What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With Our Victory Of Roe Being Overturned, Next Target--Same Sex Marriage!

gmeyers1944

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am also a Christian and I don't believe anything of the kind. The Bible says the soul enters the body at birth.
Wrong Dragonlady:
The Bible (NKJV) says in Jeremiah 1:5: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations".

Peace

Diamond Member
Reaction score
How about this we overturn all those things, repeal a woman right to vote and outlawing slavery and just make White Men who own land the only ones that have say?

Will that make you happy?

Now here is my opinion:

All this time I wrote that Roe vs Wade should be a state to state issue but I draw the line at going after birth control like Thomas want to do!

Also what two consenting adults do sexually behind their closed doors is their business and none of your damn business!!

Finally, a Church nor a Baker should be forced to do things that violates their religion but same sex couples have the right to benefit from what heterosexual couples enjoy as long as the State performs the Ceremony!!!

Now go for those three things and see how fast you lose seats in the House and Senate in 2024 and 2026!

jknowgood

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nobody is "grooming" your children. That's Republican bullshit. People are either gay or they're not. They're not recruiting straight kids.

If you want to worry about pedophiles, watch out for the coaches, and kids' program volunteers. That's where the pedo's hide.
Then why is there proof that kindergarten teachers are talking about their sex life to 5 year olds?

BS Filter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It was established as a right 50 years ago. You saying it isn’t doesn’t change the fact that it was and it was taken away by the court.

Do you want states to decide your gun rights? You know, democracy and all that.
Nope. Abortion was made LEGAL. The Constitution explicitly states what your rights are. Abortion isn't one of them. You've swallowed the media propaganda.
Show us where in the Constitution it allowed you to bear arms other than what was available in the 18th century….you know, the same originalist crap that decided abortion wasn’t a right.
The Constitution says you have the right to bear arms. Do you believe that these highly intelligent men thought time was going to stand still?

BS Filter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It was established as a right 50 years ago. You saying it isn’t doesn’t change the fact that it was and it was taken away by the court.

Do you want states to decide your gun rights? You know, democracy and all that.
States do decide gun laws, but they can't take away the right to bear arms. You're confused.

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
States do decide gun laws. They can't take away the right to bears arms. You're confused.
Not at all. If originalist interpretation were not done cafeteria style….your right would be limited to historic weaponry.

BS Filter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Not at all. If originalist interpretation were not done cafeteria style….your right would be limited to historic weaponry.
Says who?

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Let’s hope so. This activist count has set precedents. It is the first contort to take away a given Constitutional right.

That will be it’s legacy.
There was no constitutional right.

OP
M

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how many times the media repeats that abortion is a right, it isn't. The Supreme Court cannot give or take away rights.
Correct! Allow me to quote the great one, judge Robert Bork:

"That in turn led to Roe v. Wade and the right to abortion. Whatever one’s feelings about abortion, the decision has no constitutional foundation, and the Court offered no constitutional reasoning. Roe is nothing more than the decision of a Court majority to enlist on one side of the culture war."

gmeyers1944

Platinum Member
Reaction score
One word for you. Precedent.
The Constitution was meant to be a living breathing document that changed with the times.:)
There is only one way to change the Constitution. Amend it. Even amendments can be changed (repealed) The XVIII Amendment established prohibition. To end prohibition it was necessary to amend the Constitution. That was accomplished by passing the XXI Amendment. You cannot just ignore the Constitution if you don't like part of it.

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And militias...limiting the age of gun rights to 17-48 and male only

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Correct! Allow me to quote the great one, judge Robert Bork:

"That in turn led to Roe v. Wade and the right to abortion. Whatever one’s feelings about abortion, the decision has no constitutional foundation, and the Court offered no constitutional reasoning. Roe is nothing more than the decision of a Court majority to enlist on one side of the culture war."
BORK???

Jesus

lennypartiv

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gay marriage should be illegal.

But right now it is a comforting thought that gays who have married now suffer the same torture as heterosexuals who have married.

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to…above the other branches.

Now? Recent rulings, violating established precedents and taking away rights, have made me realize how politicized it has become.
Keep your head. Don't go over to the dark side, is my advice, but you knew I would say something like that.

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep your head. Don't go over to the dark side, is my advice, but you knew I would say something like that.
I am telling myself that nothing is permanent and in time this too can and will be overruled. It rests on far weaker foundations than the original Roe. But I don’t like to see out pr finest institution politicized like this. Established rights and law overturned regardless of consequences. Not just this, but other rulings too. Never for a moment did I think a fundamental right, established by the time I came of age, would be taken away. Dark times :(

jasonnfree

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nope. Abortion was made LEGAL. The Constitution explicitly states what your rights are. Abortion isn't one of them. You've swallowed the media propaganda.

The Constitution says you have the right to bear arms. Do you believe that these highly intelligent men thought time was going to stand still?
States do decide gun laws, but they can't take away the right to bear arms. You're confused.
The right to bear arms was mentioned along with a well regulated militia, which we don't have.

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I used to…above the other branches.

Now? Recent rulings, violating established precedents and taking away rights, have made me realize how politicized it has become.
I lost that sense of right and wrong in the SC in 2000

It's been political since then...maybe it always was

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List