Wisconsin will be 25th State with right-to-work.

Actually it's a right to work for minimum wage.

A right to work only part-time.

A right to be terminated for any reason having nothing to do with job performance.

A right to receive no pay raises.

A right to have no opportunity for advancement.

Most of the South 'pioneered' the doctrine of 'right to work' decades ago, and today we see the chronic poverty and reliance on public assistance that's the consequence of 'right to work.'
I suspect you have just listed what your work history looks like.......when you had a job. LOL

Actually it's a right to work for minimum wage.

A right to work only part-time.

A right to be terminated for any reason having nothing to do with job performance.

A right to receive no pay raises.

A right to have no opportunity for advancement.

Most of the South 'pioneered' the doctrine of 'right to work' decades ago, and today we see the chronic poverty and reliance on public assistance that's the consequence of 'right to work.'
I suspect you have just listed what your work history looks like.......when you had a job. LOL

It really goes to the Leftist mentality that a job is owed to people, and not only a job, but a certain level of income, regardless of the market value of their skill set and labor. They are the ones demanding McDonald's pay $15/hr, even though the market for fast foot cannot sustain such a wage. Small businesses are being killed in San Francisco because of their draconian minimum wage hike.

Leftists suck at math and have no grasp of how economies work.

Wisconsin is set to become the 25th right-to-work state
Wisconsin is poised to strip union power even further after the state Assembly passed a so-called right-to-work bill Friday, which Gov. Scott Walker (R) has vowed to sign.

Once signed, the bill will make Wisconsin the 25th state to pass a right-to-work law. Neighboring Michigan and Indiana passed right-to-work laws in late 2012. In states without such laws, employees can be compelled to pay union dues even if they don’t want to become members if they benefit from union-negotiated contracts.

The Wisconsin bill was rushed through the legislature after being introduced late last month to avoid a repeat of the massive protests over similar union restrictions four years ago. The bill passed in a party-line vote, with no Democrats supporting it.

“It’s prudent to not let this languish for months,” state Sen. Steve Nass (R) told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. In 2011, tens of thousands of protesters turned out in opposition to a bill curtailing public employee union power, which eventually became law. Thousands of workers protested last week as senators debated the right-to-work bill, according to reports.

Though he called the debate a “distraction” in December, Walker has also said that he supports the measure. In an interview with The Washington Post last month, he said that he “absolutely” would sign the bill.

During last year’s legislative session, right-to-work laws were proposed in 20 states, though none passed them. This year, lawmakers have proposed versions of such laws in New Mexico, New Hampshire, Ohio and Missouri. The table below shows all state action on right-to-work, according to the bipartisan National Conference of State Legislatures.

Wisconsin is set to become the 25th right-to-work state - The Washington Post

Soon states that protect the rights and freedom of working people will outnumber those still under the shadow of union mafia thugs. It also should be noticed that the in the Leftwatisphere, protests have lost a lot of steam, sometimes only a half dozen protesters still keeping the faith. That's what I enjoy even more than Wisconsin adopting right to work, the demoralization of the Left. They are losers and they lost again.

"Billionaire Koch brothers gave $8 million to Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker recall campaign, Dem chair says"
Billionaire Koch brothers gave 8 million to Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker recall campaign Dem chair says PolitiFact Wisconsin

For $8 mil I'm sure Gov. Walker'd kill his own parents.
So fucking what asshole? How much money has Soros given the LIBs to help them politically? Not to mention the Hollywood elite.
Don't be a LIB whiner.

Great!

The right to work for less money and poorer working conditions.

You expect this kind of stupidity in the South, but the Midwest, I thought they knew better.

Right, because people can't negotiate wages and working conditions for themselves. They need unions to do that, all the while the unions are cutting them off at the knees by pushing for amnesty so that some wetback can take their job.

Have you noticed wages are stagnant? Thank the war on unions.

Wages are stagnant because you say so? I have plenty of opportunities and make plenty of money to support my family right here in Red State Right-to work Idaho. No I haven't noticed "wages are stagnant". This might be like when you Leftists predicted the streets would run red with blood if we allowed more concealed carry. Somehow none of your dire predictions come true.

So it's all over the news and you still somehow miss it? Impressive.

WASHINGTON Amid stagnant wages Washington mulls how to boost income Economy McClatchy DC

Great!

You expect this kind of stupidity in the South, but the Midwest, I thought they knew better.

