Words Words Words

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
Maybe this can be a word of the day type thread? I think it would be fun.

I'll start with a word that I just heard for the first time a couple months ago and I have been pondering the meaning quite a lot.

sonder n.
the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own — populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness — an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you'll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.

I have always loved poetry and song lyrics as literary art forms as well as sociology, psychology and philosophy and I did have a realization of this concept and in fact applied it as the "Walk a mile in another's shoes" but i think sonder is a much deeper concept

This word encompasses so much of all these varied interests of mine that I find it fascinating. Maybe we as people should realize this concept. it might just make us all a little kinder to each other.

I'll start with a word that I just heard for the first time a couple months ago and I have been pondering the meaning quite a lot.

sonder n.
the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own — populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness — an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you'll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.

I have always loved poetry and song lyrics as literary art forms as well as sociology, psychology and philosophy and I did have a realization of this concept and in fact applied it as the "Walk a mile in another's shoes" but i think sonder is a much deeper concept

This word encompasses so much of all these varied interests of mine that I find it fascinating. Maybe we as people should realize this concept. it might just make us all a little kinder to each other.
The realization that each random passerby is living a life as complex as your own?

Joe-Biden-eating-ice-cream.jpg

Um....................no.

Fake news.

Do you know where the word idiot comes from? It comes from the Greeks that used it for anyone who was apolitical.

Many political commentators, starting as early as 1856, have interpreted the word "idiot" as reflecting the Ancient Athenians' attitudes to civic participation and private life, combining the ancient meaning of 'private citizen' with the modern meaning 'fool' to conclude that the Greeks used the word to say that it is selfish and foolish not to participate in public life.[8] But this is not how the Greeks used the word.

You sir are a selfish idiot, at least according to the Greeks who viewed politics as being life itself.

Do you know where the word idiot comes from? It comes from the Greeks that used it for anyone who was apolitical.

Many political commentators, starting as early as 1856, have interpreted the word "idiot" as reflecting the Ancient Athenians' attitudes to civic participation and private life, combining the ancient meaning of 'private citizen' with the modern meaning 'fool' to conclude that the Greeks used the word to say that it is selfish and foolish not to participate in public life.[8] But this is not how the Greeks used the word.

You sir are a selfish idiot, at least according to the Greeks who viewed politics as being life itself.
Yeah and look at Greece now.

Yeah and look at Greece now.
Greece, the hailed birth place of democracy that democrats rave about every day, something you want to destroy.

So not only are you an idiot, you are an insurrectionist as well.

Keep digging that hole kiddo.

Greece, the hailed birth place of democracy that democrats rave about every day, something you want to destroy.

So not only are you an idiot, you are an insurrectionist as well.

Keep digging that hole kiddo.
And is now a broke shithole of a country.

If you have nothing to offer on the thread topic you are free to leave.

And is now a broke shithole of a country.

If you have nothing to offer on the thread topic you are free to leave.
I have nothing to offer? I just educated you.

Something the government should have done in school in their government run schools.

But at least you know what pronoun you are.

But unfortunately for you, you no longer know what a woman is, so there is that.

Last edited:

sonder n.

Loquacious

Someone who talks a lot, very talkative. Never ever used it, but just a useless word I've heard before

I have nothing to offer? I just educated you.

Something the government should have done in school in their government run schools.

But at least you know what pronoun you are.

But unfortunately for you, you no longer know what a woman is, so there is that.
A woman is a human female adult.

Moron.

FYI the word moron was coined in the early 20th century for use as medical diagnosis.

Yes, I have to dumb it down for the idiots like you to grasp.

Funny I have actually used the word loquacious many times and find it to be a nice addition to my vocabulary which allows me to lend more interest to both my writing and conversational skills.

You like to limit your vocabulary thereby limiting your thought process because you must prefer to be limited and boring. The sad thing is that you're proud of that

Funny I have actually used the word loquacious many times and find it to be a nice addition to my vocabulary which allows me to lend more interest to both my writing and conversational skills.

You like to limit your vocabulary thereby limiting your thought process because you must prefer to be limited and boring. The sad thing is that you're proud of that
Ya trying to act the wideo. A daft boy looking to get attention. 'see me ahm oan the Buckie on the telly' 'ahm just sooo cool so ah am'

I'll shall allow your superior intellect to decipher that phrase.

Forum List

Back