Winner

Why? The standard Plaid does 0 to 60 in 2 seconds, 9.23 second quarter mile. 200 mph top end. The only thing the Plaid + did better was a 500+ range. However, I would not be surprised to see that become standard in the long range S by 2023. And by that time the Cyber truck will be out, eating Ford's lunch. I expect to see the Y and 3 also given more range. Tesla is still coming on strong, delivering superior vehicles in every category.

Fast on the street, faster on the track;

nice run!

Reminds me of the one and only time I drove, white knuckled, up Decker Canyon in CA

I had a 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500, 300 hp 390, 4 sp. Put over a $1000 into the suspension in 1964. Always thought it cornered well for a Detroit lead sled. Didn't realize how well until I watched a few of these races.

Dang Ray........never knew you owned a Galaxie? :omg: I'd love to own one now!! I always thought you were a Chevy guy

Given a choice between a mint '63 Galaxie 4sp and a Tesla Plaid, Id take the Ford all day.....but I'd take that Ford over most any other new muscle car. Also prefer an R34 Skyline GTR.......or a '55 Benz 300SL.......'70 Chevelle SS ( I thought you actually had one of these ).

Last edited:
Why? The standard Plaid does 0 to 60 in 2 seconds, 9.23 second quarter mile. 200 mph top end. The only thing the Plaid + did better was a 500+ range. However, I would not be surprised to see that become standard in the long range S by 2023. And by that time the Cyber truck will be out, eating Ford's lunch. I expect to see the Y and 3 also given more range. Tesla is still coming on strong, delivering superior vehicles in every category.

0-62 mph in 2 is an irrelevant measure since 95% of driving are done in the cities, where it isn't above 40 mph 95% of the time.

I never cared about how quick they accelerate from 0, most cars by default accelerate fast enough as it is for effective driving.

Dang Ray........never knew you owned a Galaxie? :omg: I'd love to own one now!! I always thought you were a Chevy guy

Given a choice between a mint '63 Galaxie 4sp and a Tesla Plaid, Id take the Ford all day.....but I'd take that Ford over most any other new muscle car. Also prefer an R34 Skyline GTR.......or a '55 Benz 300SL.......'70 Chevelle SS ( I thought you actually had one of these ).
I bought that used in Jan64. In June64, put $1000 into the suspension, a small fortune at that time for an entry level mechanic. Never bothered with doing anything to the engine, the 300 hp was more than adequate for street fun. Could not beat Chevy Impalas on acceleration, but they could not stay in sight of me on backroads.

:deal: :funnyface: :funnyface: :funnyface: :deal:

nOt a tEsLa

And it wont explode into flames!:biggrin:

That's good. More competition the better. However, what does one off the showroom floor do?

Forum List

Back