CDZ Would you be in favor of another debate between Trump and Biden where they both agreed to formal rules?

Trump isn't mature enough to follow rules. He's spoiled, and acts like a child.
Trump's passionate about his country, and has been taking attacks from demotwats for over 4 years. The other doofus is an empty suit and a phony smile. Give me the spoiled child that throws a fit for his country. Biden's China's bitch now.

That wasn't passion. It was a tantrum.
Now, you're being dramatic. It wasn't that bad. You people are just snowflakes with all your silly outrage.

"oh how unpresidential!" as they other dude cries "will you shut up, clown!"

giphy.gif

Trump wasn't mature enough to keep his mouth shut. He interrupted 145 times. That's childish.

Certainly didn't work.

Trump, and I suppose some of his supporters think it worked. He claimed he won the debate. Of course he doesn't have a real tight grip on reality.

Re-watch the 2012 VP debate. Trump and Biden have similar debating styles. Liberals praised Biden in that debate. Criticizing Trump is hypocritical. Our educational system wants Jerry Springer style "critical" debates. That is what Trump delivered.

Trump isn't mature enough to follow rules. He's spoiled, and acts like a child.
Trump's passionate about his country, and has been taking attacks from demotwats for over 4 years. The other doofus is an empty suit and a phony smile. Give me the spoiled child that throws a fit for his country. Biden's China's bitch now.

That wasn't passion. It was a tantrum.
Now, you're being dramatic. It wasn't that bad. You people are just snowflakes with all your silly outrage.

"oh how unpresidential!" as they other dude cries "will you shut up, clown!"

giphy.gif

Trump wasn't mature enough to keep his mouth shut. He interrupted 145 times. That's childish.

Certainly didn't work.

Trump, and I suppose some of his supporters think it worked. He claimed he won the debate. Of course he doesn't have a real tight grip on reality.

Re-watch the 2012 VP debate. Trump and Biden have similar debating styles. Liberals praised Biden in that debate. Criticizing Trump
Biden didn't interrupt 145 times.

Anyone who criticizes Trump's conduct in that debate while not simultaneously asking for a return to real debates is a hypocrite. If Biden had done the same thing to Trump, the left would be praising it on every news channel.

Anyone who criticizes Trump's conduct in that debate while not simultaneously asking for a return to real debates is a hypocrite. If Biden had done the same thing to Trump, the left would be praising it on every news channel.

But Biden didn't. He has never done anything to make anyone believe he would. That is the kind of childish behavior that is expected from Trump.

Last edited:

But Biden didn't. He has never done anything to make anyone believe he would.

Against Ryan he constantly interrupted, laughed while he was talking, and basically acted like a 5 year old. That was as disgusting as the last presidential debate. Our society has caused an erosion of discourse and the last debate is simply a symptom. Choose which you want, debates or playground shouting matches, and make stand one way or the other. Condemn both sides or embrace the madness.

Against Ryan he constantly interrupted, laughed while he was talking, and basically acted like a 5 year old. That was as disgusting as the last presidential debate. Our society has caused an erosion of discourse and the last debate is simply a symptom. Choose which you want, debates or playground shouting matches, and make stand one way or the other. Condemn both sides or embrace the madness.

Did Biden interrupt 145 times? I don't think so.

I lost count. It might have only been 125 times. Most conservatives I know would prefer a return to old-fashioned debates, or what is more commonly known as the dreaded "public speaking contest". Liberals can't seem to make up their mind. They like Joe Biden constantly interrupting Paul Ryan, except they don't like Donald Trump constantly interrupting. It's almost like conservatives would agree to a black and white standard and liberals won't.

I lost count. It might have only been 125 times. Most conservatives I know would prefer a return to old-fashioned debates, or what is more commonly known as the dreaded "public speaking contest". Liberals can't seem to make up their mind. They like Joe Biden constantly interrupting Paul Ryan, except they don't like Donald Trump constantly interrupting. It's almost like conservatives would agree to a black and white standard and liberals won't.

Nope 82 times. Perhaps you haven't been reading the threads here. Every right winger so far that I have seen, except you, is cheering for some dystopian Thunderdome scheme.

If Trump and Biden both agreed to a specific format of formal debate, would it be better than what we saw last time? In my opinion, if they both agree to it ahead of time, it would put the first individual to break the format in a bad light.

Also, anybody that sees Biden as a victim in the last debate, check out the 2012 VP debate and how Biden acted like a five year old in that debate.

Would a debate following these norms be better or worse?

They both agreed ahead of time to set a set of rules for the first debate.

They did. They will again. But they won't.

1601869798572.png

If Trump and Biden both agreed to a specific format of formal debate, would it be better than what we saw last time? In my opinion, if they both agree to it ahead of time, it would put the first individual to break the format in a bad light.

Also, anybody that sees Biden as a victim in the last debate, check out the 2012 VP debate and how Biden acted like a five year old in that debate.

I doubt that Rump would keep his word. He's a liar, cheat and a Huckster. And he can't help himself. He knows no other way to act and never has.

dumprumpbanner.jpg

cg5f755e0e32190.jpg

Nope 82 times. Perhaps you haven't been reading the threads here. Every right winger so far that I have seen, except you, is cheering for some dystopian Thunderdome scheme.

So would you personally prefer, regardless of what you may actually get or who may or may not be to blame, a formal debate or a childish screaming match?

But Biden didn't. He has never done anything to make anyone believe he would. That is the kind of childish behavior that is expected from Trump.
Biden lied every time he opened his mouth-----------liars deserve no respect and Trump was correct to stop his lying.

I doubt that Rump would keep his word. He's a liar, cheat and a Huckster. And he can't help himself. He knows no other way to act and never has.

dumprumpbanner.jpg

View attachment 397290

So let's agree on standards and stick to traditional debates. The loosely-defined slop we have is not an improvement. You either agree to standards or you do not. If you do not, you deserve no better than what you saw in the last presidential debate. You can't have it both ways.

dumprumpbanner.jpg

View attachment 397290

So let's agree on standards and stick to traditional debates. The loosely-defined slop we have is not an improvement. You either agree to standards or you do not. If you do not, you deserve no better than what you saw in the last presidential debate. You can't have it both ways.

Any agreement made with Trump is pointless. The slop in the last debate and most, if not all of the debates he participated in in 2016 is what we have as long as he's a candidate. When he goes away, some measure of civility and professionalism will return.

dumprumpbanner.jpg

View attachment 397290

Any agreement made with Trump is pointless. The slop in the last debate and most, if not all of the debates he participated in in 2016 is what we have as long as he's a candidate. When he goes away, some measure of civility and professionalism will return.

If you can't see that things have been heading in this direction for decades, you are blind. I have been saying it on this forum for a long time.

dumprumpbanner.jpg

View attachment 397290

If you can't see that things have been heading in this direction for decades, you are blind. I have been saying it on this forum for a long time.

You'll see...the bedlam will disappear like a miracle once Trump is gone.

Decades? The debate shown in the OP was from 60 years ago. That was before the corporate duopoly agreed take over control and disempower the League of Women Voters, rendering every "debate" since a sick joke.

Ralph Nader Radio Hour - Presidential Debates/Reforming the Electoral College

Dodge and deflect. Praise Biden for acting like a 5 year old in 2012 and whine and bitch when Trump acts the same way 8 years later. Agree on a strictly defined standard or don't ask for a standard.

So would you personally prefer, regardless of what you may actually get or who may or may not be to blame, a formal debate or a childish screaming match?

A mature formal debate about the facts. I understand there will still be occasional interjections of facts, but nothing like that childish display that Trump brought.

Forum List

Back