Witnesses Say Brown Had His Hands Up.

This shaky cell phone video captures two men raising their hands in the air, just moments after 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, MO. Their gesture, experts say, could bolster arguments that Brown was surrendering when he was shot multiple times by officer Darin Wilson. The video obtained by the Associated Press shows two landscapers standing near the street where Brown was shot. In the video a man can be heard uttering a profanity, and saying "He had his hands in the air."

Maybe because it is a new video from Sept. 13.

New Witness Video Emerges in Ferguson Shooting

You must not have watched the video. You cannot understand what I am talking about unless you see the reactions of the two landscapers.

You are the one and only report I have heard thus far by anyone anywhere, indicating that he was 'freezing'. Everything I've read, heard, seen, or had mentioned, indicates he was moving TOWARD the officer.

If you see the landscapers reaction and hear just how one said, "He had his hands in the air!", the conclusion is that Brown was still when he was shot. No one would have those reactions if Brown had been charging the officer. But again, you have to watch the video several times to understand.

Again.... Did Brown attack the officer, yes or no? If yes, I don't care about anything else.

Did Brown move toward the police officer when the officer had his gun out? Yes or no? If yes, I don't care about anything else.

This guy needed shot, and society is better off without him alive.

This shaky cell phone video captures two men raising their hands in the air, just moments after 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, MO. Their gesture, experts say, could bolster arguments that Brown was surrendering when he was shot multiple times by officer Darin Wilson. The video obtained by the Associated Press shows two landscapers standing near the street where Brown was shot. In the video a man can be heard uttering a profanity, and saying "He had his hands in the air."

You must not have watched the video. You cannot understand what I am talking about unless you see the reactions of the two landscapers.

You are the one and only report I have heard thus far by anyone anywhere, indicating that he was 'freezing'. Everything I've read, heard, seen, or had mentioned, indicates he was moving TOWARD the officer.

If you see the landscapers reaction and hear just how one said, "He had his hands in the air!", the conclusion is that Brown was still when he was shot. No one would have those reactions if Brown had been charging the officer. But again, you have to watch the video several times to understand.

I still don't care. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Yes.... or no.... was he moving toward the officer?

"No one would have those reactions if Brown had been...."

Bull crap. Of course they would. How many times in the last month have we hard "his hands were up!"... without questioning whether he was moving towards the officer?

In the interview, the witness said Brown, 18, moved toward Officer Wilson in his final moments but it was unclear if Brown was moving in a 'stumble to the ground' or 'OK, I'm going to get you, you're already shooting me.'

Michael Brown shooting witness says teen had hands up while he was gunned down Mail Online

Fail. I don't care 'why' he was moving towards an officer who had his gun out. An officer pulls a gun, you get face in the dirt, and wait for instructions.

Brown, with his hands still raised, then allegedly moved. “He’s kind of walking back toward the cop,” the worker was quoted as saying.
Local newspaper New witnesses emerge in Michael Brown police shooting Al Jazeera America

Fail. I don't care if he was 'walking' back towards the guy with the gun that you just assaulted. He should have kissing pavement waiting for instructions.

Some witnesses say that Mr. Brown, 18, moved toward Officer Wilson, possibly in a threatening manner, when the officer shot him dead.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/us/shooting-accounts-differ-as-holder-schedules-visit.html?_r=0

Fail. Doesn't matter if he was 'threatening' or not. Regardless of anything else, this guy fought with a police officer. His credibility to the officer, is already in the negative millions. A person who even 'struggles' with an officer, is a danger to everyone including the officer. The officer rightly can't trust ANYTHING he does from that point forward, so when he turns around and comes back at him, you shoot that dog, and put him down.

Cell phone footages, with audio of witness.

dude kept coming towards the police

Fail.... fail.... fail... fail.

Case closed! Nothing you have to say changes the evidence we have thus far. Until we have more information, that either EVERYONE WAS LYING..........

Or he moved towards that officer with his gun out... and deserved everything he got. Case closed, class dismissed.

Bull crap. Of course they would. How many times in the last month have we hard "his hands were up!"... without questioning whether he was moving towards the officer?

