would the left have empowered the private sector to fight covid 19 ?

i think it is a question that needs to be asked . the private sector has been retooling researching and fast tracking medical supplies protective gear testing and treatments to fight this outbreak ! thanks to the POTUS actions in removing barriers and government regs to empower the private sector to fight this pandemic we are testing more than any country on earth and are speeding toward treatments that will save thousands of lives ..[it will be the private sector that makes the difference in this fight ! but what if the POTUS was a big government business taxing liberal ? would the private sector be used as effectively in this fight ? if recent history tells us anything the answer is no ! so in the future when the naysayers on the left claim that big government is the answer and more regs and higher taxes are the answer remember this struggle we are facing ! it will be the private sector that has the biggest impact in stopping this virus ...that and taking personal responsibility over our actions like social distancing personal responsibility [something else the left does not believe in ] and not relying on big government to solve all our problems.

Had there been a Democrat in the White House, there would not have been a need to get the private sector involved in the testing. The CDC would not have been without leadership and the roll out of the test would have gone better.

Had there been a Democrat in the White House, the country would have started preparations in December, like the rest of the first world, and so the whole pandemic would be taking a much different trajectory.

WTF do you know about it ya canadian ****?
Why is it the Republicans can't be civil and argue politics? Is it the lack of what? Besides knowledge...

Jealousy. Plus conservatives in general have little respect for women.

Every time you compare the USA to Canada, the USA comes out on the short end of the stick. Best country in the world two live in the past two years running. Better education, better health care, cleaner air and water, and fastest growing middle class in the world, before this mess.

We had our first case the same day you did. We now have over 6000 cases and you have 160,000. Your rate of infection graph is a line almost vertical and our is a very slowly rising horizontal line. We had tests from day one and we tested aggressively, especially people coming from China, Iran and Italy. 20% of our cases (when we were at about 1000 cases), came from the USA.

That's why Canada and Mexico closed the border with the USA. Trudeau initially closed the border to everyone but Americans, and the press excoriated him for that, because so many of our cases were Canadians returning from the US. Reports I was reading out of Mexico said something similar for their President. I know Trump and Pence told the American people the they closed the northern and southern borders but that's not what happened. Canada and Mexico closed the border with the USA.

i think it is a question that needs to be asked . the private sector has been retooling researching and fast tracking medical supplies protective gear testing and treatments to fight this outbreak ! thanks to the POTUS actions in removing barriers and government regs to empower the private sector to fight this pandemic we are testing more than any country on earth and are speeding toward treatments that will save thousands of lives ..[it will be the private sector that makes the difference in this fight ! but what if the POTUS was a big government business taxing liberal ? would the private sector be used as effectively in this fight ? if recent history tells us anything the answer is no ! so in the future when the naysayers on the left claim that big government is the answer and more regs and higher taxes are the answer remember this struggle we are facing ! it will be the private sector that has the biggest impact in stopping this virus ...that and taking personal responsibility over our actions like social distancing personal responsibility [something else the left does not believe in ] and not relying on big government to solve all our problems.

Had there been a Democrat in the White House, there would not have been a need to get the private sector involved in the testing. The CDC would not have been without leadership and the roll out of the test would have gone better.

Had there been a Democrat in the White House, the country would have started preparations in December, like the rest of the first world, and so the whole pandemic would be taking a much different trajectory.

WTF do you know about it ya canadian ****?
Why is it the Republicans can't be civil and argue politics? Is it the lack of what? Besides knowledge...

Jealousy. Plus conservatives in general have little respect for women.

Every time you compare the USA to Canada, the USA comes out on the short end of the stick. Best country in the world two live in the past two years running. Better education, better health care, cleaner air and water, and fastest growing middle class in the world, before this mess.

We had our first case the same day you did. We now have over 6000 cases and you have 160,000. Your rate of infection graph is a line almost vertical and our is a very slowly rising horizontal line. We had tests from day one and we tested aggressively, especially people coming from China, Iran and Italy. 20% of our cases (when we were at about 1000 cases), came from the USA.

