Windows 10 worse than Windows ME

It's just some built in glitch that makes the computer write to C drive 100% and brings everything else to a stop. It's not virus, it's not Malware, it just Windows 10 in action. I looked up the fixed and you have to do computer (re)programming to try to fix it. It's just another "FUCK YOU!!!!" from Microsoft that they don't give a fuck about all the complaints they're getting and won't fix it

My employer's laptop has issues with running slow...now I'm thinking it is probably some version of this problem. I'm going to see if one of the fixes work over the next week or so.
ComputerAnger05.gif~c200

I've had a lot of other things to do, but I was able to try a couple of fixes on the laptop. The early indications are that it worked. We'll see as time goes on and it gets used. :dunno:

I'm going to be installing 10 when I put my new PC together sometime after this weekend...but I'll be ready to go back to 7 if it works terribly. :p
If it installs properly, no problems crop up, then I find it's not really a bad OS. Oh I bad mouth it all the time but it's not the operating system per se that I have issues with, it's aspects of what M$ stuck on it that I can't control.

And that is the crux.
Windows 10 is essentially Windows 7 monetized. Or perhaps more accurate "pre-monetized".
M$ wants to monetize the OS. Sell ad space to all comers, and use the information the user punches in, ragardless of the programs they use - and collect that data to sell to companies to target advertising to you.
Problem with that is obvious, the priority in this relationship is not you - it is the advertisers.
That's why how to turn off ads on Win 10 articles are all over the net. We'll see how long that lasts before Microsoft won't let us turn the ads off.............

I have absolutely no idea why any of you are having trouble with Windows 10. I've had it since it came out and have not had a single problem with it other than the upgrades that come along infrequently with lots of warning.
Same for me i got no problem at all so far.The only thing I can talk about a fault about Window 10 is that it does not recognize older games bought on the net

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea why any of you are having trouble with Windows 10. I've had it since it came out and have not had a single problem with it other than the upgrades that come along infrequently with lots of warning.
Same for me i got no problem at all so far.The only thing I can talk about a fault about Window 10 is that it does not recognize older games bought on the net
Yeah, that’s one of the worst things about Microsoft. Every time they roll out a new OS, a lot of your old programs are no longer compatible.

Yeah, that’s one of the worst things about Microsoft. Every time they roll out a new OS, a lot of your old programs are no longer compatible.
It wasn't as bad until Win10 came out, now with every upgrade some third party software no longer works or has to be reinstalled.

I have a lot of small games that I bought on Bigfish website but old games do not work anymore they changed their procedure I could not put my games in a folder or copy it to a hard drive.
I stopped my subscription because I have lots of games on my screen.

I have a lot of small games that I bought on Bigfish website but old games do not work anymore they changed their procedure I could not put my games in a folder or copy it to a hard drive.

Just sayin...most of those games will probably work on Win 10.
You just need to know how.
Many times all you need to do is right-click the install file, go to Compatibility and change it to whatever is a more appropriate mode. Many times that is all you need to do.
If that doesn't work, or it does weird things, research a little on the net and someone has probably made a modified .exe file that will work.
One of my most favorite games of all time - Red Alert. Works in WinXP mode with a modified ,exe file flawlessly.

Many times all you need to do is right-click the install file, go to Compatibility and change it to whatever is a more appropriate mode. Many times that is all you need to do.
If that doesn't work, or it does weird things, research a little on the net and someone has probably made a modified .exe file that will work.
One of my most favorite games of all time - Red Alert. Works in WinXP mode with a modified ,exe file flawlessly.
You mean I can change it and for it to work I can put it to the old version of window I know it worked for the titanic PC game with my old computer

titanic-mac.jpg

You mean I can change it and for it to work I can put it to the old version of window I know it worked for the titanic PC game with my old computer

titanic-mac.jpg

Yes.
Pretty much everything works in Windows XP compatability mode, if it is going to work at all.

titanic-mac.jpg

Yes.
Pretty much everything works in Windows XP compatability mode, if it is going to work at all.

That great, i will try tomorrow:thup:

Interesting.

Other than the tracking, I've not had a problem with Windows 10. It has never crashed on Me and I leave it up and running for months at a time.

