Will This Latest Disney Story Hurt Ron DeSantis??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Gov. Ron DeSantis continued escalating his battle against The Walt Disney Co. this week, calling for a new era in Florida where the company no longer gets to wield its mighty influence and “dictate policy” to state leaders. He singled out a special carveout that legislators approved for Disney in a 2021 bill that aimed to crack down on conservatives having their accounts banned by “Big Tech” social media companies. The bill was a DeSantis priority, but has since been blocked in court. That’s in part because the Republican bill sponsors added a last-minute amendment exempting companies that own theme parks.

“At the eleventh hour when the Legislature was doing this, Disney got them to put in a carveout for theme parks,” DeSantis said Thursday during a news conference. “I’m thinking to myself, ‘This is ridiculous.’ Honestly, it was embarrassing,” he added, saying he considered vetoing the legislation because of the carveout. But DeSantis’ own staff helped write it. Emails between staff working for the governor’s office and the House Commerce Committee show that DeSantis’ legislative affairs director, Stephanie Kopelousos, was in communication with Disney to propose bill language written by the company. The emails were first reported by the Seeking Rents newsletter, which shared them with the Tampa Bay Times."

Now, to anyone who isn't in a cult; they would see this as a typical politician saying one thing when the cameras are on and actually DOING A TOTALLY DIFFERENT THING when the cameras are off....but...to the cult....they will find a way to give DeSantis a pass for being full of shit as long as they believe he hates the same people they hate.....gays...trannies....those others....and as long as any Conservative politician can campaign on their manufactured culture war BS; they won't ever have to pass a single bill that structurally improves the lives of their constituency....sure, I still can't afford to refill my wife's insulin prescription; but at least we cracked down on those trannies!! -- that DeSantis is really looking out for us!!

This goofy ass culture war BS has these so-called "small government" -- "let the free markets decide" -- "corporations are people" conservatives now demanding governments punish corporations; not for price gouging, not for shady business practices, not for hiring illegal workers, no -- they want governments to punish corporations for not sharing in their passion to punish the fags or whatever minority group they are currently the most outraged about.

"Gov. Ron DeSantis continued escalating his battle against The Walt Disney Co. this week, calling for a new era in Florida where the company no longer gets to wield its mighty influence and “dictate policy” to state leaders. He singled out a special carveout that legislators approved for Disney in a 2021 bill that aimed to crack down on conservatives having their accounts banned by “Big Tech” social media companies. The bill was a DeSantis priority, but has since been blocked in court. That’s in part because the Republican bill sponsors added a last-minute amendment exempting companies that own theme parks.

“At the eleventh hour when the Legislature was doing this, Disney got them to put in a carveout for theme parks,” DeSantis said Thursday during a news conference. “I’m thinking to myself, ‘This is ridiculous.’ Honestly, it was embarrassing,” he added, saying he considered vetoing the legislation because of the carveout. But DeSantis’ own staff helped write it. Emails between staff working for the governor’s office and the House Commerce Committee show that DeSantis’ legislative affairs director, Stephanie Kopelousos, was in communication with Disney to propose bill language written by the company. The emails were first reported by the Seeking Rents newsletter, which shared them with the Tampa Bay Times."

Now, to anyone who isn't in a cult; they would see this as a typical politician saying one thing when the cameras are on and actually DOING A TOTALLY DIFFERENT THING when the cameras are off....but...to the cult....they will find a way to give DeSantis a pass for being full of shit as long as they believe he hates the same people they hate.....gays...trannies....those others....and as long as any Conservative politician can campaign on their manufactured culture war BS; they won't ever have to pass a single bill that structurally improves the lives of their constituency....sure, I still can't afford to refill my wife's insulin prescription; but at least we cracked down on those trannies!! -- that DeSantis is really looking out for us!!

This goofy ass culture war BS has these so-called "small government" -- "let the free markets decide" -- "corporations are people" conservatives now demanding governments punish corporations; not for price gouging, not for shady business practices, not for hiring illegal workers, no -- they want governments to punish corporations for not sharing in their passion to punish the fags or whatever minority group they are currently the most outraged about.
I find it humorous that these progressive slaves always find it within their hearts to applaud free market capitalism when it can be used for the agenda, but then turn completely against it when their progressive slave masters tell them to go against it.

DeSantis is playing the long game. Firebrand politics draws attention and wheedles the base. He has nothing lose in GOP circles by pushing this issue.

DeSantis is playing the long game. Firebrand politics draws attention and wheedles the base. He has nothing lose in GOP circles by pushing this issue.

DeSantis is setting himself as TRUMP Lite. All the pandering to the far right without the abusive demeanor

Problem is, Trump will not tolerate another Republican appealing to his base and will throw DeSantis under the bus

It won't matter one way or the other but it does point out the influence that Disney has in FL that needs to be curtailed.
Republicans allow corporate lobbyists to write their entire legislation all the time without a peep from their so-called base...

But now they wanna whine because Disney doesn't find penalizing trans people profitable?

Over half of democrats agree with this particular aspect of DaSantis' "firebrand" policy/law.

Why the fuck is the left so committed to sexualizing children who don't even care to know what sex is?

DeSantis plays to his base

That includes creating Straw Men that you then attack

The list includes the Media, NFL, NBA, Hollywood, Sesame Street and now Disney.
Actually, he surprised me. He is going beyond the call of duty for Republicans. Although he is doing what Repub voters were promised so many times over the years and never have gotten.

I find it humorous that these progressive slaves always find it within their hearts to applaud free market capitalism when it can be used for the agenda, but then turn completely against it when their progressive slave masters tell them to go against it.

So, they are just like you then.

That is what I find humorous

Nah it won't hurt him.

The big majority of people in Florida think that DeSantis is doing a great job.

If anything Disney whining about the queers is helping DeSantis.
1649082014120.png

Nah it won't hurt him.
I agree.....

Most base Republicans enjoy the performance more than authenticity...

So who cares if the guy's own staff wrote the very "carve-out" that he is complaining about...as long as he performs as the guy who hates the same people they hate, that is all that matters....

Actually, he surprised me. He is going beyond the call of duty for Republicans. Although he is doing what Repub voters were promised so many times over the years and never have gotten.
But as long as he performs -- it won't matter....

The performance matters more than the results......

Conservative Disney employees fear reprisals in ‘Don’t Say Gay’ debate, petition says​

An open letter penned by conservative Disney employees asks the company to remain neutral on issues that have politicized the corporate culture, damaged morale and caused right-wing employees to feel their days working at the Mouse House are numbered.​

Forum List

Back