CDZ Would you be in favor of another debate between Trump and Biden where they both agreed to formal rules?

Anyone who criticizes Trump's conduct in that debate while not simultaneously asking for a return to real debates is a hypocrite. If Biden had done the same thing to Trump, the left would be praising it on every news channel.

But Biden didn't. He has never done anything to make anyone believe he would. That is the kind of childish behavior that is expected from Trump.
Biden lied every time he opened his mouth-----------liars deserve no respect and Trump was correct to stop his lying.

Such a childish remark. That reminds me of the silly crap we expect from Trump.

Anyone who criticizes Trump's conduct in that debate while not simultaneously asking for a return to real debates is a hypocrite. If Biden had done the same thing to Trump, the left would be praising it on every news channel.

But Biden didn't. He has never done anything to make anyone believe he would.

Against Ryan he constantly interrupted, laughed while he was talking, and basically acted like a 5 year old. That was as disgusting as the last presidential debate. Our society has caused an erosion of discourse and the last debate is simply a symptom. Choose which you want, debates or playground shouting matches, and make stand one way or the other. Condemn both sides or embrace the madness.

Did Biden interrupt 145 times? I don't think so.

I lost count. It might have only been 125 times. Most conservatives I know would prefer a return to old-fashioned debates, or what is more commonly known as the dreaded "public speaking contest". Liberals can't seem to make up their mind. They like Joe Biden constantly interrupting Paul Ryan, except they don't like Donald Trump constantly interrupting. It's almost like conservatives would agree to a black and white standard and liberals won't.

Nope 82 times. Perhaps you haven't been reading the threads here. Every right winger so far that I have seen, except you, is cheering for some dystopian Thunderdome scheme.

So would you personally prefer, regardless of what you may actually get or who may or may not be to blame, a formal debate or a childish screaming match?

A mature formal debate about the facts. I understand there will still be occasional interjections of facts, but nothing like that childish display that Trump brought.

' So, in other words, refuse to agree upon a strictly defined standard in order to leave yourself wiggle room to play it either way.

Against Ryan he constantly interrupted, laughed while he was talking, and basically acted like a 5 year old. That was as disgusting as the last presidential debate. Our society has caused an erosion of discourse and the last debate is simply a symptom. Choose which you want, debates or playground shouting matches, and make stand one way or the other. Condemn both sides or embrace the madness.

I lost count. It might have only been 125 times. Most conservatives I know would prefer a return to old-fashioned debates, or what is more commonly known as the dreaded "public speaking contest". Liberals can't seem to make up their mind. They like Joe Biden constantly interrupting Paul Ryan, except they don't like Donald Trump constantly interrupting. It's almost like conservatives would agree to a black and white standard and liberals won't.

Nope 82 times. Perhaps you haven't been reading the threads here. Every right winger so far that I have seen, except you, is cheering for some dystopian Thunderdome scheme.

So would you personally prefer, regardless of what you may actually get or who may or may not be to blame, a formal debate or a childish screaming match?

A mature formal debate about the facts. I understand there will still be occasional interjections of facts, but nothing like that childish display that Trump brought.

' So, in other words, refuse to agree upon a strictly defined standard in order to leave yourself wiggle room to play it either way.

No. Just the same standard that has been expected of presidential candidates forever. It's a grown up event. Don't be a childish shit. It's not too much to ask for.

No. Just the same standard that has been expected of presidential candidates forever. It's a grown up event. Don't be a childish shit. It's not too much to ask for.

Define it specifically. Liberals praised Al Gore for acting like a five year old against Ross Perot, They praised Joe Biden for acting like a five year old against Paul Ryan, You have a debate or a childish screaming match. You can't have it both ways.

Define it specifically. Liberals praised Al Gore for acting like a five year old against Ross Perot, They praised Joe Biden for acting like a five year old against Paul Ryan, You have a debate or a childish screaming match. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not aware of any childish screaming matches that didn't involve Trump.

