Would a European Heritage Month be Offensive?

Common European Heritage Racist?

• Euro Heritage Month OK

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Racist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We have an Irish holiday called St. Patrick's Day, so that's enough for me because I'm half-Irish.

We have an Irish holiday called St. Patrick's Day, so that's enough for me because I'm half-Irish.

Yeah, Columbus day, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July are a pretty big "fuck you" to folks with heritage from native, hispanic, Asian, and African heritage as well. Folks of European heritage are going to feel pressure and fight hard just to keep those.

For the answer to that we have only to look at the assholes trying to have straight pride parades. The purpose is not to celebrate anything but to exclude and condemn others.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
For the answer to that we have only to look at the assholes trying to have straight pride parades. The purpose is not to celebrate anything but to exclude and condemn others.
You mean like a gay pride parade which excludes anyone that doesn't do buttsex?
There is no one telling anyone that they cannot participate and have no right to be there. The question here is this: Is it possible that right wingers could hold any sort of cultural celebration without being dicks about it? You people not exactly known for being inclusive.

Is celebrating a common European heritage by racist or otherwise incorrect.

You mean would the Irish have a problem identifying with the English or the Dutch with the German? I expect so.
What about a "common African" heritage?

They all started out as slaves. Kind of forces a commonality on them. Of course, that is just a diversion. Do you still think the Irish want to identify with the English?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

You mean would the Irish have a problem identifying with the English or the Dutch with the German? I expect so.

They all started out as slaves. Kind of forces a commonality on them. Of course, that is just a diversion. Do you still think the Irish want to identify with the English?
Hell no. Not with Limeys.

Why is this in politics?

I think it depends. It can be racist but not neccessarily. Common European Heritage can mean that you are half black or only a quarter white and you have "common european heritage" most people in the americas have common european heritage including blacks, natives, hispanics, they all have alot of european ancestry. If it is to exclude others and such like white Nationalist and they want a white ethnostate and whites are superior and such, like the usual narrative why they are proud it is racist. I met many proud blacks, and they never had a problem with me, they are just proud to be black but are inclusive of me and treat me like a human being. I met a proud black woman and she said Im great looking, would that be possible with a White woman who is proud to be white?

I think it depends. It can be racist but not neccessarily. Common European Heritage can mean that you are half black or only a quarter white and you have "common european heritage" most people in the americas have common european heritage including blacks, natives, hispanics, they all have alot of european ancestry. If it is to exclude others and such like white Nationalist and they want a white ethnostate and whites are superior and such, like the usual narrative why they are proud it is racist. I met many proud blacks, and they never had a problem with me, they are just proud to be black but are inclusive of me and treat me like a human being. I met a proud black woman and she said Im great looking, would that be possible with a White woman who is proud to be white?

As long as it's more than 1/1024.

I think for just suggesting it is now a crime in NYC

This is a ridiculous idea posed by white supremacists who think they are being left out because there's a black history month. 11 months out of the year European heritage is celebrated.

Forum List

Back