods. The ones you think will fail.

Your method leaves 1 terrorist with little skin and millions of dead Americans. How do you live with yourself? :dunno:

One of the "terrorists" that was tasked with the suicide bombings in Africa in 1998 bailed at the last minute. He was later picked up and gave up intel. Guess the 72 virgin spiel just didn't hold water then, huh?

Next

No, of course not! Torture gives you false information....better to use proven interrogation techniques....

plus torture/ENHANCED interrogation is ILLEGAL.

No, it is not illegal.

The purpose behind the Geneva convention, was that if you were in uniform, then you were given special protections. The entire purpose of granting those protections, was to prevent soldiers from hiding among the public in plain close, causing armed forced to have to slaughter civilians to get the combatants.

When you intentionally ditch your military clothes, and dress like civilians, you are not covered under the Geneva convention.

IT is not illegal.

Second, every time I look this up, there are plenty of sources that indicate that those interrogations provided clear actionable intelligence, that prevented terrorist attacks, and led to the apprehension of terrorists.

I am not seeing this claim that that it gave bad information. The only people saying that, are people who don't want to believe its true.

From what I have read in numerous places, waterboarding led to the location of Osama Bin Laden's hide out in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

Sorry, but until you provide more conclusive proof, that claim is false.

LOL

One of the "terrorists" that was tasked with the suicide bombings in Africa in 1998 bailed at the last minute. He was later picked up and gave up intel. Guess the 72 virgin spiel just didn't hold water then, huh?

Next
Oh? Who was that?

LOL

Next
Oh? Who was that?

Mohamed Rashed Daoud Al-Owhali - Wikipedia

Went from willing to die to get those 72 virgins, to singing like a songbird in a matter of hours.

Not all that committed to the cause i'd say. So telling me that it would be IMPOSSIBLE to break a terrorist, committed to the cause, is simply Naive.

Forum List

Back