Windows 11 has arrived!

As for Windows 11... am I really the first one to notice it looks just like the MAC desktop??
And not just the fact the icons appear on a bottom translucent panel... but in the video it provides examples of how when you drag it around it wobbles a bit and you can sticky them together etc. A MAC has done that for 10 years.
Even the screensavers look like a MAC desktop.
I have not seen blatant copying like this in yeeeaaars.

Actually I think it has more of a KDE/Gnome mix look to it more than a Mac look.

As for Windows 11... am I really the first one to notice it looks just like the MAC desktop??
And not just the fact the icons appear on a bottom translucent panel... but in the video it provides examples of how when you drag it around it wobbles a bit and you can sticky them together etc. A MAC has done that for 10 years.

Actually I think it has more of a KDE/Gnome mix look to it more than a Mac look.
I haven't seen KDE for awhile.
To me the light gray borderless and round cornered windows, the translucent/centered app bar at bottom of screen and the wobble/sticky effects of the windows when moving around the screen. MACos has been like that for 20 years now.
But at any rate... Microsoft has never known how to be stylish, so they have to mirror other OS styles to look better.

Windows XP was perfect. I miss it.

Easy to work with, easy to find your way around the system, easy to change what needed to be changed, more options, less migraines working with.
Close. I was a dev for Whistler(XP).
I was a creator for 2000 lite.
XP went too far.
Haven't run any Microsoft since
It's all garbage but Billy own millions in hardware outfits and"windows specific" software outfits, like Adopey. Fuck'em
Their target audience is people too stupid to learn, without paying for it, to feel a "need"
Humans are idiots.

I haven't seen KDE for awhile.
To me the light gray borderless and round cornered windows, the translucent/centered app bar at bottom of screen and the wobble/sticky effects of the windows when moving around the screen. MACos has been like that for 20 years now.
But at any rate... Microsoft has never known how to be stylish, so they have to mirror other OS styles to look better.
Openbox...OK. I tweaked it "a little" No TV so what else can an old man do ?
Screenshot_2021-06-09_06-56-40.png

Weatherman2020
That´s BS. There is a Workaround provided by Microsoft itself.
You’re ignorant on all topics.
“If you own a laptop that's more than four years old, then Microsoft thinks your PC shouldn’t run Windows 11. The company has released a list of CPUs that will officially support Windows 11—and it suggests that AMD and Intel processors launched before late-2017 won’t support the OS.”

Weatherman2020
That´s BS. There is a Workaround provided by Microsoft itself.
You’re ignorant on all topics.
“If you own a laptop that's more than four years old, then Microsoft thinks your PC shouldn’t run Windows 11. The company has released a list of CPUs that will officially support Windows 11—and it suggests that AMD and Intel processors launched before late-2017 won’t support the OS.”

Can´t say for the release version but I installed it with my 2012 AMD CPU without Secure Boot and TPM. How ignorant can my experience be?

Microsoft gives 10 years of support for any of its operating systems. It pretty much always has. Support for Win10 ends October 2025.

Apple gives 5 years. Microsoft looks darn good in comparison.

More fucking garbage geared for brain dead dolts and corporate whores. I haven't used that shit in 24 years.Don't BUY computers either. Do your research and if you arent smart enough to use a Phillips head screwdriver find a 15 year old gameboy who is. Beware of gameboys to some extent. Those morons are infatuated with unnecessary bullshit too.You'll have fans everywhere and water coolers and flashing lights and shit.
You can build a damn good computer for computing for $600-800.
I got three that didn't work from a guy I know and swapped parts around and fixed two of them.

i miss windows XP. i liked windows 8 & got a free upgrade to windows 10 because i had purchased a laptop right b4 they released W 10 & hated it... ended up going back to W8. now i just got a new netbook & just as i am getting used to W10, i'll be bumped up again god damn it.

Microsoft gives 10 years of support for any of its operating systems. It pretty much always has. Support for Win10 ends October 2025.

Apple gives 5 years. Microsoft looks darn good in comparison.
Yeah... except it takes them at least 5 years to get a new OS working well.
Windows XP, probably their best overall OS to date - was absolute garbage for it's first 2 years.
Windows 8 was the first OS in he history of M$ where PC makers refused to ship with it. It was terrible.
People were actually not buying new PC's to avoid it.
Microsoft from it's inception, has built poor operating systems. Took several years to correct them, only to make a new one again and start the whole process all over again. That has been their business model for 25 years.
Apple is quite different.
Once Apple finally gave up on the old outdated and flaky as hell MacOs in favor of the X series - their systems became immensely more stable.
And Apple's hardware is expensive, but at last at least twice as long as an average PC. There are plenty of iMacs in daily operation that are 15 years old and older.

The latest versions of Apple's software don't even come with a plastic toy in box. They really should - so you'd get something of value.

One of the recent new versions broke hundreds of programs folks used regularly and forced them to buy new versions with features they didn't want and without features they had depended upon.

When it came time earlier this month to replace an ancient MacBook Air the choice was a dirt-cheap Chromebook. It does everything I need for travel and, yeah,I knew I was getting screwed but at least the price was about 80% LESS than the MacBook I would have had to buy to get the same level of utility that suits my travel needs.

As to Windows....well is it said: Friends don't let friends do Windows. But at least the latest versions are consistent. Consistently crap. With Windows you always know exactly what you're going to get.

Screwed.

The latest versions of Apple's software don't even come with a plastic toy in box. They really should - so you'd get something of value.

One of the recent new versions broke hundreds of programs folks used regularly and forced them to buy new versions with features they didn't want and without features they had depended upon.

When it came time earlier this month to replace an ancient MacBook Air the choice was a dirt-cheap Chromebook. It does everything I need for travel and, yeah,I knew I was getting screwed but at least the price was about 80% LESS than the MacBook I would have had to buy to get the same level of utility that suits my travel needs.

As to Windows....well is it said: Friends don't let friends do Windows. But at least the latest versions are consistent. Consistently crap. With Windows you always know exactly what you're going to get.

Screwed.
I may go to Windows 11 in a year or two after the first 700,000,000 Win 11 users file their complaints.

I was very pleased to learn the 12 computers that support the broadcast automation system here are old enough that they cannot be corrupted with Windows 11. After more than a year I'm finally within smelling distance of correcting all the problems Windows 10 created after a forced upgrade due to security concerns.

When the whining begins to "upgrade" the cost of replacing all 12 should be enough deterrent to keep things under control. Until these damned thing actually crap out entirely.

Screwed.
It can be said with surety that Apple placed the PC on the backburner 10 years ago. They focused on phones. And it worked obviously.
They went from a company barely getting by to the most profitable company in the world.
The iMac has remained nearly unchanged for 15 years.

This is a 2010 iMac:

2011.jpg

And a 2020 iMac:

2021.jpg

Only difference is it is thinner.
If you listen closely, you can hear Jobs screaming.

Screwed.
It can be said with surety that Apple placed the PC on the backburner 10 years ago. They focused on phones. And it worked obviously.
They went from a company barely getting by to the most profitable company in the world.
The iMac has remained nearly unchanged for 15 years.

This is a 2010 iMac:

View attachment 510407

And a 2020 iMac:

View attachment 510408

Only difference is it is thinner.
If you listen closely, you can hear Jobs screaming.
My Daughter's Mac Book is still humming after 15 years; show me a Windows laptop that can do that.

Forum List

Back