Windows 7

Limited compatibility? I've been a happy Mac user since 1987. The only compatibility difference I've noticed is the malware and viruses that routinely infect the WinTel world don't bother me.

:)

I've always used Windows. Never had a problem with malware and viruses. Malware and viruses are user created problems, and not specific to OS.
explain please.

It's quite simple. If you're stupid enough to open emails from people you don't know, click on ads promising you free stuff, or download files that you aren't aware of what they really are, you're going to get viruses. If you know better than to do those things, you're much less likely to get viruses. Mac, nor Windows, nor Linux, can protect people from their own ignorance.

I've always used Windows. Never had a problem with malware and viruses. Malware and viruses are user created problems, and not specific to OS.
explain please.

It's quite simple. If you're stupid enough to open emails from people you don't know, click on ads promising you free stuff, or download files that you aren't aware of what they really are, you're going to get viruses. If you know better than to do those things, you're much less likely to get viruses. Mac, nor Windows, nor Linux, can protect people from their own ignorance.

:clap2:

thank you. just as I thought. :cool:

Just got back from vacation and dumped over 300 pics onto the laptop. Very pleased to see them automatically placed in a folder with today's date. Right click and rename. Bingo. Kinda groovy.

Oh- and sticky notes. Love 'em. :D

Windows seven is just now getting to sticky notes? They have been part of the mac universe since system 9, I think back in 98

Multiple rename has been around in the mac universe since OSX first came out, as it is a normal Unix function.

I have been hearing about IE9 for a while. It is only 18% W3 compliant. And they are sticking with active X. Which is still a huge security hole.

Untitled-22.jpg

hey mac junkies... still enjoying that marginal slice of the market? How is limited compatibility treating you?

:thup:

Limited compatibility? I've been a happy Mac user since 1987. The only compatibility difference I've noticed is the malware and viruses that routinely infect the WinTel world don't bother me.

then you clearly haven't been exposed to everything that they rest of us have been enjoying for a decade and a half.

Hey, i bet you might finally get warcraft II on mac this year!

Yeah, dialers, trojans, viruses and worms, oh my!

Last edited:

then you clearly haven't been exposed to everything that they rest of us have been enjoying for a decade and a half.

Nice try, but the myth that Windows exposes you to more malware than Mac is just that...a myth. Read my explanation above. Most people who get viruses do so because they are too stupid to know better. It's also common knowledge that Mac appeals to the "more than average" user AND that way more people use Windows. So it's not that Mac offers any better protection. It's that Mac has a smaller and more sophisticated user base, and so there are a larger number of attacks on Windows users than Mac.

Nice try, but the myth that Windows exposes you to more malware than Mac is just that...a myth. Read my explanation above. Most people who get viruses do so because they are too stupid to know better. It's also common knowledge that Mac appeals to the "more than average" user AND that way more people use Windows. So it's not that Mac offers any better protection. It's that Mac has a smaller and more sophisticated user base, and so there are a larger number of attacks on Windows users than Mac.

Whatever, keep believing that if it makes you sleep better a night. The vast majority of attacks are on Windows users simply because windows is the most used OS. Oh and by the way no one likes a true snob, try rephrasing your "because they're too stupid" approach. Might I suggest untrained or uninitiated ......

i've never had a dialer or worm. Viruses and Trojans aren't going to leap out of your laptop and spear you with a harpoon. Maybe it's time for you to take off the big helmet and elbow pads when you touch a keyboard....

exactly true. It's fucking hilarious to see fanboys insist that apple os's are impervious to hacking just because Steve Job's emaciated, skeletal halo told them so.

i've never had a dialer or worm. Viruses and Trojans aren't going to leap out of your laptop and spear you with a harpoon. Maybe it's time for you to take off the big helmet and elbow pads when you touch a keyboard....

Hi Skippy!!
I knew you'd bite! Hook, line and sinker! Thanks for being so predictable. Have fun!

Hi Skippy!!
I knew you'd bite! Hook, line and sinker! Thanks for being so predictable. Have fun!

:eusa_eh:

errr.. what? This is a message board. You are not quite as precognitive when someone posts in a thread as your mommy told you that you were.

Hi Skippy!!

:eusa_eh:

errr.. what? This is a message board. You are not quite as precognitive when someone posts in a thread as your mommy told you that you were.

Figured that out all on you own did ya? Precognition has absolutely nothing to do with recognizing patterned responses. I'm sure Pavlov would have something to say about that.

hey mac junkies... still enjoying that marginal slice of the market? How is limited compatibility treating you?

:thup:

That. Plus, if you're a bad guy, you're going to write something to harm the largest group possible.

I have Win 7 on my laptop. I like it. Linux is and will always be my OS of choice, but Win 7 is a good operating system. MacOS is my least favorite. All comes down to personal preference, in my view. Apart from that there's really not much reason for the average user to prefer one to the other (except maybe price differences).

I have Win 7 on my laptop. I like it. Linux is and will always be my OS of choice, but Win 7 is a good operating system. MacOS is my least favorite. All comes down to personal preference, in my view. Apart from that there's really not much reason for the average user to prefer one to the other (except maybe price differences).

yeah and for the fact all the new computers now come with that .my new desk top came with it.

Forum List

Back