If Trump and Biden both agreed to a specific format of formal debate, would it be better than what we saw last time? In my opinion, if they both agree to it ahead of time, it would put the first individual to break the format in a bad light.

Also, anybody that sees Biden as a victim in the last debate, check out the 2012 VP debate and how Biden acted like a five year old in that debate.

Would a debate following these norms be better or worse?

As long as there are no mask and Trump can drool on Biden.

You obviously haven't watched every talk political show for the last 20 years or so. You don't want to acknowledge the decline in discourse in our society over time, only complain when it goes against "your side".

Don't get out much do you. Maybe you should watch Crusty Joe when he 'talks' to the voters.

You obviously haven't watched every talk political show for the last 20 years or so. You don't want to acknowledge the decline in discourse in our society over time, only complain when it goes against "your side".

I was referring to presidential debates. I am well aware of how fox personalities behave.

It really wouldn't be all that difficult to do it virtually. This is silly.
I'm sure that would make Biden and Co. thrilled.

They should just put a cardboard cutout of Joe on the camera. Cut a hole for the cardboard mouth, and put Bernie and Kamala behind the cutout with a voice modulator.

May as well. That is precisely how devoid of substance Joe Biden is.

It really wouldn't be all that difficult to do it virtually. This is silly.
I'm sure that would make Biden and Co. thrilled. They should just put a cardboard cutout of Joe on the camera. Cut a hole for the cardboard mouth, and put Bernie and Kamala behind the cutout with a voice modulator. May as well. That is precisely how devoid of substance Joe Biden is.
Well, there are certainly few people in the world filled with as much substance as Trump.

"Would you be in favor of another debate between Trump and Biden where they both agreed to formal rules?"

No. Trump and Biden are just willing puppets. Again, the financiers of our one Party posing as two already agreed with themselves long ago regarding imposed public "debate" formalities. That's why they had the League of Women Voters stifled in no uncertain terms. No serious independent oversight shall be allowed. No genuine "debate" ever. That's largely how we find ourselves now reduced to choosing the least worst of two and only two. Worse is guaranteed. Endless decline. That's what "they" clearly want. We need to fight those monkeys off our back.

Here is what is needed:

Create a bipartisan panel to agree on questions for each candidate. Eliminate the moderator who is obviously working on behalf of one of them and simply prerecord the questions agreed upon in advance. Put the candidates in soundproof booths and simply turn off the microphones after the allotted time.

This would solve both problems as you would not have a debate of two vs one and not have one talking over the other.

Trump isn't mature enough to follow rules. He's spoiled, and acts like a child.
Trump's passionate about his country, and has been taking attacks from demotwats for over 4 years. The other doofus is an empty suit and a phony smile. Give me the spoiled child that throws a fit for his country. Biden's China's bitch now.

That wasn't passion. It was a tantrum.
Democrats have been throwing a tantrum since the day Hillary lost. C'mon man.

There are two questions here. First, would you rather see a formal debate between our two presidential candidates or a repeat of the first debate assuming you had a choice?

Second, with the reaction to the first debate, would the first person to break an agreement to behave like an adult reflect poorly enough on the offender enough to discourage such actions.

The issue is Trump can not comply by those rules because his debating style is more like a WWE smack talk than an actual debate...

Biden loses it and then it falls apart, so no point trying to set rules when you know they will be broken..

If Trump and Biden both agreed to a specific format of formal debate, would it be better than what we saw last time? In my opinion, if they both agree to it ahead of time, it would put the first individual to break the format in a bad light.

Also, anybody that sees Biden as a victim in the last debate, check out the 2012 VP debate and how Biden acted like a five year old in that debate.

Would a debate following these norms be better or worse?

Biden is going to use any debate to just throw mud. Any rules that lets him do that, and requires the President to stand there and take it like a bitch, is a bad deal.

Absolutely not. I'd love to see Trump behave precisely the same way in the next one. Even worse, if possible. I'll bet he could.

i agree. Letting liberals talk shit and not be called on it, has not worked for us, as a party or as a country. Time to get in their grill and call them on their shit.

Forum List

Back