Right, because people can't negotiate wages and working conditions for themselves. They need unions to do that, all the while the unions are cutting them off at the knees by pushing for amnesty so that some wetback can take their job.

Thank obama energy policy.

Great!

Why?

Great!

Wages are stagnant because you say so? I have plenty of opportunities and make plenty of money to support my family right here in Red State Right-to work Idaho. No I haven't noticed "wages are stagnant". This might be like when you Leftists predicted the streets would run red with blood if we allowed more concealed carry. Somehow none of your dire predictions come true.

WASHINGTON Amid stagnant wages Washington mulls how to boost income Economy McClatchy DC

Looks like the Obama administration has failed.

Great!

Why?
The added burden of overhead prevents growth and wages require growth in order to increase.

Great!

Why?
The added burden of overhead prevents growth and wages require growth in order to increase.

I don't think there is a great future in energy. What jobs are you talking about?

Why?

I don't think there is a great future in energy. What jobs are you talking about?
I'm not talking about energy jobs. I'm talking about the impact of increased energy costs on all aspects of the economy. That is what has slowed and prevented growth. Obama energy policy.

Great!

Hey, genius, we're not talking about national trends, we're talking about states, right to work states verses union controlled states. Go back and read the OP again, somehow you missed the point.

Unless I'm reading right to work wrong and yes each states laws vary but what it basically boils down to is you don't have to join a union if you don't want to nor are you prevented from joining. The indvivdual can decide for themselves without being punished either way I fail to see any problem with this I have zero intrest in joining a union I also have no intrest in stopping someone else from joining.

Great!

Hey, genius, we're not talking about national trends, we're talking about states, right to work states verses union controlled states. Go back and read the OP again, somehow you missed the point.

Yes and the more right to work we get and the fewer unions, wages become stagnant nationally. If you look at union vs non union jobs, union workers get paid more and have better benefits. Just look at auto workers.

Wisconsin is poised to strip union power even further after the state Assembly passed a so-called right-to-work bill Friday, which Gov. Scott Walker (R) has vowed to sign.

Once signed, the bill will make Wisconsin the 25th state to pass a right-to-work law. Neighboring Michigan and Indiana passed right-to-work laws in late 2012. In states without such laws, employees can be compelled to pay union dues even if they don’t want to become members if they benefit from union-negotiated contracts.

The Wisconsin bill was rushed through the legislature after being introduced late last month to avoid a repeat of the massive protests over similar union restrictions four years ago. The bill passed in a party-line vote, with no Democrats supporting it.

“It’s prudent to not let this languish for months,” state Sen. Steve Nass (R) told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. In 2011, tens of thousands of protesters turned out in opposition to a bill curtailing public employee union power, which eventually became law. Thousands of workers protested last week as senators debated the right-to-work bill, according to reports.

Though he called the debate a “distraction” in December, Walker has also said that he supports the measure. In an interview with The Washington Post last month, he said that he “absolutely” would sign the bill.

During last year’s legislative session, right-to-work laws were proposed in 20 states, though none passed them. This year, lawmakers have proposed versions of such laws in New Mexico, New Hampshire, Ohio and Missouri. The table below shows all state action on right-to-work, according to the bipartisan National Conference of State Legislatures.

Soon states that protect the rights and freedom of working people will outnumber those still under the shadow of union mafia thugs. It also should be noticed that the in the Leftwatisphere, protests have lost a lot of steam, sometimes only a half dozen protesters still keeping the faith. That's what I enjoy even more than Wisconsin adopting right to work, the demoralization of the Left. They are losers and they lost again.
"Right to work" should mean being hired simply for presenting oneself to an employer and ask for work.

Yes and the more right to work we get and the fewer unions, wages become stagnant nationally. If you look at union vs non union jobs, union workers get paid more and have better benefits. Just look at auto workers.
I'm looking at everyone else who isn't in the union and suffers from artificially inflated goods and property prices. Leftists love to talk about the people who got left behind....except when they got left behind by unions.

"Right to work" should mean being hired simply for presenting oneself to an employer and ask for work.
No it shouldn't.

I'm looking at everyone else who isn't in the union and suffers from artificially inflated goods and property prices. Leftists love to talk about the people who got left behind....except when they got left behind by unions.

What is it you think are artificially inflated? So much is imported now unions don't touch it in any way.

What is it you think are artificially inflated? So much is imported now unions don't touch it in any way.
I posted that info on this thread already. My work is done.

Forum List

Back