Worldwide Poverty

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
I read Bjorn Lomborg's book, False Alarm, which documents the nonsense that has long been projected by climate change cultists. In it, Lomborg quoted this: "The rich pollute and the poor suffer."

It seems to me that rich communities are not polluted. Poor ones are.
So I researched slums, real pollution, and learned that 24% of humanity lives in slums, the fastest growing human habitat on earth. Then I collected some pictures of the worst slums. Half of sub-Saharan Africans live in slums, but rich Hong Kong has them too. Look at these pictures of apartments in Hong Kong that are the size of a single bed:

I read Bjorn Lomborg's book, False Alarm, which documents the nonsense that has long been projected by climate change cultists. In it, Lomborg quoted this: "The rich pollute and the poor suffer."

So I researched slums, real pollution, and learned that 24% of humanity lives in slums, the fastest growing human habitat on earth. Then I collected some pictures of the worst slums. Half of sub-Saharan Africans live in slums, but rich Hong Kong has them too. Look at these pictures of apartments in Hong Kong that are the size of a single bed:

We visited HK in 1987 when it was considered to be the Capitalist capitol of the world. We stayed in the Kowloon Hotel, in a room that was no bigger than 10' x 10'.

Does that address your point?

We stayed in a Hilton in London near Piccadilly Circus and the room wasn't much bigger than 10 x 10--and that isn't a slum. Accommodations in Tokyo are no better--you can rent a drawer for the night and it even has a television. It isn't hard to understand why many of these people live in the squalid slums. If you go to most low income areas, they are awash in garbage. My goodness, just because you have low or no income, it doesn't mean you lose all personal pride and simple hygiene.

Last edited:
Homes are historically small, especially in colder climates. Easier to heat and maintain. People were smaller as well, some still are.

The Brits ruled Hong Kong for 150 years and now a Brit news source whines about the poverty in the country. DUH.

Forum List

Back