Woke and broke U.S. Army now accepting recruits with ADHD, other "behavioral challenges"

The military has always taken people with ADHD, this is not new.

Exactly. This has never been a disqualifier for serving in the military.

The only requirement is that the individual must have stopped taking medication to treat the condition, and been able control it without medication for at least 2 years.

There. Two sources from the military itself and the rest are news sites--not blogs. You want more, just let me know. There are dozens more I can post.

OK, first of all none of those was "military". Army Times and Military Times are not "Military Sources". It is a civilian owned and run news outlet, owned by the same people that bring you USA Today. And the biggest interest in it for most who are in uniform are things like who is getting promoted, who is retiring, and who has died. We know that a great deal of the content is almost nonsense, and rarely reflects what we really want to read.

And the biggest problem is that it is now estimated that over 80% of those within the main age bracket are not eligible to join the military.

The moment you have your possible recruiting pool cut to only around 20% of the population, you are going to have problems. And it does not matter what it is you are trying to recruit for.

OK, first of all none of those was "military". Army Times and Military Times are not "Military Sources". It is a civilian owned and run news outlet, owned by the same people that bring you USA Today. And the biggest interest in it for most who are in uniform are things like who is getting promoted, who is retiring, and who has died. We know that a great deal of the content is almost nonsense, and rarely reflects what we really want to read.

And the biggest problem is that it is now estimated that over 80% of those within the main age bracket are not eligible to join the military.

The moment you have your possible recruiting pool cut to only around 20% of the population, you are going to have problems. And it does not matter what it is you are trying to recruit for.

Oh, and when did this 80% become non eligible, when Dementia invaded the White House? Up until then, we didn't have much of a problem with recruitment?

In another forum I posted a site that tells how over 1,800 military men and women were kicked out of the army for not taking the shot. That's just one branch of our armed services. Now imagine how many won't consider joining for the same reason.

"The best part about being a Democrat is never having to say it was your fault."
Ray from Cleveland

Works both ways, Trump is responsible for some of the above and Biden is responsible for some of the above.

No, Biden is responsible for all of it, and the rest is blame shifting by the Communists.

Trump successfully filled his pockets and the pockets of the rich.

Not according to left-wing media. Trump donated all of his presidential pay to various charities and causes. The only people that fill the pockets of the rich are the rich themselves. You always make these accusations with zero evidence of your claims. But what should I expect? You're a Democrat so lying is inherent in your kind.

Oh, and when did this 80% become non eligible, when Dementia invaded the White House?

Actually, it has more to do with the tightening of requirements to join the military.

In the 1980s, one could join the military if they were overweight. Or had used drugs. Or had minor legal altercations. Or did not have a High School diploma.

But in the decades since, the requirements to join the military have gotten significantly stricter. Now you can not even be one pound overweight, or you will not go to boot camp. You have to have a High School diploma, not even a GED will cut it most times. The requirement comes and goes, but the last time I looked if somebody had a GED they needed higher scores on the ASVAB, as well as at least 20 hours of college credits.

Almost any legal issues beyond minor traffic is now a non-qualifier. And in addition, drug use is increasingly on the rise among the civilian population. And that also is an instant disqualifier to joining the military.

How about actually trying to deal with the actual facts, and not your own mental illness? It has not a damned thing to do with who is sitting their ass in the Oval Office. It never has. They have absolutely nothing to do with that.

Actually, it has more to do with the tightening of requirements to join the military.

In the 1980s, one could join the military if they were overweight. Or had used drugs. Or had minor legal altercations. Or did not have a High School diploma.

But in the decades since, the requirements to join the military have gotten significantly stricter. Now you can not even be one pound overweight, or you will not go to boot camp. You have to have a High School diploma, not even a GED will cut it most times. The requirement comes and goes, but the last time I looked if somebody had a GED they needed higher scores on the ASVAB, as well as at least 20 hours of college credits.

Almost any legal issues beyond minor traffic is now a non-qualifier. And in addition, drug use is increasingly on the rise among the civilian population. And that also is an instant disqualifier to joining the military.

How about actually trying to deal with the actual facts, and not your own mental illness? It has not a damned thing to do with who is sitting their ass in the Oval Office. It never has. They have absolutely nothing to do with that.

