Woke Democrats: Dr. Seuss is now racist.

The PUBLISHER is not printing any more of 6 titles. The govt has no role in ceasing printing. There's no const issue here, for Christ's sake. LOL

There are at least 20 links to articles out there. Its' not about the books having racist themes, but rather Giselle's drawings of non-white people. Although, only two actual examples seem to be discussed, I saw it on mulberry street and if I ran a zoo. Minor works to put it mildly. Imo its unfortunate that the drawing can't just be "fixed." But I doubt the six books will affect the publisher's, and apparently owner of the books', income.
These 6 Dr. Seuss books will stop being published over racist imagery (yahoo.com)

This is beyond stupid---and I am tired of catering to the STUPID people.

Dr Seuss is an excellent teaching tool-------his repetitive rhyming books make it simple and fun for 3-5 years olds to learn how to read. I taught my daughter and my youngest step son how to read using these books.

Just another reason why the population is dumbing down.

There is a Mike Judge movie called "Idiocracy." It's not a great movie, but it's prophetic. It's about the dumbing down of the population through the selective breeding of stupid people to the point that in 500 years, someone with an IQ of 80 is a genius. (already the case among democrats.)

We are dissolving our nation and culture, replacing it with the lowest common denominator, which is continually declining. We import the third world by the millions, and demand that ONLY the dumbest and least educated be admitted.

Education itself has been perverted to the point that stupidity is relished and intelligence shunned.
I've long considered Idiocracy as the apparent new goal of the world. The dumber the better....

Well since idiocy and dumber is mentioned, only a couple of the "stories" made mention of Huck Finn and Shakespeare (mainly Merchant of Venice). But the difference is, there's no real racial component to Suess's work. The illustrations are offensive to today's readers. But both Huck Finn and Merchant had themes of racism (or anti-semitism). Both Twain and Shakespeare were famous for speaking through characters and saying outrageous things, but the hard part is seperating their uses of irony and even saying the opposite of what they meant ... or perhaps they really meant it. (-:

Can stereotypes be racist?
You should ask the black community that question

Why? I'm asking here and it seems you do not want to answer.

When those stereotypes were created to dehumanize a segment of society to make their oppression and murder more palpable....yes....

Lynching_1050x700_A.jpg

Or do you think people posed like this in front of murdered people like it's a family picnic -- because they thought they were human and equal??

The PUBLISHER is not printing any more of 6 titles. The govt has no role in ceasing printing. There's no const issue here, for Christ's sake. LOL

There are at least 20 links to articles out there. Its' not about the books having racist themes, but rather Giselle's drawings of non-white people. Although, only two actual examples seem to be discussed, I saw it on mulberry street and if I ran a zoo. Minor works to put it mildly. Imo its unfortunate that the drawing can't just be "fixed." But I doubt the six books will affect the publisher's, and apparently owner of the books', income.
These 6 Dr. Seuss books will stop being published over racist imagery (yahoo.com)

It could be fixed but that would mess up a great chance for virtue signalling on the part of the publisher. It sure would be nice if our MSM would do their job and inform the public by showing the so-called racist imagery.

When those stereotypes were created to dehumanize a segment of society to make their oppression and murder more palpable....yes....

View attachment 463375

Or do you think people posed like this in front of murdered people like it's a family picnic -- because they thought they were human and equal??

This was directed to me and I suppose it was a general question posed to all but yes, that is generally what stereotypes are used for. It's a way to dehumanize those you see as less than you.

It seems Republicans hate the free market....

Now they are whining like bitches because a company decided not to continue publishing 6 of THEIR OWN books......

It could be fixed but that would mess up a great chance for virtue signalling on the part of the publisher. It sure would be nice if our MSM would do their job and inform the public by showing the so-called racist imagery.
No doubt it is in the publisher, owner's, self interest. I know I read Mulberry St to my daughter. I don't remember it's content. But I've no doubt the illustration must be offensive. I may own the damn thing, but most likely it was a library book.

But Cat in the Hat, and Horton, and Grinch, and Lorax and Places will still be there.

No doubt it is in the publisher, owner's, self interest. I know I read Mulberry St to my daughter. I don't remember it's content. But I've no doubt the illustration must be offensive. I may own the damn thing, but most likely it was a library book.

But Cat in the Hat, and Horton, and Grinch, and Lorax and Places will still be there.

You have no doubt it was offensive even though you don't remember it? And yeah the other books might stick around for a while but now that Dr Seuss has been officially labeled racist we will see for how long.

Well, now we know the Democrats can't even pass by a children's book loved for decades without tearfully collapsing into spastic choking and gagging.

Why tolerate these people and their delusional nonsense? They're completely mental. They belong in a soft cage.

Unprecedented is the favorite media word these days.

View attachment 463375

Isn't that picture of a democrat party fundraiser?

(Answer: Yes - in 1920)

No.

Really?

There was nothing racist in blackface?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Buy the rights and reproduce it then.

No.

Really?

There was nothing racist in blackface?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Buy the rights and reproduce it then.
Just because I have an issue with it doesn’t mean I need to buy the rights, I can just defend theirs.

Go for it. What they do with their property is really none of your business.
It’s the principle. That’s what you don’t seem to understand.

Continuing to promote racist stereotypes is a principle to you?
It is a slippery slope. Stereotypes are there for a reason. Many anti Jewish stereotypes and I do not want any of them banned. Not one.

Great. Many Jews do.

Jews are condemning anti-semitism all the time. They make many good points.
Stereotyping and anti Semitic behaviors aren’t one in the same. We are too easily offended.

Of course they are. They both are designed to put others down.
One in a comedic way and one is a divisive hateful way. There is a massive difference. Airplane was a funny movie but played on stereotypes. Should it be banned?

I've addressed this already.
As have I. You are obtuse and refuse to see my side of the debate. You just dig your heels in. Nothing gets resolved that way. I see your POV and vehemently disagree with it as is my right but I understand. You refuse to see my POV and just dismiss it.

Make a valid point as to why elementary age children should be shown blacks portrayed as monkey's.
Lie. They aren’t blacks they are fictional monkeys.

Whenever monkeys come up in any context, the lefties always make a connection to black people. I don't get it. Why does the left think blacks are monkeys? Sometimes a monkey is just a monkey.
^^^This^^^

Thank you

View attachment 463375

This was directed to me and I suppose it was a general question posed to all but yes, that is generally what stereotypes are used for. It's a way to dehumanize those you see as less than you.
It's the doing it to make one's oppression and murder easier to swallow that's causes some of us to have a zero tolerance for all folks who whine about not being able to dehumanize people like the good old days....or as they call it "cancel culture"

It seems Republicans hate the free market....

Now they are whining like bitches because a company decided not to continue publishing 6 of THEIR OWN books......

New Dr. Suess Book: "Horton Hears a Fascist."
Take that up with the company that owns those publications....

But you may be busy still whining like a bitch over Mr. Potato-head....

Conservatives....always on the cutting edge of what matters

What will happen to our youth if they don't get to enjoy little pictures of stereotypical "Chinamen"
YM6OIXBFCRKKLISHZ2IGHNBDPU.jpg

How will they learn about other cultures without mocking them first??

Goofy shit conservatives worry about....

Forum List

Back