That's why Canada and Mexico closed the border with the USA. Trudeau initially closed the border to everyone but Americans, and the press excoriated him for that, because so many of our cases were Canadians returning from the US. Reports I was reading out of Mexico said something similar for their President. I know Trump and Pence told the American people the they closed the northern and southern borders but that's not what happened. Canada and Mexico closed the border with the USA.
you didnt have as many initial cases because the US is the number 1 travel destination in the world ! if i were POTUS i would invade Canada and take it over ! it would take us about 3 days to accomplish that very very easy feat ! Canada is nothing ...and on the world stage of influence it will always be nothing .

Without the guarannteed purchase of the DPA the private sector was not going to act.

really?????????????????? the world's private sectors makes $trillions in goods and services without a guarantee. And is this case it is 10,000000000 times easier since there is huge huge demand and unlimited $ to buy since it is life and death.

Would you care to rethink?

"Rethink" implies that Lush has thought a first time.

Tesla and GM and GE had to ask Trump to invoke the DPA...and it took over ten days for him to give it teeth once he finally did.

Dems would have done so as soon as the problem became one

Without a doubt. Democrats would have more fully enacted DPA, took note of needs vs.capability and forced corporations if necessary to create products/equipment according to what the virus dictates. Then the federal government would have managed and distributed products to the states rather than have the states bid separately and end up raising the prices on eachother as well as the federal government. Not coordinating this effort will turn out to be just as bad as a lack of early testing and not taking the virus serious in the first place where many think the seriousness of it is just a hoax.

So I hear you saying, "Democrats would have immediately seized power over private industry and started central planning everything, because I'm just SURE it's not possible to get companies to do what's needed without government force, what do you mean private industry was already working on fixing problems while the federal government was standing around talking?"

There is literally no real-world demonstration that everything you believe is bullshit that will ever penetrate your bubble, is there?

Tesla and GM and GE had to ask Trump to invoke the DPA...and it took over ten days for him to give it teeth once he finally did.

Without a doubt. Democrats would have more fully enacted DPA, took note of needs vs.capability and forced corporations if necessary to create products/equipment according to what the virus dictates. Then the federal government would have managed and distributed products to the states rather than have the states bid separately and end up raising the prices on eachother as well as the federal government. Not coordinating this effort will turn out to be just as bad as a lack of early testing and not taking the virus serious in the first place where many think the seriousness of it is just a hoax.

So I hear you saying, "Democrats would have immediately seized power over private industry and started central planning everything, because I'm just SURE it's not possible to get companies to do what's needed without government force, what do you mean private industry was already working on fixing problems while the federal government was standing around talking?"

There is literally no real-world demonstration that everything you believe is bullshit that will ever penetrate your bubble, is there?

You need government to coordinate. Private companies don't know where to send their supplies, to be most efficient. Right now you have individual states bidding against each other and the federal government and then you have manufactures who don't know where is the best place to send their products. So, supply chain management is yet another clusterfuck of a failure to add to the growing pile.

Trump picks fights with GM, why? He has the authority to tell them what to do, not argue over what GM should or should not be doing in a plant they don't even own.

We need private industry and many have stepped up but with out coordination between manufacture to delivering of their product it's going to be and has been a mess.

You need government to coordinate. Private companies don't know where to send their supplies, to be most efficient. Right now you have individual states bidding against each other and the federal government and then you have manufactures who don't know where is the best place to send their products. So, supply chain management is yet another clusterfuck of a failure to add to the growing pile.

Trump picks fights with GM, why? He has the authority to tell them what to do, not argue over what GM should or should not be doing in a plant they don't even own.

We need private industry and many have stepped up but with out coordination between manufacture to delivering of their product it's going to be and has been a mess.

You really do think that "I say one thing, oops I got called on how stupid that was, let's pretend I was actually saying THIS" schtick is going to work. It's almost cute, how naively hopeful you remain.

The government is just as capable of disseminating information with the Defense Production Act, and it's pretty obvious that isn't what you were lusting for the Democrats to use it for.

It really amuses the hell out of me that you believe the manufacturing industry, which makes its money 365 days a year, every year, PRECISELY on distribution and maintaining supply chains, is less capable of doing so in a crisis than the federal bureaucrats.

You really do think that "I say one thing, oops I got called on how stupid that was, let's pretend I was actually saying THIS" schtick is going to work. It's almost cute, how naively hopeful you remain.

