Zone1 Without God, right and wrong are just personal beliefs.

Society can determine right and wrong.

Cambodia, 1970’s
Germany, 1930’s-40’s
Russia 1920-?
China 1928-?
North Korea 1950’s-?
Japan 1936-45

All society driven morals.
Europe at the time of the Reformation, Christians killing Christians in the name of God.

Weatherman2020

About 300 years after Hammurabi, in 1440 B.C., Moses recorded the Law for the Israelites. Because the Mosaic Law contains some similarities to Hammurabi’s Code, some critics of the Bible believe that Moses copied from the Hammurabian Code.

If they’re right, and Moses simply stole from the Babylonians, then the whole episode at Mount Sinai is false (Exodus 34) and the inspiration of Scripture is suspect.

Both Levitical law and Hammurabi’s Code impose the death penalty in cases of adultery and kidnapping (Leviticus 20:10; Exodus 21:16; cf. Statutes 129 and 14). Also, there are similarities in the law of retaliation, such as “an eye for an eye” (Leviticus 21:23-25; cf. Statute 196). Statute 206 of the Hammurabian Code says, “If during a quarrel one man strike another and wound him, then he shall swear, ‘I did not injure him wittingly,’ and pay the physicians.” The Law of Moses is comparable: “If people quarrel and one person hits another with a stone or with their fist and the victim does not die but is confined to bed, the one who struck the blow will not be held liable if the other can get up and walk around outside with a staff; however, the guilty party must pay the injured person for any loss of time and see that the victim is completely healed” (Exodus 21:18-19).

Off topic.
Your morality is as moral as Stalin’s was if there’s no God.

with your next opportunity for the sake of humanity, record your conversation and take a photo ... and have them autograph your favorite bible.

* will it be - i am.

Without an ultimate unchanging rule maker, rules are meaningless subjective personal choices.

Sorry I have TDS. Are you a Trump supporter?

We understand that's the kind of leader you want with Trump. Authoritarian. Ultimate unchanging rule maker. Interesting you said that. I bet you like Trump.

40% of Americans prefer that kind of leader. Not surprising you say that.

Rules are rules and if you get caught you're supposed to get in trouble. Trump lives by the rule that Rules are meaningless and subjective personal choices. If you can get away with breaking them. So are you kidding right now?

Without an ultimate unchanging rule maker, rules are meaningless subjective personal choices.

1. Is this why Republicans love Trump? Because he's an authoritarian leader? 40% of Americans like that.

2. Trump breaks the rules all the time. So I guess rules are meaningless subjective personal choices for believers. Unless Trump isn't really a believer.

Forum List

Back