Will the US Supreme Court Be 6-3, or 9-0 ?

Another Bozo right-wing theory. No the liberal justices will not resign because they are outnumbered by conservative justices for the time being.

View attachment 393662

Ahh, I see. So you're saying that the liberal judges would not quit, because they've taken it upon themselves to desperately attempt to continue Ginsberg's judicial activism, and to try to counter the decisions of the other Justices, who are more concerned about interpreting the intent of the founding fathers.

Got it.

The court has a way of moderating itself.

The people on the court are academics. Conservatives hate academics. So that is why court rulings are often not in keeping with conservative dogma.

Some people have raised the question about the makeup of the Supreme Court. With the addition of Judge Barrett, the court with have Republican majority of 6-3, but this may well cause the 3 Democrat justices to leave the court voluntarily.

The logic is that with a 6-3 Republican majority, and constantly being outvoted, the efforts of the 3 Democrat justices will be wasted by sitting on a court where their opinions will rarely, if ever, hold sway. At the same time, these 3 justices will know that their presence on other (lower) courts could have some impact, and to not be there, is a loss of political efficiency for their political persuasion, which like it or not, is what court decisions generally come down to.

There doesn't seem to be too much of a future for a 6-3 court, and the likelihood of the court soon (in 2021) going to a 9-0 solid Republican makeup, is quite high. Of course, this is contingent on the results of the 2020 election, however, I have little doubt that President Trump will be re-elected, despite the reports of the Democrat polls. We'll have a more focused view on the election after the 1st debate on Tuesday, where Biden has little chance of succeeding, once his long record is put in display by Trump.

Anyone can bet the way they wish. I'm seeing victory for Trump in November, and a 9-0 Supreme Court shortly after. I wouldn't bet against either of those.
It'll be 5-4 after we impeach tRumps 2 stolen seats and one rapist alcoholic.
I forgot to mention that they talk about their Dreams a lot too.

The court has a way of moderating itself.

The people on the court are academics. Conservatives hate academics. So that is why court rulings are often not in keeping with conservative dogma.
Trump has had quite few favorable ruling from the SCOTUS (Muslim countries travel ban, immigration asylum, the border wall, deportation, et al

Some people have raised the question about the makeup of the Supreme Court. With the addition of Judge Barrett, the court with have Republican majority of 6-3, but this may well cause the 3 Democrat justices to leave the court voluntarily.

The logic is that with a 6-3 Republican majority, and constantly being outvoted, the efforts of the 3 Democrat justices will be wasted by sitting on a court where their opinions will rarely, if ever, hold sway. At the same time, these 3 justices will know that their presence on other (lower) courts could have some impact, and to not be there, is a loss of political efficiency for their political persuasion, which like it or not, is what court decisions generally come down to.

There doesn't seem to be too much of a future for a 6-3 court, and the likelihood of the court soon (in 2021) going to a 9-0 solid Republican makeup, is quite high. Of course, this is contingent on the results of the 2020 election, however, I have little doubt that President Trump will be re-elected, despite the reports of the Democrat polls. We'll have a more focused view on the election after the 1st debate on Tuesday, where Biden has little chance of succeeding, once his long record is put in display by Trump.

Anyone can bet the way they wish. I'm seeing victory for Trump in November, and a 9-0 Supreme Court shortly after. I wouldn't bet against either of those.

I do not know what you are smoking. But you should cut back or just quit.

Those three Justices will be authoring dissents. A lot of them. And it Is certainly not unheard of where the dissent becomes the foundation of a future challenge that sees the majority decision overturned.

Remembering the Supreme Court’s first dissenter - National Constitution Center

In your insane fantasy world this would never happen. But in the real world, it happens often enough for dissents to have real value.

I do not know what you are smoking. But you should cut back or just quit.

Those three Justices will be authoring dissents. A lot of them. And it Is certainly not unheard of where the dissent becomes the foundation of a future challenge that sees the majority decision overturned.

Remembering the Supreme Court’s first dissenter - National Constitution Center

In your insane fantasy world this would never happen. But in the real world, it happens often enough for dissents to have real value.
Once again, >> I'm seeing victory for Trump in November, and a 9-0 Supreme Court shortly after. I wouldn't bet against either of those.

And I only put clean air in my lungs. Never smoke.

Or if Democrats win the presidency and Senate, they add 4 seats next year to that bench and make it 7-6 Liberal-leaning court.

#packthecourt2021
So you're saying that Trump and McConnell shoukd appoibt 5 Justices today?

So you're saying that Trump and McConnell shoukd appoibt 5 Justices today?
Make that 10.

1601352304468.png

Forum List

Back