Would you ever actually confront someone on a plane over flatulence?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
I was travelling on a plane. Some guy several aisles away was passing gas very frequently and very loudly and very blatantly. To be honest, it stunk all the way over where I was sitting and he laughed a few times when he did it. Then, this young lady stood up from the seat right in front of him, turned around, and started yelling at him in what I think was French. I couldn't understand what she was saying, except she was shrill. It was hard to determine who was being more rude and inappropriate. If you were sitting right next to him, would you have picked a fight or simply ignored it? Let's assume the smell when sitting right next to him was absolutely disgusting.

I was travelling on a plane. Some guy several aisles away was passing gas very frequently and very loudly and very blatantly. To be honest, it stunk all the way over where I was sitting and he laughed a few times when he did it. Then, this young lady stood up from the seat right in front of him, turned around, and started yelling at him in what I think was French. I couldn't understand what she was saying, except she was shrill. It was hard to determine who was being more rude and inappropriate. If you were sitting right next to him, would you have picked a fight or simply ignored it? Let's assume the smell when sitting right next to him was absolutely disgusting.

Once or twice is allowable, more than that head to the bathroom and empty out your damn bowels.

My hearing is fine but I lost my sense of smell a few years back, so other than knowing he was an ass, it wouldn't bother me.

Once or twice fine. If he continues and laughs about and the smell is bad, if I’m sitting next to him I would tell him it’s in his best interest to stop or go to the bathroom. If he doesn’t and does it again and laughs, he is going to eat an elbow to his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once or twice fine. If he continues and laughs about and the smell is bad, if I’m sitting next to him I would tell him it’s in his best interest to stop or go to the bathroom. If he doesn’t and does it again and laughs, he is going to eat an elbow to his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to make a big stink about it.

Forum List

Back