Will the US Supreme Court Be 6-3, or 9-0 ?

protectionist

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some people have raised the question about the makeup of the Supreme Court. With the addition of Judge Barrett, the court with have Republican majority of 6-3, but this may well cause the 3 Democrat justices to leave the court voluntarily.

The logic is that with a 6-3 Republican majority, and constantly being outvoted, the efforts of the 3 Democrat justices will be wasted by sitting on a court where their opinions will rarely, if ever, hold sway. At the same time, these 3 justices will know that their presence on other (lower) courts could have some impact, and to not be there, is a loss of political efficiency for their political persuasion, which like it or not, is what court decisions generally come down to.

There doesn't seem to be too much of a future for a 6-3 court, and the likelihood of the court soon (in 2021) going to a 9-0 solid Republican makeup, is quite high. Of course, this is contingent on the results of the 2020 election, however, I have little doubt that President Trump will be re-elected, despite the reports of the Democrat polls. We'll have a more focused view on the election after the 1st debate on Tuesday, where Biden has little chance of succeeding, once his long record is put in display by Trump.

Anyone can bet the way they wish. I'm seeing victory for Trump in November, and a 9-0 Supreme Court shortly after. I wouldn't bet against either of those.

Turtlesoup

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Some people have raised the question about the makeup of the Supreme Court. With the addition of Judge Barrett, the court with have Republican majority of 6-3, but this may well cause the 3 Democrat justices to leave the court voluntarily.

The logic is that with a 6-3 Republican majority, and constantly being outvoted, the efforts of the 3 Democrat justices will be wasted by sitting on a court where there opinion will rarely, if ever, hold sway. At the same time, these 3 justices will know that their presence on other (lower) courts could have some impact, and to not be there, is a loss of political efficiency for their political persuasion, which like it or not, is what court decisions generally come down to.

There doesn't seem to be too much of a future for a 6-3 court, and the likelihood of the court soon (in 2021) going to a 9-0 solid Republican makeup is quite high. Of course, this is contingent on the results of the 2020 election, however I have little doubt that President Trump will be re-elected, despite the reports of the Democrat polls. We'll have a more focused view on the election after the 1st debate on Tuesday, where Biden has little chance of succeeding once his long record is put in display by Trump.

Anyone can bet the way they wish. I'm seeing victory for Trump in November, and a 9-0 Supreme Court shortly after. I wouldn't bet against either of those.
ROBERTS has been compromised--------it will be a 5-4 court maybe---gorsche voting has a bit concerned-------unless we get rid of Roberts who should be impeached for hanging around epstein.

Manonthestreet

Platinum Member
Reaction score

The logic is that with a 6-3 Republican majority, and constantly being outvoted, the efforts of the 3 Democrat justices will be wasted by sitting on a court where their opinions will rarely, if ever, hold sway. At the same time, these 3 justices will know that their presence on other (lower) courts could have some impact, and to not be there, is a loss of political efficiency for their political persuasion, which like it or not, is what court decisions generally come down to.

There doesn't seem to be too much of a future for a 6-3 court, and the likelihood of the court soon (in 2021) going to a 9-0 solid Republican makeup, is quite high. Of course, this is contingent on the results of the 2020 election, however, I have little doubt that President Trump will be re-elected, despite the reports of the Democrat polls. We'll have a more focused view on the election after the 1st debate on Tuesday, where Biden has little chance of succeeding, once his long record is put in display by Trump.

Seems like wishful thinking

toobfreak

Diamond Member
Reaction score
With the addition of Judge Barrett, the court with have Republican majority of 6-3

Odd, that's how the Democrats see it, yet many republicans here don't see it that way and bitched so I took the hat off Roberts as he is kinda in the middle. But funny that being in the middle gets you labeled a conservative by Democrats.

Supreme Court Amy Trump Roberts.jpg

The logic is that with a 6-3 Republican majority, and constantly being outvoted, the efforts of the 3 Democrat justices will be wasted by sitting on a court where their opinions will rarely, if ever, hold sway.
That would only be true if the 3 democrats try to legislate from the bench rather than do their jobs and interpret the law AS WRITTEN. Theoretically, if all 9 interpret the law as it was written, as Barrett professes to do, then it shouldn't matter what your personal political persuasions are!

Ricky LIbtardo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Can't wait for Trump to appoint his next Judge. 7-2 court would be just fine with me.

jwoodie

Gold Member
Reaction score
Isn't it interesting that Conservatives just want the Constitution to be interpreted as written, while Progressives are only interested in specific outcomes to advance their agendas?

Meathead

Platinum Member
Reaction score

With any luck it'll be 7-2 or 8-1 January 20, 2025.

OP
protectionist

protectionist

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ROBERTS has been compromised--------it will be a 5-4 court maybe---gorsche voting has a bit concerned-------unless we get rid of Roberts who should be impeached for hanging around epstein.
Liberals get ready to lose your minds completely.

5-4 would equal 9-0, just as much as 6-3 would. Here are the 3 or 4 or 5 new strict Conservative SCOTUS justices for 2021 >>

1601223374996.png
1601223432394.png

1601222880280.png
1601223097199.png
1601223525894.png

Last edited:
OP
protectionist

protectionist

Platinum Member
Reaction score
With any luck it'll be 7-2 or 8-1 January 20, 2025.
That would precipitate 1 or 2 leftist judges hanging around for nothing (but to collect paycheck) Why would they ?

Johnlaw

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another Bozo right-wing theory. No the liberal justices will not resign because they are outnumbered by conservative justices for the time being.

1601227052173.png

Faun

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Or if Democrats win the presidency and Senate, they add 4 seats next year to that bench and make it 7-6 Liberal-leaning court.

#packthecourt2021

OP
protectionist

protectionist

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another Bozo right-wing theory. No the liberal justices will not resign because they are outnumbered by conservative justices for the time being.
Logic has never been a strong point among liberals. They tend to gravitate more to the wishful thinking side. Ho hum, Yawn****

OP
protectionist

protectionist

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or if Democrats win the presidency and Senate, they add 4 seats next year to that bench and make it 7-6 Liberal-leaning court.

#packthecourt2021
See what I mean ?

We talk about what IS HAPPENING. They talk about what they HOPE to have happen (regardless of the unlikeliness) :biggrin:

OP
protectionist

protectionist

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Odd, that's how the Democrats see it, yet many republicans here don't see it that way and bitched so I took the hat off Roberts as he is kinda in the middle. But funny that being in the middle gets you labeled a conservative by Democrats.

View attachment 393569

The logic is that with a 6-3 Republican majority, and constantly being outvoted, the efforts of the 3 Democrat justices will be wasted by sitting on a court where their opinions will rarely, if ever, hold sway.

That would only be true if the 3 democrats try to legislate from the bench rather than do their jobs and interpret the law AS WRITTEN. Theoretically, if all 9 interpret the law as it was written, as Barrett professes to do, then it shouldn't matter what your personal political persuasions are!
That will be the day when these 3 liberals will do anything BUT legislate from the bench.

Crepitus

Platinum Member
Reaction score

It'll be 5-4 after we impeach tRumps 2 stolen seats and one rapist alcoholic.

toobfreak

Diamond Member
Reaction score

View attachment 393569

That will be the day when these 3 liberals will do anything BUT legislate from the bench.
Especially Sotomayor and after Scalia passed away, Ginsberg shot straight to hell as well.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List