Will US Troops Fire On US Citizens?

There are enough foreigners serving in our military to make the question moot. There are enough gang bangers in the military and if all those aren't enough, the UN will supply troops to make sure there are.

What do YOU know about our military?

Probably much more than you do because I pay attention.

Military may Recruit Foreigners

And since Sept. 11, 2001, the number of immigrants in uniform who have become U.S. citizens has increased from 750 in 2001 to almost 4,600 last year, according to military statistics.

With severe manpower strains because of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan -- and a mandate to expand the overall size of the military -- the Pentagon is under pressure to consider a variety of proposals involving foreign recruits, according to a military affairs analyst.

FBI Says Gangs Infiltrating the US Military

The U.S. military is facing a "significant criminal threat" from gangs, including prison and biker gangs, whose members have found their way into the ranks, according to an FBI-led investigation.

Some gang members get into the military to escape the streets, but then end up reconnecting once in, while others target the services specifically for the combat and weapons training, the National Gang Intelligence Center says in a just-released 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment/Emerging Trends.

Thank you for this opportunity to educate you since you won't do it yourself.

4,600? :lol::lol::lol: Be still my heart.

I served for 21 years in the military....you?

FYI - the military does allow non-citizens to enlist in the military. But they must attain citizenship or they cannot re-enlist, and so their influence is quite minimal. And let me say this further about them and the gangbangers and such: the military has some bad people in it, as we've seen in the news every so often. Most get weeded out in basic training, you either conform or you get kicked out for the most part. Trust me, those TIs are good at finding and eliminating the malcontents, although a few do get through. But the foreigners, the gangbangers, the bad element, guys know who they're sharing a foxhole with, or who the guys are in their outfit that they can trust and who they can't. Doesn't matter what their background is, it's not like ordinary natural Americans don't have problems too. So this issue is making a mountainout of a very small molehill.

I doubt that the troops would even think twice about it. They have a previous history of doing it.

Bull fuckin shit.:cuckoo:

It started early in America when George Washington led 15,000 militia to quell the rebellion in PA against the Whiskey tax.

Militia/National Guard troops have been used against American citizens several times since.

Then lets not forget the Civil War.

I doubt that the troops would even think twice about it. They have a previous history of doing it.

It started early in America when George Washington led 15,000 militia to quell the rebellion in PA against the Whiskey tax.

Militia/National Guard troops have been used against American citizens several times since.

Well I understand that, US National Guard troops also fired on people during the Watts Riots, but the poster I was responding to said the troops have a previous history of doing it, which troops is he talking about? I served in the Military from 2000-2007, never had to fire on any US Civilians, I still know people serving and they haven't had to either, my point is THIS Military has no experience firing upon crowds of American Civilians. The things we are talking about happened before our troops today were even born.

lets forget you !!!

What you say is true; my problem is with Desperado's assertion that the troops wouldn't think twice about firing on American citizens. Yeah, they would, I hope we never put them in a position to face that situation. I do not appreciate the notion that US soldiers would easily open fire with no qualms about it. As HG says, that is Bull Fuckin' Shit.

Regular troops? So long as their commanders tell them the order is lawful; (whether it is or not) yes, they will, without hesitation. Which I suppose means, that if The Anointed One were to declare Martial Law, I'll find myself facing our own guys; sad; friendly fire....isn't.

How come the only people here I see using terms like that to refer to our President are Righties?

Our way of mocking the way some of his young followers almost deified him in the last campaign. To me, he's an empty suit, a younger, more eloquent version of John Kerry, a Liberal ideologue and political hack who has never held a real job-just an academic and community activist who stands for everything I despise politically, and not very much that I am for politically. We see him like your side saw Bush. Personally I see him as another Ivy League, intellectual snob (I never have yet met one I liked); a permanent civilian, who never served his country (Ivy Leaguers consider themselves too good for that), who never learned the first thing about discipline, leadership or respect, much less courage; and in recent times, a pompous ass as well. In short, I don't like the man, as a president, or as a person; not someone I'd care to share a drink and conversation with, under any circumstances. I don't have any problem figuring out that someone who refers to people like me as "the enemy" is in fact, my enemy. I'll support him beyond the water's edge out of respect for the office; but I will oppose him here at home and do all I can to defeat him in November.

