Withholding Hydroxychloriquine Equals Withholding Penicillin During WWII!

You claim that the fact that so many people are evaluating that drug is reason to believe it should be used before the evaluation is complete. There might be some reason to believe that if the interest in that drug was based on the properties of the drug it's self. That is not the case. The only reason there is any interest in that drug whatsoever is the presidents insistence that it be evaluated. He forced an otherwise uncalled for evaluation, and it will be evaluated. That is more than the drug deserves on it's own. It would be even more stupid to release it for specific use when it hasn't been evaluated for that use.

I don't know. If I was laied up with this crap and it looked like I was goi to die why shouldn't I be allowed to try it? I know you won't like it because it's on FOX, but people have been coming on TV to discuss their experience with the drug. Your body your choice and all that, but if one is already standing n shit what's the big deal other then Trump mentioned it on TV?
Correct. I believe one would be allowed to get that treatment if their doctor prescribed it because, right now, it's what they call "off label" which is a drug made for one use but has found to be effective in other uses. I heard that in NY the governor prohibits private doctors from prescribing it but hospitals can.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has come under increased pressure to lift his executive order prohibiting pharmacists from dispensing the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine outside a hospital or inpatient setting to treat the novel coronavirus.

Congratulations New Yorkers for electing that turd.

One of the reasons he did that was so that there wouldn't be a run on the drug. There is a woman who suffers with lupus, and that drug is the treatment that helps keep it in check. When she heard Trump mention it on television, she went to her doctor the next day and asked for a 90 day script so she could have her medicine in case there was a run on it. When she went to the pharmacist 24 hours later? They were out, and weren't expecting anymore anytime soon. Maybe the reason he made it hospital only is because that is where the most severe patients are who need the drug the most. Otherwise, there would be people buying up the drug and hoarding it or selling it at extreme prices.

My mom takes it for something to. Not lupus. From what I understand, there really isn't a danger of running out. That said they can develop criteria on who gets it and when. Maybe only give the combo to people who are days away from going on a respirator?

You claim that the fact that so many people are evaluating that drug is reason to believe it should be used before the evaluation is complete. There might be some reason to believe that if the interest in that drug was based on the properties of the drug it's self. That is not the case. The only reason there is any interest in that drug whatsoever is the presidents insistence that it be evaluated. He forced an otherwise uncalled for evaluation, and it will be evaluated. That is more than the drug deserves on it's own. It would be even more stupid to release it for specific use when it hasn't been evaluated for that use.

I don't know. If I was laied up with this crap and it looked like I was goi to die why shouldn't I be allowed to try it? I know you won't like it because it's on FOX, but people have been coming on TV to discuss their experience with the drug. Your body your choice and all that, but if one is already standing n shit what's the big deal other then Trump mentioned it on TV?
Correct. I believe one would be allowed to get that treatment if their doctor prescribed it because, right now, it's what they call "off label" which is a drug made for one use but has found to be effective in other uses. I heard that in NY the governor prohibits private doctors from prescribing it but hospitals can.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has come under increased pressure to lift his executive order prohibiting pharmacists from dispensing the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine outside a hospital or inpatient setting to treat the novel coronavirus.

One of the reasons he did that was so that there wouldn't be a run on the drug. There is a woman who suffers with lupus, and that drug is the treatment that helps keep it in check. When she heard Trump mention it on television, she went to her doctor the next day and asked for a 90 day script so she could have her medicine in case there was a run on it. When she went to the pharmacist 24 hours later? They were out, and weren't expecting anymore anytime soon. Maybe the reason he made it hospital only is because that is where the most severe patients are who need the drug the most. Otherwise, there would be people buying up the drug and hoarding it or selling it at extreme prices.

My mom takes it for something to. Not lupus. From what I understand, there really isn't a danger of running out. That said they can develop criteria on who gets it and when. Maybe only give the combo to people who are days away from going on a respirator?

Well, there have been several stories on the news lately where people who actually need the drug to treat their condition are going to the pharmacy and aren't being able to get it. Hopefully, you won't have that problem where you live.

I'm not sure that's true, Bulldog. Trump's first mention of the drug was on March 19 in a press conference. China released their findings that the drug was helpful in a small study on January 28. France followed up soon after. If you look at the Science article linked in the OP, they reviewed every study on hydroxychloriquine prior to March 21, and the list is really long. As soon as China and France put out their results, the world jumped on it. If you skim the article, look at the list of studies at the end and the chart of what had been studied by March 21, I think you'll see Trump is not behind the research.

I'm not sure that's true, Bulldog. Trump's first mention of the drug was on March 19 in a press conference. China released their findings that the drug was helpful in a small study on January 28. France followed up soon after. If you look at the Science article linked in the OP, they reviewed every study on hydroxychloriquine prior to March 21, and the list is really long. As soon as China and France put out their results, the world jumped on it. If you skim the article, look at the list of studies at the end and the chart of what had been studied by March 21, I think you'll see Trump is not behind the research.
Logic is not part of the TDS brain. I fear you are performing a futile exercise to even try to educate a brainwashed Leftist, Marxist, Democrat Zombie. "orange man bad" is their battle cry and DAMN anyone who disagrees with their hate Trump cult.

I hope it works just as well as has been hyped. There just isn't any real reason yet to believe it will. False hope is worse than almost anything right now.

I hope it works just as well as has been hyped. There just isn't any real reason yet to believe it will. False hope is worse than almost anything right now.

Why would you say that? Its been a safe enough drug to give to well patients as a prophylaxis for ages, many people have taken it for many years.

In other nations, including those with Risky Socialized Medical Schemes, the product is routinely prescribed for corona patients.

I think your only problem with it is that President Trump along with his point men on the Corona issue, Mr. Kushner and VP Pence, are working hard to get this to work and you just don't want to see him succeed.

My aunt is in the hospital with COVID and is 82 years old. The MSM has so poisoned people's minds that my very reasonable dad was worried because they have put her on this medicine. I had to talk him down to say, no dad, this is a really good thing. In all likelihood this will save her life. I will sleep better tonight knowing she is on this.

Thanks, Bulldog. Thanks, you liberal damn demons.

Your partisan games have real consequences.

My aunt is in the hospital with COVID and is 82 years old. The MSM has so poisoned people's minds that my very reasonable dad was worried because they have put her on this medicine. I had to talk him down to say, no dad, this is a really good thing. In all likelihood this will save her life. I will sleep better tonight knowing she is on this.

Odd that with all the discussion about the virus, you just now mention your infected aunt in the hospital. Really odd.

TDS infections are worse than Kung Flu.

Hopefully, that idiocy will not infect the world.

Odd that with all the discussion about the virus, you just now mention your infected aunt in the hospital. Really odd.

It just happened two days ago. And it's not odd at all given where I live.

Actually, a smarter idea is to increase production of the pill, so it meets the current demand. This is the kind of drug that a doctor might want to give a patient to avoid hospitalizing them at all. Being admitted to the hospital has its own health risks, many thousands of Americans croak every year from bugs they acquired as a patient

This is the kind of drug that a doctor might want to give a patient to avoid hospitalizing them at all.
That's the kind of thing the research is for--when it helps and how.

As this pestilence winds down, researchers should really be talking with doctors who did prescribe trumpicillin to their non-hospitalized Kung Flu patients and document how it worked out, so when this bug reemerges, doctors will have the data

Forum List

Back