Zone1 Would you marry a person of another religion?

Would I marry a woman who is a member of the Church of Satan? Not a chance. Would I marry a Buddhist woman? Perhaps, if she was a Godly woman. I don't share the mainstream Christian belief that all non-Christians are condemned to the Lake of Fire.

Would I marry a woman who is a member of the Church of Satan? Not a chance. Would I marry a Buddhist woman? Perhaps, if she was a Godly woman. I don't share the mainstream Christian belief that all non-Christians are condemned to the Lake of Fire.
Buddhism isn't really a religion as there are no gods worshipped and no divine edicts to follow.

I know Christians who practice Buddhism because there is no contradiction to any theist religions

One of my parents was Catholic, the other wasn't raised in any belief system and I don't think ever went to any "church" to speak of.

They did a few things "right" but in some ways, the marriage was a disaster. Catholics should always marry Catholics. Don't marry the first person you fall in love with. Wait and see who this person really is. You have to test people like God does. Otherwise, you may be in for a big shock when the honeymoon is over. See: divorce rate in America!

well, Jesus said that No one comes to the Father except through HIM

He said that HE (not Buddha, not Muhamad ) is the Way, the Truth and the Life

No, I would not marry someone of a different religion.

I also would not marry someone of the same or no religion.

I will not marry again.

I have 2 divorces under my belt. And I am currently in the best relationship I have ever had. There is no need to involve the gov't.
I don't like govt involvement, to be sure. But if God sent me a good spouse, I would get married in the Church. I don't see that happening so I am with you in the "not going to marry again" thing. Technically, I never was married but it seemed like it with this one person. But once I found out more about that person, well, it was splitsville. Young people: Don't find out the hard way someone is not right for you, the "hard way" being: you don't get to know them--spend time w/ them over a LONG time span--before getting married.

Forum List

Back