What you say is true; my problem is with Desperado's assertion that the troops wouldn't think twice about firing on American citizens. Yeah, they would, I hope we never put them in a position to face that situation. I do not appreciate the notion that US soldiers would easily open fire with no qualms about it. As HG says, that is Bull Fuckin' Shit.

Yup, like I said our Troops currently serving never had to fire upon crowds of their fellow citizens, to say they would just do it and not care is bullshit. Comments like that just show far the divide is now between our civilian sector and our Military/Veterans, civilians really don't know shit about the Military.

Well I understand that, US National Guard troops also fired on people during the Watts Riots, but the poster I was responding to said the troops have a previous history of doing it, which troops is he talking about? I served in the Military from 2000-2007, never had to fire on any US Civilians, I still know people serving and they haven't had to either, my point is THIS Military has no experience firing upon crowds of American Civilians. The things we are talking about happened before our troops today were even born.

I personally remember Kent state.
The point is precedents have been set many times and they WILL do it again.

I personally remember Kent state.
The point is precedents have been set many times and they WILL do it again.

I hope your wrong.

First, the only way that martial law would be declared would be a national disaster such as the eruption of Yellowstone, or a nuclear exchange with a major nation. Other than that, it is all in you wingnuts imaginaton.

Second, for there to be a major event where you wound have troops firing on citizens, you would have to have something like one of the fringe lunatic militias occupy a town and shooting citizens.

What do YOU know about our military?

And since Sept. 11, 2001, the number of immigrants in uniform who have become U.S. citizens has increased from 750 in 2001 to almost 4,600 last year, according to military statistics.

With severe manpower strains because of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan -- and a mandate to expand the overall size of the military -- the Pentagon is under pressure to consider a variety of proposals involving foreign recruits, according to a military affairs analyst.

The U.S. military is facing a "significant criminal threat" from gangs, including prison and biker gangs, whose members have found their way into the ranks, according to an FBI-led investigation.

Some gang members get into the military to escape the streets, but then end up reconnecting once in, while others target the services specifically for the combat and weapons training, the National Gang Intelligence Center says in a just-released 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment/Emerging Trends.

So?

Maybe we need more foreign mercenaries in the military. If we have a military formed of mercenaries and gang bangers are they more or less inclined to open fire on Americans? Isn't this a good thing?

You didn't happen to be lying when you were in the military were you? Your service wasn't illegal was it? Didn't you say you were a lesbian? So what's the deal with phony service based on a lie????

So?

Maybe we need more foreign mercenaries in the military. If we have a military formed of mercenaries and gang bangers are they more or less inclined to open fire on Americans? Isn't this a good thing?

You didn't happen to be lying when you were in the military were you? Your service wasn't illegal was it? Didn't you say you were a lesbian? So what's the deal with phony service based on a lie????

How is it relevant if she was a Lesbian?:confused:

First, the only way that martial law would be declared would be a national disaster such as the eruption of Yellowstone, or a nuclear exchange with a major nation. Other than that, it is all in you wingnuts imaginaton.

Second, for there to be a major event where you wound have troops firing on citizens, you would have to have something like one of the fringe lunatic militias occupy a town and shooting citizens.

If that caldera in Yellowstone goes, we won't need troops, there won't be much of anything left.

So?

We just had an end to Don't Ask Don't Tell. A lesbian would have been dismissed.

Before 1993, when Clinton passed DADT homosexuality was totally banned in the military. So, yes, it would have been relevant since a homosexual would have lied to join and lied to stay.

So?

We just had an end to Don't Ask Don't Tell. A lesbian would have been dismissed.

Before 1993, when Clinton passed DADT homosexuality was totally banned in the military. So, yes, it would have been relevant since a homosexual would have lied to join and lied to stay.

Well I don't know too much about the rules back than since I was not in, but I thought you could only get thrown out of the Military for actually commiting homosexual acts? I worked in Separations and I saw a few women discharged for having sex with other women, and not all of them were gay, one of them was married as a matter a fact.

Forum List

Back