The government is just as capable of disseminating information with the Defense Production Act, and it's pretty obvious that isn't what you were lusting for the Democrats to use it for.

It really amuses the hell out of me that you believe the manufacturing industry, which makes its money 365 days a year, every year, PRECISELY on distribution and maintaining supply chains, is less capable of doing so in a crisis than the federal bureaucrats.
Read the post above yours and rethink your post

It's both, distribution and manufacturing. If we don't have enough masks or ventilators then we make companies manufacture them and we can probably do so to where there are standards in he product. If GM made ventilators but they are crap that doesn't help much. Leadership and coordination is what we need and right now we don't have any of that. Just yesterday Trump was told by the governor of Montana that he can't get enough tests because the federal government keeps getting int the way whenever they try to order from the private sector. Trump apparently was completely unaware of this, why?

Do all the states have enough ventilators? No
Masks? No
Other PPE? No

Again, I'm glad the private sector wants to help, they should but how are they supposed to know what is of greatest need? Who has the authority to ensure all manufacturing and distribution is most efficient? Hint, it's not Tesla.

It's both, distribution and manufacturing. If we don't have enough masks or ventilators then we make companies manufacture them and we can probably do so to where there are standards in he product. If GM made ventilators but they are crap that doesn't help much. Leadership and coordination is what we need and right now we don't have any of that. Just yesterday Trump was told by the governor of Montana that he can't get enough tests because the federal government keeps getting int the way whenever they try to order from the private sector. Trump apparently was completely unaware of this, why?

Masks? No
Other PPE? No

Again, I'm glad the private sector wants to help, they should but how are they supposed to know what is of greatest need? Who has the authority to ensure all manufacturing and distribution is most efficient? Hint, it's not Tesla.

I'm sorry, but what is "it's both distribution and manufacturing" supposed to change about what I said? How does that suddenly make the government more expert in those things than people who deal with them every day of their working lives?

And why are you jumping right to "we just make them do it"? That mindset right there is the problem with leftists: you just assume that nothing will get done unless you, in your government-power "brilliance", take control and hand out marching orders. What we're seeing is proof that you're wrong, and you're irrelevant to real life. All around us we see that the private sector stepped up and started creating answers while the governments were sitting around pulling their puds and "negotiating" about first steps. If we'd waited for the government to make all the decisions, manufacturing would just now be getting around to starting to ramp up production on standard technologies, instead of having already created new designs aimed at this crisis.

Yeah, boy, too bad he didn't have the government to tell him what to do. It would have been so much better.

And yeah, we DEFINITELY need the government to leap in there with regulations and standards, because God knows, that streamlines things and the government are ALSO experts on quality assurance, as opposed to people for whom - again - that's a regular part of daily life.

Why didn't Trump know about government interference with Montana before someone told him? Um, because he's not singlehandedly micromanaging every function that ever takes place in the executive branch, you moron. Nor is he omniscient. Someone has to actually let him know there's a problem for him to know there's a problem . . . just like every other human being on the planet.

How is the private sector supposed to know what is of the greatest need? I dunno, listening? Common sense? Even YOU know what's of greatest need right now, and you're such a moron it amazes me you can walk and breathe at the same time.

I would trust Tesla to keep things efficent a lot sooner than I would trust any government to. I've never seen any evidence that government bureaucrats can SPELL "efficiency", let alone demonstrate it.

A govt of, by and for the people is what private capital disdains and fears most, and will never accept.

Masks? No
Other PPE? No

I'm sorry, but what is "it's both distribution and manufacturing" supposed to change about what I said? How does that suddenly make the government more expert in those things than people who deal with them every day of their working lives?

And why are you jumping right to "we just make them do it"? That mindset right there is the problem with leftists: you just assume that nothing will get done unless you, in your government-power "brilliance", take control and hand out marching orders. What we're seeing is proof that you're wrong, and you're irrelevant to real life. All around us we see that the private sector stepped up and started creating answers while the governments were sitting around pulling their puds and "negotiating" about first steps. If we'd waited for the government to make all the decisions, manufacturing would just now be getting around to starting to ramp up production on standard technologies, instead of having already created new designs aimed at this crisis.

Yeah, boy, too bad he didn't have the government to tell him what to do. It would have been so much better.

