Will the Federal Government Shut Down on Monday?

Will the Federal Government shut down on Monday

• Yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • With the dysfunction, it's going to be hard to tell

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I like Bacon

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am under the opinion that Congress has been handed a no win situation on this one. Most of the bill he is rejecting (without actually vetoing it) was already agreed on and even suggested by his Administration. There are parts that the Senate has added and the House has added but essentially, it's exactly what Munuchin already supported.

This is another case of Rump breaking as many toys on his way out of the Nursery as he can.
Most of the bill is pork. $600 paycheck for 300 million Americans should only cost $180 billion.

I think it was planned, to the point of tramp asking for 2 grand. Why do you think they waited for so long?

I could be wrong.
Definitely planned for the confusion and disruption. Nothing like having a bomb thrower in the midst of management. Almost as much Mitch and Nancy's fault. This was only possible because they waited and took their own sweet time getting around to passing it at a time when it was possible for him to have the option to pull something like this. Any other time, while congress was going to be in session, would have gone into law without signature after 10 days. Politics as usual in the nations capital. He and these hacks would be run off the board of any decent strategic, functional corporate board. Perfectly planned by trump using the timing. You cannot override, what has not been vetoed. Not saying there isn't a massive amount of political pork money and other pet perks in the Omnibus and Relief acts for both sides, but his people were in on the negotiations all the way through.

Nancy is solely responsible for this steaming pile of crap, and I for one think it is great that President Trump rejected it...

She openly admitted that she stalled Covid relief purposely to not give Trump anything to tout in the election...She put power above the American people, as liberals always do...Then if that were not bad enough, she then waited til the last possible minute, and produced a 5,000 plus, page bill with a laundry list of liberal give aways, with less than 5 hrs to read before the vote....This is classic democrat playbook...And I for one can not understand why anyone would continue to support these people.

Your new dear leader should be along any time now,

You're an idiot if my posts in this thread have led you to the conclusion that I'm a right winger.
You're relatively new on a board full of Trumpbots. I can't keep track of every opinionated asshole who drops in.

So, those who disagree with your opinion, are just assholes right? Well, we think the same of you to there honey....

I think it was planned, to the point of tramp asking for 2 grand. Why do you think they waited for so long?

I could be wrong.

You aren't wrong. It could have been a done deal in early November. But Rump was too busy trying to steal an election along with his merry band of criminals. Just like the Covid could have been addressed in early November by a President. But we don't have a President right now and nothing positive is going to happen. Look for more Pocket Vetoes which means that Biden will have to deal with things on Jan 21st and things will be a lot worse off than they are right now.

Part of that new bill was to fund the Vaccine at State Level. What good does it do to have the vaccine just dumped off at the State Capital and the state not having enough funds to get it widely distributed. And let's not forget that on Dec 26th, many, many programs for Citizens runs out and leaves a lot of good folks in the cold and hungry.

Did you vote?

It could have been a done deal in early November. But Rump was too busy trying to steal an election along with his merry band of criminals.

What could Trump have done about it in early November?

If you want to blame the lack of action in early November, you need look no higher than Pelosi and McConnell.

Quiet. Trumpkins don’t care about debt.
And this has zero to do with the orange he sociopaths actions
Not yet they don't.

But on 21 January, it will become a huge issue with them.
The debt can only start to balance if we reign in the social programs.
Neither side shows any interest in balancing the debt. Does not make economic sense, but economic sense has not seemed part of the equation since the 1990s. Have seen it argued in an almost intelligent sounding manner on this board that it is not even necessary, almost a bad idea. I do not have the vision for that, as took Econ, way back when Keynesian econ was king.

I could be wrong.
Yes the timing seems pretty covienent. They stalled a lot to get it to Christmas. New years. And the changing of the guard. Took a lot of pussy footing already to get us to christmas. Perhaps they are waiting till Biden gets fully in as to make him look good. They always talk unity right after the elections are over.

I am under the opinion that Congress has been handed a no win situation on this one. Most of the bill he is rejecting (without actually vetoing it) was already agreed on and even suggested by his Administration. There are parts that the Senate has added and the House has added but essentially, it's exactly what Munuchin already supported.

This is another case of Rump breaking as many toys on his way out of the Nursery as he can.
you are a DUMBASS----we are in huge debt and you want to WASTE/give $$$ to other countries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
STUPID--very stupid
Are you not aware that this is busi see as usual for the federal government?

Not yet they don't.

BZZZZZT!!!

That's incorrect! The only way the budget will balance is if we get billionaires and corporations to lay their fair share.

you are a DUMBASS----we are in huge debt and you want to WASTE/give $$$ to other countries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
STUPID--very stupid

Your opinion doesn't count if you are just too lazy to vote.
........that is some of the most idiotic/stupid/ridiculous/etc crap ever = WASTING/giving $$$$$ to foreign countries at a time like this
No Shit... how can anyone in their right minds justify the pork s that is in that bill, how can anyone with half a brain justify sending billions to foreign countries?
It's amazing how few tRumplings actually know anything about how government works.

STUPID--very stupid

........that is some of the most idiotic/stupid/ridiculous/etc crap ever = WASTING/giving $$$$$ to foreign countries at a time like this
No Shit... how can anyone in their right minds justify the pork s that is in that bill, how can anyone with half a brain justify sending billions to foreign countries?
It's amazing how few tRumplings actually know anything about how government works.
Just answer the fucking question ass wipe. Justify sending the money to foreign governments. How does that help Americans during the Corvid emergency?

STUPID--very stupid

Just answer the fucking question ass wipe. Justify sending the money to foreign governments. How does that help Americans during the Corvid emergency?
It's already been answered.

Read the thread.

And take a civics/government class.

STUPID--very stupid

Read the thread.

Fuck off Asswipe, if you don't know the answer just admit it.

Not yet they don't.

BZZZZZT!!!

That's incorrect! The only way the budget will balance is if we get billionaires and corporations to lay their fair share.

The only way the budget will balance is if we get billionaires and corporations to lay their fair share.

NO

the only way the budget will balance, is to keep Congress spending like drunken sailors.

STUPID--very stupid

Read the thread.

Fuck off Asswipe, if you don't know the answer just admit it.
Ok, one more time for th hard of thinking then;

The simple answer is "we live on this world". Foreign aid advances our nation's security interests, our economic interests, and generates good will towards America on the national stage.

Not yet they don't.

BZZZZZT!!!

The only way the budget will balance is if we get billionaires and corporations to lay their fair share.

NO

the only way the budget will balance, is to keep Congress spending like drunken sailors.
They already are. It's not helping.

I could be wrong.
Because Trump has been MIA in these negotiations for eight months. And by the way, he was happy with the bill he assigned Mnuchin to handle until he wasn't. Why didn't he say he wanted $2000 dollars from the beginning? We are no where, and we are going no where thanks to this lazy pos who cares nothing for anyone but himself. Let them starve. Let them die. Since he didn't win the election, everyone can go to hell; Jake Sherman: It's likely Trump is going to shut gov't. down on Monday

Forum List

Back