Word Association

1589651303538.png

(Europe)

Sad

I used to live in Vienna and Spain, and still have my place in Spain. We were in Paris at Christmas and planned to go to London this June. I usually go to Spain once or twice a year. Now that is all over, for the present. Don't know how long it will be before we can get back to Europe. And I feel so bad for what has gone on there, especially in Spain. Very sad. In fact, I was there in late Feb and early March and got out just before the virus exploded there. Had no idea how bad it would be there. The province where my place is in Spain has had the least amount of the virus of any other in the country, so that's good. My heart just aches for Spain. They have 14% of the population of the US, but they have had 1/3 of the deaths we have had, from Covid 19. We think it is to some extent because they are such a touchy-feely population. Very social, very warm. They have an excellent health care system, longer life expectancy (according to this AARP article, they have the longest life expectancy in the world; Spain Will Have Longest Life Expectancy While U.S. Lags) than the US, better infant mortality rate, etc. It's so sad. They have excellent health care and very little serious obesity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back