In the interview, the witness said Brown, 18, moved toward Officer Wilson in his final moments but it was unclear if Brown was moving in a 'stumble to the ground' or 'OK, I'm going to get you, you're already shooting me.'

Michael Brown shooting witness says teen had hands up while he was gunned down Mail Online

Fail. I don't care 'why' he was moving towards an officer who had his gun out. An officer pulls a gun, you get face in the dirt, and wait for instructions.

Brown, with his hands still raised, then allegedly moved. “He’s kind of walking back toward the cop,” the worker was quoted as saying.
Local newspaper New witnesses emerge in Michael Brown police shooting Al Jazeera America

Fail. I don't care if he was 'walking' back towards the guy with the gun that you just assaulted. He should have kissing pavement waiting for instructions.

Some witnesses say that Mr. Brown, 18, moved toward Officer Wilson, possibly in a threatening manner, when the officer shot him dead.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/us/shooting-accounts-differ-as-holder-schedules-visit.html?_r=0

Fail. Doesn't matter if he was 'threatening' or not. Regardless of anything else, this guy fought with a police officer. His credibility to the officer, is already in the negative millions. A person who even 'struggles' with an officer, is a danger to everyone including the officer. The officer rightly can't trust ANYTHING he does from that point forward, so when he turns around and comes back at him, you shoot that dog, and put him down.

Case closed! Nothing you have to say changes the evidence we have thus far. Until we have more information, that either EVERYONE WAS LYING..........

Or he moved towards that officer with his gun out... and deserved everything he got. Case closed, class dismissed.

You have MADE up your mind! And no convincing in the world will change it. :laugh:

You have MADE up your mind! And no convincing in the world will change it. :laugh:

That is exactly right. You got it. You have to prove everything wrong. The burden is on you now, and you don't got it.

And honestly, throwing your hands up, doesn't mean that "now I can do anything I want because I have my hands up".

If I physically assault you... and then walk away, and turn around with my hands up, and run at you.... are you going to assume "Well gee, that nice 6 foot 300 lbs guy that just beat the crap out of me, is coming back.... to surrender to me... yeah that's the ticket"?

Here is what I want to know, if you want to convince me that he was shot without merit.

Did he... or did he not.... fight with the police? If yes.... nothing else matters to me.

After the police officer pulled his gun:

Did he, or did he not.... turn around and start coming at the police officer? If yes... nothing else matters to me.

If a police officer orders you to stop, orders you to get on the ground, orders you to remain where you are.... and you go towards him when he's got a gun out.... Nothing else matters. I don't care if you have your hands up, a white flag, a French Beret, a peace shirt, MJ We are the World pants, and your singing "Put a little love in your heart!". Sorry... you either do exactly what the officer says, or you get shot, and should get shot, and it's a benefit to society when you die. You don't get to do whatever you want. You get to follow orders, or die.

You having your hands up, doesn't mean "You can't touch this!". Sorry.

A police officer certainly cannot shoot a man that has his hands up.

Certainly he can.

Hands in the air does not in and of itself signify surrender.

PERIOD

And honestly, throwing your hands up, doesn't mean that "now I can do anything I want because I have my hands up".

If I physically assault you... and then walk away, and turn around with my hands up, and run at you.... are you going to assume "Well gee, that nice 6 foot 300 lbs guy that just beat the crap out of me, is coming back.... to surrender to me... yeah that's the ticket"?

Here is what I want to know, if you want to convince me that he was shot without merit.

Did he... or did he not.... fight with the police? If yes.... nothing else matters to me.

Did he, or did he not.... turn around and start coming at the police officer? If yes... nothing else matters to me.

If a police officer orders you to stop, orders you to get on the ground, orders you to remain where you are.... and you go towards him when he's got a gun out.... Nothing else matters. I don't care if you have your hands up, a white flag, a French Beret, a peace shirt, MJ We are the World pants, and your singing "Put a little love in your heart!". Sorry... you either do exactly what the officer says, or you get shot, and should get shot, and it's a benefit to society when you die. You don't get to do whatever you want. You get to follow orders, or die.