The disk utilization issue did occur a few years back, but it turned out to be the antivirus suite I was using. I switched to Webroot and haven't had a problem since.

titanic-mac.jpg

Yes.

That great, i will try tomorrow:thup:

Some things only work on XP, or 98 ..or 95.

Ofc you can use emulators and modern hardware. :eek:

Virtual PC, like Margot does. 12 diff comps on her desktop, all trolling.

You have to enable the virtual stuff in the BIOS, though.

Mine's turned off. IDGAF.

Interesting.

Other than the tracking, I've not had a problem with Windows 10. It has never crashed on Me and I leave it up and running for months at a time.

The disk utilization issue did occur a few years back, but it turned out to be the antivirus suite I was using. I switched to Webroot and haven't had a problem since.

For the most part, in the home setting, WIn10 will work just fine. Besides the annoying hour long upgrades and tracking/selling everything you do.
In the business setting, where there are far more specific requirements, it is a nightmare.
Just Google it.....

I spent over 100 hours of my life with tech support trying to correct the, had to be intentional, flaws in Windows ME.

Now Microsoft has outdone themselves with Windows 10 and the 100% C Drive continuous error.

This will finally be the thing that makes me go to Apple.

It's truly unfuckingbelievable that MSFT is still in business. It's only their backdoor to the NSA that allows them to stay in business

I switched to Apple around five years ago and couldnt be happier.
No viruses since and it's perfect for surfing the net if thats all you plan to do with it.

Interesting.

For the most part, in the home setting, WIn10 will work just fine. Besides the annoying hour long upgrades and tracking/selling everything you do.
In the business setting, where there are far more specific requirements, it is a nightmare.
Just Google it.....
Huh. I use Windows Pro at work and have never had a problem with it. I'm not saying that there isn't problems, every computer O/S has them (those who say they don't are full of shit). Still, Windows wouldn't be successful if their business suite was so buggy that it would be dropped for something inferior, like an Apple product.:badgrin:

Interesting.

Just Google it.....
Huh. I use Windows Pro at work and have never had a problem with it. I'm not saying that there isn't problems, every computer O/S has them (those who say they don't are full of shit). Still, Windows wouldn't be successful if their business suite was so buggy that it would be dropped for something inferior, like an Apple product.:badgrin:

I didn't say Windows Pro, I said Win10.
Having said that, based on many years of experience... Apple OSX is probably the most stable/problem free OS on the market.
We have OSX all in ones that are nearing 12 years old that still do everything great...and not one thing has been done to them.
Just doesn't happen on the PC side.
I am speaking of course of the desktop market and not servers, and there is no argument who wins that.
And BTW - just sayin, OSX servers were an abomination. OMG were they horrible. We bought two of them around 2001 I think it was....both mothballed within a year.

Interesting.

Just Google it.....

Having said that, based on many years of experience... Apple OSX is probably the most stable/problem free OS on the market.
We have OSX all in ones that are nearing 12 years old that still do everything great...and not one thing has been done to them.
I am speaking of course of the desktop market and not servers, and there is no argument who wins that.
And BTW - just sayin, OSX servers were an abomination. OMG were they horrible. We bought two of them around 2001 I think it was....both mothballed within a year.

I cringed when I made the decision to try Apple products out after so many problems with Windows.
Other than a few minor issues they've worked flawlessly.

Although I have a strong urge to put duct tape over the apple to avoid looking like a hipster.

Interesting.

Just Google it.....

I cringed when I made the decision to try Apple products out after so many problems with Windows.
Other than a few minor issues they've worked flawlessly.

Although I have a strong urge to put duct tape over the apple to avoid looking like a hipster.

OSX is an elegant, clean and trouble free OS.
Anyone who says otherwise is either speaking out of ignorance or just hating.
The problem with Apple, IMO, is it's severe proprietary methods and "we know better than you" culture.
Having said that...Jobs proved more than once, like it or not, he indeed knew better than us in what we wanted.

Interesting.

Just Google it.....

Apple, the original dataminers. Are you Manson, wtf?

Is this USMB or zelifcam?

Forum List

Back