Would the Republicans sabotage the economy for political gain?

Are you fucking insane??

Bush started asking Congress for oversight of GSE's in 2002. He didn't get it until Democrats took over the Congress.

Are you fucking stupid or just ill informed? How much oversight did Bush get with Barney "Roll The Dice" Frank?
He got the oversight he was asking for and he signed it into law. Which is far more than he got from Republicans when they ran Congress, since they gave him nothing.

You rightards are brain-dead. That's the only logical explanation.

Link? Congress is charged with oversight on Fannie/Freddie.

Are you fucking stupid or just ill informed? How much oversight did Bush get with Barney "Roll The Dice" Frank?
He got the oversight he was asking for and he signed it into law. Which is far more than he got from Republicans when they ran Congress, since they gave him nothing.

I guess he missed the part where Bush warned them that there was a major problem brewing and Frank said nah, everything is just fine.. then the bottom fell out and they blamed it on Bush. These lefties are seriously mental.

H.R.3221

[edit: specifically SEC. 1311. ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FEDERAL HOUSING FINANCE AGENCY]

Last edited:
Obama got his Stimulus, got control of the banks with Dodd-Frank, Passed ObamaCare, passed his entire agenda, what't the problem?

Maybe it's BECAUSE Obama got his way that the economy still blows?

I think they would. I think some of them truly believe extending those benefits harms the enonomy even though they are wrong. Others do know extending is the right thing to do and really are sabotaging the economy for political gain. They want to put that job growth to an end just to embarrass Obama.

Extending the benefits does harm the economy. And it harms the workers involved. I realize you dont understand that. But it's true.

And starving people when there is no jobs..is what? Good?

Man..that's one fine reality you live in chief.

Please produce evidence of a single person in this country starving.

I guess he missed the part where Bush warned them that there was a major problem brewing and Frank said nah, everything is just fine.. then the bottom fell out and they blamed it on Bush. These lefties are seriously mental.

No, I didn't miss it. That occurred when Frank was a member of the minority party with no ability to block the majority party Republicans from passing the oversight needed to prevent the financial collapse.

H.R.3221

[edit: specifically SEC. 1311. ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FEDERAL HOUSING FINANCE AGENCY]

You mean the one that was passed in 2008, after the crisis had started?
Yeah, major fail.

No, I didn't miss it. That occurred when Frank was a member of the minority party with no ability to block the majority party Republicans from passing the oversight needed to prevent the financial collapse.

Uhmmmm, . . . actually they did have the ability to block anything the majority wanted to pass. Remember the filibuster?

And then he went on to be chairman when the Democrats took Congress in 2006. Recall the Democrats took Congress in 2006? Yeah, what did they do to prevent the collapse? Nothing.
What They Said About Fan and Fred - WSJ.com

Extending the benefits does harm the economy. And it harms the workers involved. I realize you dont understand that. But it's true.

And starving people when there is no jobs..is what? Good?

Man..that's one fine reality you live in chief.

Please produce evidence of a single person in this country starving.

They're not starving because they are eating freakgin' cake. Hence the Republican party.

H.R.3221

Yeah, major fail.
You Moron. The crisis started before Democrats took over the Congress. By 2006, the housing bubble was already declining, on its way to bursting in 2008. Had Republicans passed a bill like that years earlier, there would not have been a Great Recession. Democrats came in to power and delivered it. Too little and too late, but they gave Bush what he was asking for since 2002.

You asked me to prove Democrats passed oversight in the Congress and I proved it.... let's see your evidence that Republicans passed oversight in the Congress ....

Oh, wait, they never did. Never mind. :eusa_doh:

Wow.. so Frank would have blocked any oversight needed? But it isn't his fault...

:lol:

Uhmmmm, . . . actually they did have the ability to block anything the majority wanted to pass. Remember the filibuster?
Great. Yet another low information rightard who thinks Frank was a Senator. Your keen political savvy aside, in the Senate back then, Democrats didn't filibuster any of the housing reform bills, so you still can't blame Democrats.

Wow.. so Frank would have blocked any oversight needed? But it isn't his fault...

:lol:
Had he blocked it, of course it would have been his fault. Since it was Republican leadership in the Senate who actually blocked it, Republicans are at fault.

The unemployment extension bill might not have any Republican votes in the Senate and House Majority Leader Cantor said he will not bring a bill to the floor for a vote. The reasons the Republicans give for opposing extending unemployment benefits for 3 months are wide and varied. Could the primary reason for the opposition be to blame the Democrats for a bad economy? In other words, would the Republicans sabotage the economy for political gain?

Is Cantor the majority leader? Or are you a more ON. ? :lol::lol:

The unemployment extension bill might not have any Republican votes in the Senate and House Majority Leader Cantor said he will not bring a bill to the floor for a vote. The reasons the Republicans give for opposing extending unemployment benefits for 3 months are wide and varied. Could the primary reason for the opposition be to blame the Democrats for a bad economy? In other words, would the Republicans sabotage the economy for political gain?

Is Cantor the majority leader? Or are you a more ON. ? :lol::lol:

Why yes, yes he is. And today I will be listening to him speak in front of the House. I can't wait to hear him just pouring his heart out with compassion for his fellow American.

And then he went on to be chairman when the Democrats took Congress in 2006. Recall the Democrats took Congress in 2006? Yeah, what did they do to prevent the collapse? Nothing.
What They Said About Fan and Fred - WSJ.com
You truly are a complete fucking imbecile. Democrats didn't actually take control of the Congress until 2007. By then, the vast majority of toxic loans which ultimately crashed the economy were already written.

At any rate, Barney Frank still introduced a housing reform bill just 2 months later. It passed in the House but died in the Senate. By July of 2007, Pelosi introduced a more comprehensive housing reform bill which was ultimately signed into law by Bush.

But it was too late, the nation needed Republicans to do that years earlier when they were in charge of Congress.

Yeah, major fail.
You Moron. The crisis started before Democrats took over the Congress. By 2006, the housing bubble was already declining, on its way to bursting in 2008. Had Republicans passed a bill like that years earlier, there would not have been a Great Recession. Democrats came in to power and delivered it. Too little and too late, but they gave Bush what he was asking for since 2002.

You asked me to prove Democrats passed oversight in the Congress and I proved it.... let's see your evidence that Republicans passed oversight in the Congress ....

Oh, wait, they never did. Never mind. :eusa_doh:

Wow, rewrite history much? The crisis started during the presidential campaign 2008 in the summer. Remember John McCain suspending his campaign to go back to Washington to work it out? Yeah, that happened.
You provided no proof. You referenced a bill passed after the crisis had started, and long after Democrats took control of Congress in the 2006 election.
Had Democrats listened to Republicans on Fannie/Freddie there would not have been a crisis. The Democrats foo-fooed every suggestion there was anything wrong. The WSJ ran editorial after editorial on Freddie Mac warning that their statements were wrong and their financials were dangerous to the country. That was back in 2006.

Forum List

Back