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

Of course, I meant someone that has their hands up in surrender.

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

Truth of the matter is, hands up means nothing in terms of surrender.

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

Which doesn't change the validity of my statement that a cop cannot shoot someone with hands up in surrender.

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

Which doesn't change the validity of my statement that a cop cannot shoot someone with hands up in surrender.

he was not surrendering

After a reported foot chase, Kohler said the worker described a shot fired while Brown was running away.

The worker said Brown was “…kind of walking back toward the cop,” his “hands were still up” and the witness described Officer Wilson “backing up as he fired.”
The eyewitness who spoke to Fox 2 described hearing two pops, then looked up to see Brown.

“I saw him staggering and running and when he finally caught himself he threw his hands up and started screaming OK OK OK OK OK and then the three officers come through the thing and the one just started shooting,”

Construction workers describe police shooting of Michael Brown FOX2now.com

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

Which doesn't change the validity of his statement that a having their hands up isn't automatically equal surrender.

We can go back and fourth on this until the end of time.

And here's the other thing. It's really easy for people like you, sitting at your little computer, safe in your little house somewhere, to say "Well that officer should have done thus and so".

It's a much different thing, when you are in the heat of the moment.

From everything we have read, the officer was attacked in the car, and there was a struggle for the officers weapon, which fired a shot.

Now, unless you actually believe that the officer pulled his gun, from inside his car, and fired on Brown without reason.... Which of course happens every other Thursday.... Wilson had just been attacked, in a life or death struggle.

From the safety of your little computer, that doesn't mean much. To the officers that put their lives on the line, so you can sit safely behind your little computer, that's a big freakin deal.

When Wilson got out, his state of mind isn't.... oh that guy is likely to surrender.

No, Wilson is thinking, that guy would have killed me, and I can't let him get away.

And Wilson.... was right.

Last edited:

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

And how the fuck would anyone know for sure the simian was "surrendering"? B/c he had his fucking hands up? Grow up stupid.
I'm 6'4"/300 pounds. You and I get in a fight and I decide to walk or run away. You order me to stop. I stop then turn around and put my hands in the air taunting you. Saying you won't dare shoot me and I start coming towards you. Are you willing to stake your life on the hope I'm just coming back to apologize? Ya fucking right!

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

Which doesn't change the validity of his statement that a having their hands up isn't automatically equal surrender.

And here's the other thing. It's really easy for people like you, sitting at your little computer, safe in your little house somewhere, to say "Well that officer should have done thus and so".

From everything we have read, the officer was attacked in the car, and there was a struggle for the officers weapon, which fired a shot.

Now, unless you actually believe that the officer pulled his gun, from inside his car, and fired on Brown without reason.... Which of course happens every other Thursday.... Wilson had just been attacked, in a life or death struggle.

From the safety of your little computer, that doesn't mean much. To the officers that put their lives on the line, so you can sit safely behind your little computer, that's a big freakin deal.

When Wilson got out, his state of mind isn't.... oh that guy is likely to surrender.

No, Wilson is thinking, that guy would have killed me, and I can't let him get away.

one of the construction workers was interviewed back on August 12th

he said that officer wilson was forced o back up before the last volley of shots

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

And how the fuck would anyone know for sure the simian was "surrendering"? B/c he had his fucking hands up? Grow up stupid.
I'm 6'4"/300 pounds. You and I get in a fight and I decide to walk or run away. You order me to stop. I stop then turn around and put my hands in the air taunting you. Saying you won't dare shoot me and I start coming towards you. Are you willing to stake your life on the hope I'm just coming back to apologize? Ya fucking right!

It is a simple concept demonstrated in the video. I don't know why some are having such a hard time understanding it. :lol:

That usually means that it is quite valuable, and the most desperate have to discredit in every way possible

Cellphone video that shows witnesses raising their hands in the air moments after the fatal shooting of Michael Brown by a white police officer could bolster arguments that Brown was surrendering when he was shot, legal experts say. (Sept. 13)

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

he said that officer wilson was forced o back up before the last volley of shots

After nailing him with three shots, a staggering man forced him to keep shooting.

