With Our Victory Of Roe Being Overturned, Next Target--Same Sex Marriage!

Nope. Abortion was made LEGAL. The Constitution explicitly states what your rights are. Abortion isn't one of them. You've swallowed the media propaganda.

The Constitution says you have the right to bear arms. Do you believe that these highly intelligent men thought time was going to stand still?

Amendment IX​

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Show us in the constitution this right.
You can’t so you won’t.
You’ve been lied to your entire life and you’re angry at everyone except those who lied to you.

Amendment IX​

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

It was established as a right 50 years ago. You saying it isn’t doesn’t change the fact that it was and it was taken away by the court.

Do you want states to decide your gun rights? You know, democracy and all that.
Segregation was established as a right in Plessy.

I am telling myself that nothing is permanent and in time this too can and will be overruled. It rests on far weaker foundations than the original Roe. But I don’t like to see out pr finest institution politicized like this. Established rights and law overturned regardless of consequences. Not just this, but other rulings too. Never for a moment did I think a fundamental right, established by the time I came of age, would be taken away. Dark times :(
Where in the Constitution is the right to an abortion?

Amendment IX​

So I can make up a right and then claim it is protected by the Ninth Amendment, eh?

And Justice Clarence Thomas concurs. This degeneracy must end. It should be outlawed. God forbids it!

That the hateful, bigoted neo-fascist authoritarian right seeks to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law comes as no surprise, of course.

That the hateful, bigoted neo-fascist authoritarian right seeks to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law comes as no surprise, of course.
The goal will be achieved. God will see to it. It will be returned to the states for the people to decide and they will then vote to end same-sex marriage/unions like they did before. It will be a MAGA moment in history.

Notice how Thomas is not targeting Loving vs Virginia?
Thomas wants to overturn Loving as well – he wants to destroy 14th Amendment jurisprudence in its entirety, giving the states free rein to do as they please.

Thomas would vote to overturn Miranda v. Arizona, Gideon v. Wainwright, and Brown v. Board of Education – ‘justified’ by “states’ rights” dogma.

This radical, extreme, activist Court wants to eliminate the Constitutional safeguards that protects the rights of minorities living in Republican-controlled states.

Thomas wants to overturn Loving as well – he wants to destroy 14th Amendment jurisprudence in its entirety, giving the states free rein to do as they please.

Thomas would vote to overturn Miranda v. Arizona, Gideon v. Wainwright, and Brown v. Board of Education – ‘justified’ by “states’ rights” dogma.

This radical, extreme, activist Court wants to eliminate the Constitutional safeguards that protects the rights of minorities living in Republican-controlled states.
Just what are the safeguards minorities think they'll be losing?

G5000 is not arguing against mixed marriage, he’s arguing that the same arguments that overturn Roe versus Wade can overturn the right of racially mixed couples to marry.
Correct – these cases are all interrelated, the progeny of the same Fourteenth Amendment jurisprudence; invalidate one case and all the other cases are in jeopardy of being likewise invalidated.

It was established as a right 50 years ago. You saying it isn’t doesn’t change the fact that it was and it was taken away by the court.

Do you want states to decide your gun rights? You know, democracy and all that.
Exactly – here we see the hypocrisy of the right, conservatives’ inconsistent support for “states’ rights.”

Show us in the constitution this right.
You can’t so you won’t.
You’ve been lied to your entire life and you’re angry at everyone except those who lied to you.
There’s nothing in the Second Amendment about an individual right to possess a firearm or a right to self-defense.

Those rights are just as ‘made up’ and the right to privacy.

I am telling myself that nothing is permanent and in time this too can and will be overruled. It rests on far weaker foundations than the original Roe. But I don’t like to see out pr finest institution politicized like this. Established rights and law overturned regardless of consequences. Not just this, but other rulings too. Never for a moment did I think a fundamental right, established by the time I came of age, would be taken away. Dark times :(
It could be 30 or 40 years before the Supreme Court overturns Dobbs, and the courts again defend the right to privacy – and that’s not certain given the unpredictable, capricious process of who is in the WH when a vacancy manifests on the Court.

During that time some red states will turn blue, repealing or no longer enforcing anti-privacy rights measures, but women will continue to suffer in the remaining ban states.

Yes, dark times indeed, and the worst is yet to come as the Nation grows more divided, with repressive, authoritarian red states at odds with free blue states; we haven’t seen such division since before the Civil War.

Forum List

Back