Women are banned from Starbucks in Saudi Arabia

I would pull their franchises immediately.

Not up to starbucks. It was the saudi vice police
Starbucks can close all Saudi locations.
But like good leftists, they don't care about women so stay open to make $$

Ikea had to remove all women from their catalog to accommodate the vice police

Starbucks logo girl had to be removed

and yet some how paris hilton was allowed to promote her line at the mecca shopping mall, yes that mecca

I have no desire to travel to these horrible countries,

I have felt this way for 20 years after I read the book Not without my daughter...
The women are treated horrible..
The social differences between Judeo-Christian and Islamic nations are so deeply embedded it might be best if we don't even try to interact.

Starbucks is partnered with a group that brought them to arabia. It is not a just starbucks decision.

[...]

And if any of you liberals and feminists defend this, I will write your names on a list and I will never forget who you are.
What if one, neither Liberal nor feminist, neither defends nor condemns such a social moré because it is common to a foreign culture?

Women in most Islamic nations are regarded differently from those in the Christian West. Many Muslims are raised to believe that women who do not adhere to the Islamic dress code are not entitled to respect or protection from sexual abuse. This is why male Muslim refugees feel justified, even invited, to sexually assault those women in Western host nations who dress and behave in a way which, to them, is brazenly provocative and calls for the kind of response we are seeing.

What we are seeing is a cultural conflict which will be either difficult or impossible to resolve. The depth of the cultural conflicts which exist between Eastern and Western cultures are what brought about the Crusades.
If it was your sister, or wife, or girlfriend, or daughter was being raped by a Muslim mob, you would feel differently.

This is not a theoretical problem to be pondered by theologians and philosophers.

It's happening now.

My Muslim brother-in-law abused my sister, and she didn't leave him until he threw a vase at her head.

I don't care what part of the Koran made my brother-in-law think he was entitled to do that.

I just want to rip the shit out of him, and throw his body to the dogs.

Right now, the liberals are in our country talking about how we now have 57 sexual orientations.

The Muslims are going to have a field day with that.

If it was your sister, or wife, or girlfriend, or daughter was being raped by a Muslim mob, you would feel differently.

This is not a theoretical problem to be pondered by theologians and philosophers.

It's happening now.

My Muslim brother-in-law abused my sister, and she didn't leave him until he threw a vase at her head.

I don't care what part of the Koran made my brother-in-law think he was entitled to do that.

I just want to rip the shit out of him, and throw his body to the dogs.
Sorry if my comment seems to recommend forgiveness for the conduct of those Muslim refugees who are abusing our women. It wasn't intended to. I'm in the habit of looking for causes of aberrant behavior and I simply laid out what I believe accounts for what motivates the brazen sexual misconduct of these refugees.

As far as what should be done about it is concerned I'm afraid the standard American response to such conduct will have limited effect because the motivation for it is a deeply embedded cultural orientation. Simply making a few arrests and imposing some jail time on a few individuals will not have a deterrent effect. That is much too civilized a response to such uncivilized conduct.

The only effective response to such behavior would be the kind of extreme violence which will impart an impression capable of overcoming a rigid cultural orientation. Unfortunately the American criminal justice system stands firmly in the way of the only solution to this problem -- which would be homicidal mob violence. In effect, our law enforcement agencies will serve to protect these abusers of our women from the appropriate response.

The important thing to remember is that there are now...hijabarbies:
Hijab+Barbie.jpg

The important thing to remember is that there are now...hijabarbies:
Hijab+Barbie.jpg
What fun. All the different outfits and stuff :)

actually, dolls and teddy bears etc. are supposed to faceless. The very fact of having a doll with a face is haram, but fulla was quite popular among muslim children.

It seems it depends on the country and which sharia scholar you speak to

corn-husk-dolls-7_vert.jpg
this is about all the doll they should have.

Blackrook, women are banned from a great many things and places in SA. Why does the fact that they can't go into an over-priced and over-marketed chain coffee shop make such a difference to you?

The better question is why does it matter what example Blackrook used to make the point that discrimination is wrong? Over-priced coffee in a chain coffee shop sold almost half way around the world that excludes women is wrong. It would not be tolerated in the US and it should not be tolerated there. Starbucks should pull out and actually stand for something and not just stand for whatever makes their bottom line go up. I would join a boycott but I don't buy coffee at Starbucks.

As bad as segregation or banning women might be, any foreign business must abide by the laws of the land, not their laws back home.
Starbucks agreed to the separation barrier, but when it fell down the moral police made them ban women till the wall could be put back up.

Starbucks cannot set their own rules, nor can they just pull out over a wall that will eventually be put back up.

A foreign company in the US has to abide by the laws here.

We might have religious freedom here but saudi does not, even so our laws do not permit discrimination, saudi does.

Starbucks and their corporate partners would have had to agree in their contract to the saudi rules. Same for the change in logo.

The contract would also prevent them from just closing up shop and leaving saudi over a wall that will be replaced.

I'd love to see the moral police out of business, but its not going to happen over coffee.

The better question is why does it matter what example Blackrook used to make the point that discrimination is wrong? Over-priced coffee in a chain coffee shop sold almost half way around the world that excludes women is wrong. It would not be tolerated in the US and it should not be tolerated there. Starbucks should pull out and actually stand for something and not just stand for whatever makes their bottom line go up. I would join a boycott but I don't buy coffee at Starbucks.

You have to remember that I have no problem with most discrimination. If someone doesn't want me to support their business, so be ut. No skin off my nose.

Wow, you would think that a place like Star Bucks would want as many customers as they can get their hands on. What are we females guilty of to deserve such a thing?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I guess that its a good thing that I never cared for their stuff, but plenty of other people do.

Forum List

Back