Certainly he can.

PERIOD

what does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Have you ever affected an arrest? I have , thousands. I have absolutely, positively seen guys put their hands up in the air as if to surrender and then either attack or jack rabbit.

Is that what happened here? Based on the evidence I've seen and my experience as a trained investigator I say yes. As a race baiter, you say no.

After nailing him with three shots, a staggering man forced him to keep shooting.

“When he got shot the first time, he ran off….and came back”
“and all you heard was him screaming at the cop was like, ‘fuck you c’mon then cracker’ that’s all you heard the little boy screaming”
“And the cop lit his ass up cause he was still coming at him, the little boy was still coming at him..”

“and all you heard was him screaming at the cop was like, ‘fuck you c’mon then cracker’ that’s all you heard the little boy screaming”
“And the cop lit his ass up cause he was still coming at him, the little boy was still coming at him..”

It said in one that you posted, he was walking back towards the officer. Which is it? :lol:

Oh wait...

He was charging too. :laugh:

he was not surrendering

After a reported foot chase, Kohler said the worker described a shot fired while Brown was running away.

The worker said Brown was “…kind of walking back toward the cop,” his “hands were still up” and the witness described Officer Wilson “backing up as he fired.”

The eyewitness who spoke to Fox 2 described hearing two pops, then looked up to see Brown.

“I saw him staggering and running and when he finally caught himself he threw his hands up and started screaming OK OK OK OK OK and then the three officers come through the thing and the one just started shooting,”

The same but longer quote:

“I saw him staggering and running and when he finally caught himself he threw his hands up and started screaming OK OK OK OK OK and then the three officers come through the thing and the one just started shooting,” the worker told Fox 2`s Washington on August 12.

The Fox 2 witness immediately wrote down what he saw. He also drew a diagram showing him and his co-worker about 50 yards away. He wrote that the officer “emptied his gun into the guy.”

The witness who spoke to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch said Brown’s hands started going down after the third shot and he reportedly “moved about 25-feet toward Wilson, who kept backing away and firing.”

From the workers’ vantage point, about 50 yards away, the worker who talked to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch said he could not tell if Brown’s motion toward Wilson after the shots was “a stumble to the ground” or “OK, I’m going to get you, you’re already shooting me.”

The eyewitness who talked to Fox 2 described looking up to see Brown, “…stumbling and falling… coming down the street and when he caught himself that’s when he threw his arms up, then here come the officer. At first his gun was down, then walked till he got 8 to 10 feet away from him then shot. I heard 6 (or) 7 shots.”

Next it will be he was leaping at the officer. :laugh:

It said in one that you posted, he was walking back towards the officer. Which is it? :lol:

Oh wait...

he was not surrendering

“I saw him staggering and running and when he finally caught himself he threw his hands up and started screaming OK OK OK OK OK and then the three officers come through the thing and the one just started shooting,” the worker told Fox 2`s Washington on August 12.

The Fox 2 witness immediately wrote down what he saw. He also drew a diagram showing him and his co-worker about 50 yards away. He wrote that the officer “emptied his gun into the guy.”

The witness who spoke to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch said Brown’s hands started going down after the third shot and he reportedly “moved about 25-feet toward Wilson, who kept backing away and firing.”

From the workers’ vantage point, about 50 yards away, the worker who talked to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch said he could not tell if Brown’s motion toward Wilson after the shots was “a stumble to the ground” or “OK, I’m going to get you, you’re already shooting me.”

The eyewitness who talked to Fox 2 described looking up to see Brown, “…stumbling and falling… coming down the street and when he caught himself that’s when he threw his arms up, then here come the officer. At first his gun was down, then walked till he got 8 to 10 feet away from him then shot. I heard 6 (or) 7 shots.”

I see you conveniently left out the part where Dirt Nap Mike was taunting the cop.

Oh wait...

he was not surrendering

I see you conveniently left out the part where Dirt Nap Mike was taunting the cop.

It does not matter what you do, the police always get their way. It is like laughing all the way to the poor house.

Forum List

Back