And yeah, we DEFINITELY need the government to leap in there with regulations and standards, because God knows, that streamlines things and the government are ALSO experts on quality assurance, as opposed to people for whom - again - that's a regular part of daily life.

Why didn't Trump know about government interference with Montana before someone told him? Um, because he's not singlehandedly micromanaging every function that ever takes place in the executive branch, you moron. Nor is he omniscient. Someone has to actually let him know there's a problem for him to know there's a problem . . . just like every other human being on the planet.

How is the private sector supposed to know what is of the greatest need? I dunno, listening? Common sense? Even YOU know what's of greatest need right now, and you're such a moron it amazes me you can walk and breathe at the same time.

I would trust Tesla to keep things efficent a lot sooner than I would trust any government to. I've never seen any evidence that government bureaucrats can SPELL "efficiency", let alone demonstrate it.

Fawning over aristocracy and concentrated wealth is not what any free people ever did.

Masks? No
Other PPE? No

The feds are the ones tracking the virus country wide. You think GM is? I would really like an answer to this.

We're at war, right? I don't ever remember a government's strategy to win a war is a series of suggestions.

I'm nor have I ever said that private industry doesn't play a role. We need them and their ingenuity. We just need leadership to focus it.

Sometimes, yes. I'd hate to see us pay hundreds of millions of dollars for crap.

He was micromanaging, the question was to Dr. Fauci and Trump jumped in to answer. If he doesn't know then let the people who do fix it. WE STILL DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TESTS AND THE PRESIDENT ISN'T EVEN AWARE AND THINKS THE SHORTAGE WAS RESOLVED. Do you have any idea how fucked up that is?

You want our response to the virus based on guessing? How about somebody centrally coordinate otherwise companies and state government will all be pulling in different directions.

Tesla is only a tiny piece of the puzzle. It's not that they are not a capable company it's that they are in no position.

Masks? No
Other PPE? No

The feds are the ones tracking the virus country wide. You think GM is? I would really like an answer to this.

We're at war, right? I don't ever remember a government's strategy to win a war is a series of suggestions.

I'm nor have I ever said that private industry doesn't play a role. We need them and their ingenuity. We just need leadership to focus it.

Sometimes, yes. I'd hate to see us pay hundreds of millions of dollars for crap.

He was micromanaging, the question was to Dr. Fauci and Trump jumped in to answer. If he doesn't know then let the people who do fix it. WE STILL DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TESTS AND THE PRESIDENT ISN'T EVEN AWARE AND THINKS THE SHORTAGE WAS RESOLVED. Do you have any idea how fucked up that is?

You want our response to the virus based on guessing? How about somebody centrally coordinate otherwise companies and state government will all be pulling in different directions.

Tesla is only a tiny piece of the puzzle. It's not that they are not a capable company it's that they are in no position.

You are literally so enamored of government, government, government that you are totally unmoored from reality. You actually think tons of government red tape ensures quality, let alone is the only thing ensuring quality? You actually think Trump jumping in to answer questions means that he can be and should be held responsible to personally doing every single one of the hundreds of thousands of jobs that fall under the executive branch? You think GM needs to personally track disease vectors in order to figure out what's needed and where? You really think it's impossible to get those things by anything but "guessing" if the brilliant and benevolent government doesn't control things?

I'm not sure psychiatry even has a name yet for this level of delusion.

Masks? No
Other PPE? No

Fawning over aristocracy and concentrated wealth is not what any free people ever did.
you are right ! hollywood libbs are evil greedy and have to much money ! the hollywood liberal elites have to much influence !

Dems would have been prepared for the oncoming pandemic, which had months of warning. Instead our Moron in Chief called it a "hoax" and said that "cases would seen be zero" once it finally did arrive, as everyone knew it would.

Masks? No
Other PPE? No

you are right ! hollywood libbs are evil greedy and have to much money ! the hollywood liberal elites have to much influence !

It's TOO you moron!

Masks? No
Other PPE? No

It's TOO you moron!
thanks for the spell check faggot !

Masks? No
Other PPE? No

It's TOO you moron!
thanks for the spell check faggot !

Were you attached to a male English teacher when you were younger? Where did that come from? Wait, are you young and being abused now?

Forum List

Back