With Our Victory Of Roe Being Overturned, Next Target--Same Sex Marriage!

How about this we overturn all those things, repeal a woman right to vote and outlawing slavery and just make White Men who own land the only ones that have say?

Will that make you happy?

Now here is my opinion:

All this time I wrote that Roe vs Wade should be a state to state issue but I draw the line at going after birth control like Thomas want to do!

Also what two consenting adults do sexually behind their closed doors is their business and none of your damn business!!

Finally, a Church nor a Baker should be forced to do things that violates their religion but same sex couples have the right to benefit from what heterosexual couples enjoy as long as the State performs the Ceremony!!!

Now go for those three things and see how fast you lose seats in the House and Senate in 2024 and 2026!

Nobody is "grooming" your children. That's Republican bullshit. People are either gay or they're not. They're not recruiting straight kids.

If you want to worry about pedophiles, watch out for the coaches, and kids' program volunteers. That's where the pedo's hide.
Then why is there proof that kindergarten teachers are talking about their sex life to 5 year olds?

It was established as a right 50 years ago. You saying it isn’t doesn’t change the fact that it was and it was taken away by the court.

Do you want states to decide your gun rights? You know, democracy and all that.
Nope. Abortion was made LEGAL. The Constitution explicitly states what your rights are. Abortion isn't one of them. You've swallowed the media propaganda.
Show us where in the Constitution it allowed you to bear arms other than what was available in the 18th century….you know, the same originalist crap that decided abortion wasn’t a right.
The Constitution says you have the right to bear arms. Do you believe that these highly intelligent men thought time was going to stand still?

It was established as a right 50 years ago. You saying it isn’t doesn’t change the fact that it was and it was taken away by the court.

Do you want states to decide your gun rights? You know, democracy and all that.
States do decide gun laws, but they can't take away the right to bear arms. You're confused.

States do decide gun laws. They can't take away the right to bears arms. You're confused.
Not at all. If originalist interpretation were not done cafeteria style….your right would be limited to historic weaponry.

Regardless of how many times the media repeats that abortion is a right, it isn't. The Supreme Court cannot give or take away rights.
Correct! Allow me to quote the great one, judge Robert Bork:

"That in turn led to Roe v. Wade and the right to abortion. Whatever one’s feelings about abortion, the decision has no constitutional foundation, and the Court offered no constitutional reasoning. Roe is nothing more than the decision of a Court majority to enlist on one side of the culture war."

One word for you. Precedent.
The Constitution was meant to be a living breathing document that changed with the times.:)
There is only one way to change the Constitution. Amend it. Even amendments can be changed (repealed) The XVIII Amendment established prohibition. To end prohibition it was necessary to amend the Constitution. That was accomplished by passing the XXI Amendment. You cannot just ignore the Constitution if you don't like part of it.

Not at all. If originalist interpretation were not done cafeteria style….your right would be limited to historic weaponry.
And militias...limiting the age of gun rights to 17-48 and male only

Correct! Allow me to quote the great one, judge Robert Bork:

"That in turn led to Roe v. Wade and the right to abortion. Whatever one’s feelings about abortion, the decision has no constitutional foundation, and the Court offered no constitutional reasoning. Roe is nothing more than the decision of a Court majority to enlist on one side of the culture war."
BORK???

Jesus

Gay marriage should be illegal.

But right now it is a comforting thought that gays who have married now suffer the same torture as heterosexuals who have married.

I used to…above the other branches.

Now? Recent rulings, violating established precedents and taking away rights, have made me realize how politicized it has become.
Keep your head. Don't go over to the dark side, is my advice, but you knew I would say something like that.

Keep your head. Don't go over to the dark side, is my advice, but you knew I would say something like that.
I am telling myself that nothing is permanent and in time this too can and will be overruled. It rests on far weaker foundations than the original Roe. But I don’t like to see out pr finest institution politicized like this. Established rights and law overturned regardless of consequences. Not just this, but other rulings too. Never for a moment did I think a fundamental right, established by the time I came of age, would be taken away. Dark times :(

Nope. Abortion was made LEGAL. The Constitution explicitly states what your rights are. Abortion isn't one of them. You've swallowed the media propaganda.

The Constitution says you have the right to bear arms. Do you believe that these highly intelligent men thought time was going to stand still?
States do decide gun laws, but they can't take away the right to bear arms. You're confused.
The right to bear arms was mentioned along with a well regulated militia, which we don't have.

I used to…above the other branches.

Now? Recent rulings, violating established precedents and taking away rights, have made me realize how politicized it has become.
I lost that sense of right and wrong in the SC in 2000

It's been political since then...maybe it always was

Forum List

Back