Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

It's all about protected classes.

Some states don't protect gay's rights.

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".
See how many Final Fours come back to Indianapolis. Superbowl? Forget it Mike

But at least you got to score points with your gay hating base

Republicans just can't help themselves.

Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com

It will quickly be thrown out by the court because it's unconstitutional to deny anyone their right to be treated equal under the law.

All it will do is cost Indiana a lot of money in court costs.

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".

I don' think irritating 2% of the population is going to destroy the economy of Indiana. Furthermore, gays brought this on themselves by suing businesses in other states that didn't want to be involved in their weddings.

Come on Republicans

It will quickly be thrown out by the court because it's unconstitutional to deny anyone their right to be treated equal under the law.

Not true at all. It's only unconstitutional to deny service based on race, religion, or national origin.

I realize this approach won't be popular, but let's take a moment to "think things through".

What are these people going to do, hang a "NO GAYS ALLOWED" sign on their window? Classy. That would make it easy for people to take a photo of it, and before you know it, everyone on the planet knows about it. Then it won't be just the gay population that doesn't go in there, it would be a large segment of the population, those of us who don't like such simple-minded bigotry. Any restaurant that tried that would see a significant drop in business, and no restaurant can afford that for long. Bye bye!

So you're an anti-gay bigot? Cool. Thanks for letting me know. Put up a big sign so that I'll know, and then I'll also know never to go in there and to tell a few friends about it.

Yeah, pass that law.

I doubt the law requires anyone to post a sign in their window.

Come on Republicans

Not true at all. It's only unconstitutional to deny service based on race, religion, or national origin.
Not anymore. The No Jews or Christians gas station is open for business.

I realize this approach won't be popular, but let's take a moment to "think things through".

What are these people going to do, hang a "NO GAYS ALLOWED" sign on their window? Classy. That would make it easy for people to take a photo of it, and before you know it, everyone on the planet knows about it. Then it won't be just the gay population that doesn't go in there, it would be a large segment of the population, those of us who don't like such simple-minded bigotry. Any restaurant that tried that would see a significant drop in business, and no restaurant can afford that for long. Bye bye!

So you're an anti-gay bigot? Cool. Thanks for letting me know. Put up a big sign so that I'll know, and then I'll also know never to go in there and to tell a few friends about it.

Yeah, pass that law.

I doubt the law requires anyone to post a sign in their window.
It doesn't, so we'll do it for them, like this:
christian-homes-marked.png

Maybe the gays wear ass-less chaps? Lolol

How are they going to tell who is gay?

Come on Republicans

Hmmm, Christianity and Judaism are religions, numskull.

Come on Republicans

And discrimination because of deeply held religious beliefs is about to be legal there.

Come on Republicans

I don' think irritating 2% of the population is going to destroy the economy of Indiana. Furthermore, gays brought this on themselves by suing businesses in other states that didn't want to be involved in their weddings.

That is where Republicans continue to shoot themselves in the foot

It is ONLY 2% of the population.....who CARES?

An majority of the US now supports gay rights and gay marriage. Businesses and corporations do not want to align themselves with the "fag hating" crowd. People and businesses will refuse to do business with Indiana because of this legislation

Come on Republicans

And discrimination because of deeply held religious beliefs is about to be legal there.

No it's not.

Come on Republicans

That is where Republicans continue to shoot themselves in the foot

It is ONLY 2% of the population.....who CARES?

An majority of the US now supports gay rights and gay marriage. Businesses and corporations do not want to align themselves with the "fag hating" crowd. People and businesses will refuse to do business with Indiana because of this legislation

Whenever there's a measure on the ballot against gay marriage the polls always show the public is against it, and then it passes by a wide margin. People lie to pollsters about the gay issue because they don't want people to think they are bigots.

No it's not.
Oh, but it is. Once you open that bag all the cats run out. Let the games begin.

What I'm seeing here is hate filled bigots, spewing their vitriol against people who simply wish to conduct their lives and businesses according to their closely held religious beliefs. Your are the ones trying to force your value system on others and doing it in such a hateful way, I think it's inexcusable.

Remember the same values that give you the freedom to be you, also give me the freedom to be free from you. I see this as nothing more than atheist trying to further their persecution of people of faith, just another attempt by the left to destroy the 1st Amendment. The freedom to exercise one's religious beliefs as they see fit and the right of citizens to associate with the people they chose, are bedrock principles of this country that the left has been chipping away for decades. Now that the pendulum is swinging the other way you're having fits and calling names like spoiled little children.

And if businesses in Indiana openly or underhandedly maintain a position that they will not do business with gays, other people and other businesses will choose not to do business in Indiana

So those wishing to hold a convention will choose venues in other states. Sports leagues will choose other locations for major events

It works both ways

I understand it works both ways, it's your side that thinks it doesn't and wish to force your values on others. But as more and more states adopt similar laws to protect their religious majorities from state sponsored violations of the 1st Amendment, then people who agree with them will seek to do business with them. People are getting fed up with radical liberalism and radical atheist.

Forum List

Back