Bullshit. Did these obstacles just appear in the last two years? They've always been there or have been there for a long time. When you have a problem, the first thing you do is look for the changes that may have caused the problem. Since Dementia, our military is suffering. His policies include reversing Trump's policy of keeping weirdos in dresses out of our military. He forced them to take the shot or leave. The military leaders are pounding our solders with woke bullshit like CRT. People don't join the military for that, they avoid the military for that.

Once again, I ask that you watch the video I posted of military ads that are produced in China, Russia and ours. I believe it's post #7. Our military ads used to be like that. Look at what they are now.

Bullshit. Did these obstacles just appear in the last two years? They've always been there or have been there for a long time.

No, they have been in place for decades. And the military has been having increasing problems finding qualified recruits every year.

Over the past 2 years, the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force have been experiencing problems in recruiting qualified enlisted personnel.

If you notice, that report was made back in 2000, and most of the data collected was from FY 1998.

So no, the problem has been going on for much longer than that. Hell, I saw it way back in 2008 when maybe 1 in 5 potential recruits who walked into a recruiting office could pass all the requirements to join. And talking with recruiters in California, over half are disqualified at the first meeting.

Body weight and drug use being the two major reasons. And as more and more states legalize drug use, that problem is only going to increase. However, the increasing size of people is also a major factor. That alone is the main reason most are disqualified. In short, they are simply too fat. And so long as the youth continues to turn into couch potatoes and not get enough exercise that will only continue to increase.

So yes, this has in fact been a problem that has been going on for decades.

Of course, if you had ever actually served in the military, those are things you might actually know about.

No, Biden is responsible for all of it, and the rest is blame shifting by the Communists.
Yea because Trump was just the greatest president of all time, he never did ANYTHING wrong. I just don't understand why he didn't get a 2nd term, why is he a one and done. Smfh.
Not according to left-wing media. Trump donated all of his presidential pay to various charities and causes. The only people that fill the pockets of the rich are the rich themselves. You always make these accusations with zero evidence of your claims. But what should I expect? You're a Democrat so lying is inherent in your kind.

How much money did he make every time he went and kicked back at one of his resorts. Is that the reason he wouldn't produce his taxes because he was being audited? Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid.

Oh, and when did this 80% become non eligible, when Dementia invaded the White House? Up until then, we didn't have much of a problem with recruitment?

Actually, we had lots of problems before President Biden.

The Army failed to meet its recruiting goals in 2018 under Trump.

It also failed to meet them in 2009.

and in 2007

Now, keep in mind, the military lowered a lot of standards during the War on Terror, which is how you got such winners as Bowe Bergdahl and Bradley Manning in uniform. Now that the WOT is winding down, the army is putting a lot of those standards back in place and wondering why it can't meet recruiting goals.

In another forum I posted a site that tells how over 1,800 military men and women were kicked out of the army for not taking the shot. That's just one branch of our armed services. Now imagine how many won't consider joining for the same reason.
Honestly, why would you want them? Someone who is willing to infect their fellow soldiers because they heard something on the internet and can't be deployed to foreign countries?

Bullshit. Did these obstacles just appear in the last two years? They've always been there or have been there for a long time. When you have a problem, the first thing you do is look for the changes that may have caused the problem. Since Dementia, our military is suffering. His policies include reversing Trump's policy of keeping weirdos in dresses out of our military. He forced them to take the shot or leave. The military leaders are pounding our solders with woke bullshit like CRT. People don't join the military for that, they avoid the military for that.

First, the military having recruiting problems have nothing to do with any of that. It has to do more with that the standards are so high that most people would be rejected.

Weight standards, criminal standards, drug use. All of these are increasing in the population at large, but the Army has tightened standards on these issues.

On top of that, you have a war that has dragged on for 20 years now, who the hell would sign up for that. What is telling is that while the Navy and Air Force (guys who are never going to get near the fighting) are having no problem meeting their recruiting goals, the Army (the guys who WILL be doing the fighting) is.

Final problem, of course, is the economy itself. Employment is at 2.7%, and even McDonald's is offering a living wage.

So, you can make $22,000 a year as an E-1 vs. 31,200 a year a burger flipper, even the burger flipper jobs are looking more appealling, and you don't have to put up with sadistic drill instructors or possibly getting blown up so Exxon can make a bigger profit.

Once again, I ask that you watch the video I posted of military ads that are produced in China, Russia and ours. I believe it's post #7. Our military ads used to be like that. Look at what they are now.

China and Russia are communist states with conscription. And do you really want to use Russia as an example? Hey, our commercials look cool, but I'd rather be in the US Army than the Russian one.

Forum List

Back